dcsimg

Track for Bosch 18v saw?

This topic contains 103 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 104 total)
  • Author

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have done some research into this since the discussion on the “I got a box” thread and felt that I should start a new thread for the topic.

It seems that the groove in the base of the 18 volt circular saw fits the Bosch 2602317031 55″ Jigsaw Guide Rail; unfortunately it seems that that item has been discontinued. Here is a link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-2602317031-1584AVS-1587AVS-1584DVS/dp/B000VC5U5C/ref=cm_cr_dp_asin_lnk

Further research discovered that an adapter is available to use the 18v saw on the FSN guide rail for Bosch’s track saw. Here is a link to that item.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-2607001375-Adapter-for-Guide-Rail-for-Handheld-Circular-Saws-/351031329084?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51bb19013c

As we know, the Bosch track saw is not available in North America. The FSN guide rails are available on eBay from a seller in the UK.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-FSN-1600-KIT-Guide-Rail-kit-c-w-2-x-Rail-1-x-Connector-1-x-Bag-/190806522693?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item2c6cf47b45

Once everything is purchased, the total cost is a little steep just to turn a cordless circular saw into an impromptu track, in my opinion. But I figured I would share my research in case anyone was interested.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think that was the same consensus we had from a while back. In theory, great idea’s, but in reality, it seems like Bosch doesn’t want to make things simple. IDK, maybe it’s me. Hopefully they will just bring the track saw over and be done with the madness.

redwood
    Pro

The price for the 2 tracks is not that way out there, but I imagine the shipping and the adapter will put it there.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Actually shipping for the tracks is only about $50 and the adapter with shipping is another $50. The price isn’t that bad but I think it is a little steep for an add on to a cordless saw – by the time you bought everything you could have bought the Makita track saw.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I use my 18 volt saw all the time, but for me it doesn’t make a lot of sense to pay a lot for a track for it. It still wouldn’t do the things I want a track saw for, dust collection, splinter free cuts, etc…

Anonymous

Great info, Maybe I’m not understanding it completely but if ya got the track why would you need the adapter too? Regardless, $300 to get the track here isn’t really worth it to me. Although it’s nice to know it can be had. Thanks. I think I’m back to those straight edge guides with the track and a saw plate, You can get into one of those for less than a $100 and that’s with the cool double clamp thing. And it’s only about $60 for just the clamp on the bottom…That’s for 54″

You can make a pretty quick, long zero clearance track for any saw easy enough. It would just be nice to grab a track you had and your cordless saw to make some quick cuts. It seems that Hilti, Makita, and Festool all have set a standard track size, so why not incorporate that groove into a cordless saw.

Thanks for the info @chadm.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I think I’m back to those straight edge guides with the track and a saw plate, You can get into one of those for less than a $100 and that’s with the cool double clamp thing. And it’s only about $60 for just the clamp on the bottom…That’s for 54″

I agree that those straight edge guides are a pretty good option for using in tandem with the cordless circ saws.

Hopefully they will just bring the track saw over and be done with the madness.

We can always hope… but I am doubtful at this point. It just seems like the longer Bosch waits, the less likely it seems worthwhile to bring it over – unless they improve upon their current design to be able to outperform the other contenders

John S

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Great info, Maybe I’m not understanding it completely but if ya got the track why would you need the adapter too? Regardless, $300 to get the track here isn’t really worth it to me. Although it’s nice to know it can be had. Thanks. I think I’m back to those straight edge guides with the track and a saw plate, You can get into one of those for less than a $100 and that’s with the cool double clamp thing. And it’s only about $60 for just the clamp on the bottom…That’s for 54″

You need the adapter because the track that the groove in the saw base was designed to fit is apparently no longer in production. The guide rail for the Bosch track saw is a different size, requiring the adapter for the 18v saw to work.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Chad – Mafell makes the tracks for Bosch and you can buy them at Timberwolf tools. Shipping will be less than $50 and mine came well packaged. They sell three sizes too and connectors if you wanted to join several together. It does take separate clamps to secure the rail to material as it is thinner than Festool’s clamps. Just wanted to mention this again in case anyone was thinking about adding this capability/set-up to their collection.

Orange County, CA

I took a look at the adapter and it is a good find…only $6 to ship and total is around $50 — not that bad at all for that accessory. Hmmm…I already have the track, just need the saw and adapter.

Orange County, CA

redwood
    Pro

Remember that those tracks that Chad found is for 2 of them. A extra Makita track will cost close $100 + shipping.

The advantage to the Bosch cordless is that it is cordless.

DeWalt used to make a cordless track saw, but I don’t think it is available anylonger. I think that Festool is coming out with a cordless tracksaw, or maybe I’m dreaming.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

You’re right, Mark @redwood, it’s the TS55reqC or something like that…I’m just trying to think when that would be an advantage, unless dust collection isn’t an issue. Seems if you have a vacuum hooked to it you might as well have it plugged in.

Anonymous

I agree that those straight edge guides are a pretty good option for using in tandem with the cordless circ saws.

When you say tandem do you mean using with 2 guides? Or just the saw plate and guide together? With this set up you only use one guide as the saw plate fits into a track on a single straight edge guide..But, I was thinking about getting two of them anyway for also using the top clamps feature. That would be much better for holding bigger pieces you’re working on

Anonymous

You need the adapter because the track that the groove in the saw base was designed to fit is apparently no longer in production. The guide rail for the Bosch track saw is a different size, requiring the adapter for the 18v saw to work.

Dang it, Ok. Thanks for the splainin’

MrToolJunkie

I took a look at the adapter and it is a good find…only $6 to ship and total is around $50 — not that bad at all for that accessory. Hmmm…I already have the track, just need the saw and adapter.

Thanks for the info

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Thanks Chad, I never would have thought that Bosch made an adapter for the circular saw. $300 for a track saw conversion is a bit steep and may warrant just waiting or looking into the new Festool cordless track saw.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I still think that I would go cheap on a strait edge guide for the cordless saw. For the money, I’d just save for a track saw.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Hey Chad, @chadm was it you looking for tracks for the bosch cordless recently? I couldn’t find the thread but found this one.

I was telling someone there a two diferent bosch tracks and I found the ones you need for the 18V saws on amazon.co.uk and the ship to Canada at least.

2x these and a connector ships for $408 USD. Not cheap but not bad as the rails are pricey themselves.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-2602317031-Guide-Rail-Routers/dp/B000VC5U5C/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1416707362&sr=8-6&keywords=bosch+fsn

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Well isn’t that interesting! I wonder if the big 4 will start to add a groove in their new cordless saws as a standard to work on popular tracks?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Hey Chad, @chadm was it you looking for tracks for the bosch cordless recently? I couldn’t find the thread but found this one.

I was telling someone there a two diferent bosch tracks and I found the ones you need for the 18V saws on amazon.co.uk and the ship to Canada at least.

2x these and a connector ships for $408 USD. Not cheap but not bad as the rails are pricey themselves.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-2602317031-Guide-Rail-Routers/dp/B000VC5U5C/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1416707362&sr=8-6&keywords=bosch+fsn

@thedude306 Yeah, it was me you were talking to about the tracks for the cordless saw. Thanks for the info! That isn’t cheap, I would really like the tracks but I think before I spend $400 to turn my cordless into a quasi track saw I would spend the same money and pick up the Makita track saw.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.651 seconds