dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

This topic contains 250 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  smallerstick 8 hours, 34 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 251 total)
  • Author

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My Gerber multi tool was the TOTD yesterday. I used the slotted bit & pliers to fix the camping toaster. Also my daughter used the Phillips bit to remove this cheap plastic squeeze horn off her bike. It was nice to see her do that all on her own.
    I have had this Gerber multi tool for along time.

It’s like the Leatherman multi tool/device. Have had one for maybe three decades and bring it with me on almost every vacation. Rougin of casual. They’re indispensable to have on hand as a handy tool away.

Almost lost mine once twenty or so years ago being scrutinized thru border security at some POS carribean island entry point, but got the eager to steal border guy to turn his attention elsewhere somehow with my objections. They’re pretty common now.

I have this one for long time. I usually take with me camping,Atving and when I use to go snowombiling. It does come in handy.

My Gerber multi tool was the TOTD yesterday. I used the slotted bit & pliers to fix the camping toaster. Also my daughter used the Phillips bit to remove this cheap plastic squeeze horn off her bike. It was nice to see her do that all on her own.
    I have had this Gerber multi tool for along time.

I have one of those multi tools , not a Gerber , I should probably carry it with me more. They are definitely practical.
    It’s great that she can do these things 👍

They are handy to have. It just getting into the habit of taking them with you.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

My Veritas joinery saws.

Had to do some half laps that were deeper than my table saw can cut and I didn’t feel like putting on a dado stack and nibbling it away. They came out great by hand, and it was an enjoyable time doing it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD was definitely my Freak. Paired with a big Core battery, I probably put in close to 1000 deck screws today!

My Veritas joinery saws.

Had to do some half laps that were deeper than my table saw can cut and I didn’t feel like putting on a dado stack and nibbling it away. They came out great by hand, and it was an enjoyable time doing it.

Those must have been some deep half laps! I would love to see the joinery you’re making.

Charlie

Instagram

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

My Dewalt 20-volt 7 1/4″ circular saw was my TOTD today.
    It cut a lot of window frames and plywood. Paired with a 5AH battery it doesn’t stop.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Mine is the swanstrom made in USA precision needle nose pliers
    Had to do some toy repair and for my daughter.

Doobie
    Pro

TOTD was my rotary laser with its receiver on the grade rod figuring out elevations for a build.

The Bosch OMT was a big help today. A few years ago I found some sort of industrial caulking and plastered the edges of the exterior window with it to stop leaks. Not sure what it was, but it wasn’t getting cut with a knife.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

The Bosch OMT was a big help today. A few years ago I found some sort of industrial caulking and plastered the edges of the exterior window with it to stop leaks. Not sure what it was, but it wasn’t getting cut with a knife.

I love using my OMT for cutting caulking – do you use a caulking specific blade, or do you just file down an old used blade?

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yes a OMT does a nice job removing old caulking. They are a great tool to have.

Greg

do you use a caulking specific blade, or do you just file down an old used blade?

I just grabbed one with aggressive teeth. A hardwood one I belive. I don’t have much of a selection. Someday I will find some at a reasonable price or cash in some points for more. I guess some really cheap ones for “garbage” work like this would be handy.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

do you use a caulking specific blade, or do you just file down an old used blade?

I just grabbed one with aggressive teeth. A hardwood one I belive. I don’t have much of a selection. Someday I will find some at a reasonable price or cash in some points for more. I guess some really cheap ones for “garbage” work like this would be handy.

I have taken worn blades and sharpened a knife edge on them for cutting stuff like that.

My new PS42 got its first real workout yesterday assembling cabinets. I think I’m gonna get a lot of use out of that little tool!

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I have taken worn blades and sharpened a knife edge on them for cutting stuff like that.

My new PS42 got its first real workout yesterday assembling cabinets. I think I’m gonna get a lot of use out of that little tool!

That’s what I do too. It’s a nice second life for used up blades, and it works really well.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I bought two of those caulking blades for my older omt , it works great for regular caulking , mind you , you have to be careful with the angle of the blade , it can tend to scratch the surface , but definitely makes a difference , I also kept two of the older wood blades to sharpen them never got around to it yet

That’s sounds like a great little impact Peter , hearing from you and Charlie , looks like I’ll have to add this to the list LoL.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I would have to say my phone was my TOTD yesterday. I use app for a TOO DO Lists . When I saw things that needed done or I need to buy something for rental apartment I would add it to the list. I also used it for doing Google searches.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

A couple of pole jacks were my Tool’s of the day.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Working on that roof?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

These pole jacks seem very handy to have. I think the first time I remember seeing poles jacks was from you.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

Working on that roof?

They were used to hold up where rafters would end up for a mock up of where the roof would end up.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TOTD today turned out to be my flexvolt circular saw. Even with the day off due to rain I found enough to work on around the house!

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD was this mini Kubota. I’ve only used a few excavators before and not for long (under close supervision and my foreman got annoyed with how careful and slow I was going so he made me stop and took over, lol) but today I just went at my own pace and slowly got a little better as I went. The hole got dug too, so that’s good, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 251 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.530 seconds