dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 625 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

This light weight little Ridgid compressor was just the perfect tool today versus any of my other compressors. Neeeded it for my crown staples gun to assemble on the fly caging for my rapidly growing tomatos.

Practical for that use for sure
    What size staple did you use

6mm 7/32″ wide staples of various lengths as needed.

This light weight little Ridgid compressor was just the perfect tool today versus any of my other compressors. Neeeded it for my crown staples gun to assemble on the fly caging for my rapidly growing tomatos.

I love getting to use my small Senci compressor for things like that – it’s so much quieter and lighter than the one I have for framing!

But mine is cordless. Just makes it that much easier to deploy for small job nailer tasks like that outside.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I love getting to use my small Senci compressor for things like that – it’s so much quieter and lighter than the one I have for framing!

But mine is cordless. Just makes it that much easier to deploy for small job nailer tasks like that outside.

Ooh, I didn’t realize that! That’s a huge bonus!

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Ooh, I didn’t realize that! That’s a huge bonus!

I don’t know if they still make it any longer. It was regular near $300 and I bought it for $120 on clearance a year or two ago. Haven’t seen it reappear at HD since. It’s gotten used plenty since I got it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is a nice size compressor for little jobs. It must be nice that it is cordless?
    Looks like your tomato plants love the hot weather. Do you remove the suckers from your plants? Or just leave them.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

That is a nice size compressor for little jobs. It must be nice that it is cordless?
    Looks like your tomato plants love the hot weather. Do you remove the suckers from your plants? Or just leave them.

I do. I also trimmed away low lying stuff yesterday also that wasn’t really getting any sun any longer anyways and was yellowing.

We have a ton of rasberry coming in soon this year where I will be building my deck later this year. Gonna try to save a few to start them off at another location in the yard I will need to set up.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I do. I also trimmed away low lying stuff yesterday also that wasn’t really getting any sun any longer anyways and was yellowing.

We have a ton of rasberry coming in soon this year where I will be building my deck later this year. Gonna try to save a few to start them off at another location in the yard I will need to set up.

Yes that is a good idea. I have read it doesn’t hurt to trim up your plants. I use to do the same when I had tomato plants. This is the first year in 7 or 8 years not having tomatoes.

That will be good if you can save then. Is there a certain time of year that is good to transplant raspberries?

Greg

My old trusted olfa knife broken thread screw , looks like I’ll be replacing it ,

Doobie

That will be good if you can save then. Is there a certain time of year that is good to transplant raspberries?

I’ve never transplanted rasberries before, but I suspect doing it long before the snow flies is best. They were here when we bought this house in 2000.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’ve never transplanted rasberries before, but I suspect doing it long before the snow flies is best. They were here when we bought this house in 2000.

I haven’t either. Just wondering if there is certain time a year it should be done. It would be shame if died after they were transplanted.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My old trusted olfa knife broken thread screw , looks like I’ll be replacing it ,

Always sad when a good tool bites the dust :/

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This is just one specific instance of how and why I love these Quickloader straps 😂

Charlie

Instagram

Always sad when a good tool bites the dust :/

Haha yeah , funny thing is I have like 5 of these , but the older models just feel right lol

I’ve thought about planting raspberry or strawberry plants , I remember one of my friends had strawberries , he said they take over everything else in the garden.
    I assume that they are lower on the ground like strawberries also.

Doobie

I’ve thought about planting raspberry or strawberry plants , I remember one of my friends had strawberries , he said they take over everything else in the garden.
    I assume that they are lower on the ground like strawberries also.

Not really. Some are low to the ground, but the plants are waist high or more. All this needs to get chopped down when I go to build my deck.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

My TOTD was my Milwaukee fan I used while I was working in the garage.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My TOTD was my Milwaukee fan I used while I was working in the garage.

I guess you are lucky you bought that fan.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD was and kind of has been for a while – my ps4/32 combo – I reach for these two tools more than almost any other! I think the only tool I use as much or at least close is my Milwaukee fatback utility knife.

I only have a picture from earlier this week, but I used them a bunch again today too, putting up another fan and a new screen door. They’re just the perfect size and weight for little projects like that.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

My TOTD was and kind of has been for a while – my ps4/32 combo – I reach for these two tools more than almost any other! I think the only tool I use as much or at least close is my Milwaukee fatback utility knife.

I only have a picture from earlier this week, but I used them a bunch again today too, putting up another fan and a new screen door. They’re just the perfect size and weight for little projects like that.

Don’t ya just love the 12V tools. I try to use mine over their 18V counterparts all the time.

Don’t ya just love the 12V tools. I try to use mine over their 18V counterparts all the time.

I’m big on the 18 volt tools , but lately I’m thinking about buying the 12 volt router and plane , that being said I’d also like to add that 12 jiggy

Doobie

I’m big on the 18 volt tools , but lately I’m thinking about buying the 12 volt router and plane , that being said I’d also like to add that 12 jiggy

I have all of those, but it’s the 12V drills that I really covet. The smaller size and lighter weight make a big difference all around.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 625 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.525 seconds