dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 15 posts - 701 through 715 (of 715 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The TOTD for was my Stanley tool set. It saved me alot trips back and forth to the workshop where my big tool chest is.

Yep having all the tools near the job sure does help.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The TOTD for was my Stanley tool set. It saved me alot trips back and forth to the workshop where my big tool chest is.

Yep having all the tools near the job sure does help.

Yes it sure does. I still had bucket other tools I had get as I need. It was too bad. Maybe one day I will have a garage with my tools in one spot.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My GBH2-26 1 inch SDS-Plus Bulldog Xtreme Rotary Hammer has been my TOTD for several days. I used it to remove the Brick hearth where the wood stove sat in our basement. It made removing the old brick very easy and I didn’t damage the brick by using the Rotary Hammer. It was the first time for me using a rotary hammer.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

My GBH2-26 1 inch SDS-Plus Bulldog Xtreme Rotary Hammer has been my TOTD for several days. I used it to remove the Brick hearth where the wood stove sat in our basement. It made removing the old brick very easy and I didn’t damage the brick by using the Rotary Hammer. It was the first time for me using a rotary hammer.

did the tool come with a little tube of lubricant? if not get one yourself. I use Makita chuck lubricant with my SDS.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

did the tool come with a little tube of lubricant?

No it come with lubricant.

did the tool come with a little tube of lubricant? if not get one yourself. I use Makita chuck lubricant with my SDS.

I will check this out.

Greg

You know , I have two rotary hammers , I believe that the bulldog did not come with any , but I’m not sure about the other bigger one I received , I know it has that cloth , I’ll have to check also

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

You know , I have two rotary hammers , I believe that the bulldog did not come with any , but I’m not sure about the other bigger one I received , I know it has that cloth , I’ll have to check also

You have not used your Rotary hammers yet?

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I just look in the manual that came with my Bosch Rotary hammer. The manual said to lightly grease with a light oil or lubricant. I did use some light grease I had on hand when I used my hammer. The manual doesn’t say you have use any special grease.

Greg

You have not used your Rotary hammers yet?

Oh yeah , they have been used for tile removal , and digging a few holes in the ground /clay. I just don’t remember if they came with any

@GTokley
    I just checked my picture of when I received the rotary hammer , I can actually see a tip of the tube in the case of the bigger one , but the bulldog didn’t have any

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@GTokley

I just checked my picture of when I received the rotary hammer , I can actually see a tip of the tube in the case of the bigger one , but the bulldog didn’t have any

I can see the tube of grease in the picture also. That is great a it came with a tube of grease. Those tubes of grease are very expensive. Your lucky you got a tube. That big hammer is a sweet unit. That was the one I wanted to get.

Greg

Doobie

TOTD were my Gecko siding gauges for installing James Hardie lap siding on my shed build today in a slightly unconventional manner that did the trick!

Just awesome devices that I will gladly buy again if necessary.

Doobie

TOTD today was my 12V Bosch planer.

I was actually amazed at well it was engineered with functioning with a vac and doing the job needed at ahnd which was trimming out a window opening better than I had dome prior for what was otherwise a super tight window fit.

I was actually amazed at well it was engineered with functioning with a vac and doing the job needed at ahnd which was trimming out a window opening better than I had dome prior for what was otherwise a super tight window fit.

That’s definitely a tool on my radar , I have the older 18 volt nicad , but definitely would like to add this smaller 12 volt version.

I’ve heard good things about it

Doobie

That’s definitely a tool on my radar , I have the older 18 volt nicad , but definitely would like to add this smaller 12 volt version.

I’ve heard good things about it

I have a very old 18v RIDGID, but this unit the Bosch 12V unit has been begging for a reason to be taken out of its box and frankly it was much more nimble to use for this job with having it do mostly vertical parts some of which were over my head. Glad I bought it!

Viewing 15 posts - 701 through 715 (of 715 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.260 seconds