dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 678 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

if he’s back online yet.

Just got back online…Yayy.

Anyway. It could be a lot of things. I would try fresh gas with no alcohol in it. Could be a vaccuum leak. If it is that it is a not worth fixing the carb when you can get a new one so cheap. If it were a Briggs and Stratton I would say maybe the lifters have lost their adjustment.

There is only 3 things an engine needs. Fuel, air, and spark at the right time.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

if he’s back online yet.

Anyway. It could be a lot of things. I would try fresh gas with no alcohol in it. Could be a vaccuum leak. If it is that it is a not worth fixing the carb when you can get a new one so cheap. If it were a Briggs and Stratton I would say maybe the lifters have lost their adjustment.

There is only 3 things an engine needs. Fuel, air, and spark at the right time.

I think I’ll get some fresh gas then, just to rule that out.

Would it be a bad idea to dump what is maybe a gallon of this gas into my SUV to get rid of it?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

fresh gas

That would be the best first step. I try to get non-ethanol gas for my lawn equipment (not availible at our new place). I put a good dose of fuel stabilizer in it too. I have become kind of partial to Sea Foam as it cleans the system too, but just the Canadian Tire stuff works too.

My second guess would be a vacuum leak. That’s why I mentioned the carb, but it could just be a hose has developed a leak. If the machine has a choke on it and runs better with the choke on a bit (ie. stops surging), that is likely it. The choke will compensate for the machine running too lean due to a vacuum leak.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Welcome back JDO.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Bosch 18V recip and 18V Bosch Jiggy at an angle cutting a rafter rim joist extension to the proper dimension 12 feet off the ground.

Ego 650 cfm blower , and the little Bosch 18 volt blower , plus the PB360 and the Bosch 14 gallon dust extractor
    Cleaning up the garage ,
    Huge difference

Doobie

Ego 650 cfm blower , and the little Bosch 18 volt blower , plus the PB360 and the Bosch 14 gallon dust extractor

Cleaning up the garage ,

Huge difference

Curious, what were the distinctions in usage between the two very different blowers you mention for how they were deployed?

Cleaning up the garage ,

Huge difference

Curious, what were the distinctions in usage between the two very different blowers you mention for how they were deployed?

The Ego was used to blow off the table saw and miter saw , before collapsing them , just does a faster and bigger area of air , the Bosch was mainly smaller items like some of the shoes that were left laying around and other items.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

and the little Bosch 18 volt blower

I keep my Bosch blower handy and it gets used multiple times daily to keep the garage clean.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I keep my Bosch blower handy and it gets used multiple times daily to keep the garage clean.

It is a handy little blower ,

All weekend , I have to say it’s the bosch dust extractor /14 gallon vac , it’s just nice to use , I’m liking the new antistatic hose , plus the longer length is nice , and with the lbox storage on top with all the accessories. Makes sense.

Doobie

All weekend , I have to say it’s the bosch dust extractor /14 gallon vac , it’s just nice to use , I’m liking the new antistatic hose , plus the longer length is nice , and with the lbox storage on top with all the accessories. Makes sense.

I felt the same way when i bought that kit. Really worth getting. I always felt it was odd that the Bosch vacs don’t come with an anti-static hose to begin with.

I felt the same way when i bought that kit. Really worth getting. I always felt it was odd that the Bosch vacs don’t come with an anti-static hose to begin with.

Yeah I remember that , you are the reason I bought the kit also , huge difference ,
    I haven’t used the fleece bags yet , only the paper ones ,

Doobie

Yeah I remember that , you are the reason I bought the kit also , huge difference ,

I haven’t used the fleece bags yet , only the paper ones ,

You know not to have the unit on auto clean using any type of bag, right?

That’s one of my main peeves with the Bosch units, the AC is on by default and I use bags almost exclusively unless its silica/concrete or wet tasks.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

My tool of the day is the utility pump, push broom and mop I used to pump out flood water in my garage. Too bad it will work until there is about an inch of residue water left, and the rest had to be emptied by a wide push broom, got a good exercise out of it, and after about 98% of the water being pushed out, then it’s mop up time.

Doobie

My TOTD was my brain and feelings of high energy.

Always seems to happen to me when we are in a high pressure weather system. I’m just clickin’ on all cylinders and super sharp. I felt like I haf a nuclrar reactor in me today.

Went like a man on a mission today with nothing but a morning banana and didn’t eat til we went to a fine steakhouse for my wife’s birthday around 7:30 PM when I was munching on appetizers. Just don’t understand how I can still do days like today at my age.

But if we must get on point of what is usual for this thread, I’ll say my actual physical TOTD was my 18V Bosch jigsaw. Used it plenty today to cut out rafter birdsbeaks and whatnot related rafter for my 10’x13′ secondary shed build.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My tool of the day is the utility pump, push broom and mop I used to pump out flood water in my garage.

Man I hear you. FL is getting a lot of rain and it does not look like it will be stopping soon. Hope you are keeping the garage dry.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My tool of the day is the utility pump, push broom and mop I used to pump out flood water in my garage. Too bad it will work until there is about an inch of residue water left, and the rest had to be emptied by a wide push broom, got a good exercise out of it, and after about 98% of the water being pushed out, then it’s mop up time.

What about a squeegee , great for pushing water out , definitely works better than my bristle broom ,
    How big is the garage ,
    Definitely not fun cleaning up flood water , was there any damages to the wall or framing.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Definitely not fun cleaning up flood water , was there any damages to the wall or framing.

no damages to the walls, but it’s flooded everywhere. In the yards, many people’s swimming pool overflowed, it’s a big mess.

I got rid of the 6″ of flood water in the garage, then two hours later it’s back to 3″, I think the ground is so saturated it’s not going down and my crawlspace is not flooded that back flowed into the garage from one of the vents. Today more pumping of the garage and tomorrow I might get inside the crawlspace to pump out from there.

no damages to the walls, but it’s flooded everywhere. In the yards, many people’s swimming pool overflowed, it’s a big mess.

I got rid of the 6″ of flood water in the garage, then two hours later it’s back to 3″, I think the ground is so saturated it’s not going down and my crawlspace is not flooded that back flowed into the garage from one of the vents. Today more pumping of the garage and tomorrow I might get inside the crawlspace to pump out from there.

Well I guess that’s kinda good news ,
    Did you eventually buy one of those transfer pumps , they just bought the Milwaukee one in the shop , pretty $$$ but it’s definitely going to be helpful

My tool of the day , a few one that was definitely great was the joker wrench , with the 15 degree of movement , that and being really tight against the jip on the ceiling jip in the garage , only because of the hardware being loose on the metal frame for the garage door tracking system , those joker wrenches made a huge difference.

Doobie

My Tsask support rods made a big diff today with their optional wide span holders. Avoided me having to do a bunch of unecessary work.

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 678 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.094 seconds