dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 659 total)
  • Author

WOW that’s pretty cool , and over my budget , really nice quality also, and the sound level is incredible low ,

I’ve seen lots of people either rig a senco or even the smaller Rolair compressor into the boxes

I’d seen a few MaGyvered into systainer compressors things done in the past on some forums. I liked the idea as it makes for easy transport and storage of a compressor rather than what most small compressors require in being their own seperate realm of non-integratable structures.

They definitely have a great idea , easy to transport them.

Bingo! That’s what it was all about for me. I have a 10 year old Rolair JC10 that is super quiet also, but even it’s smallishness was a chore at times relocating it for where I wanted to use it. The Cadex being in a Systainer is a no-brainer wanting to move it to wherever I needed it. Being stackable on my Festool Sys-Cart, or any other transport method, makes it a non-difficult compressor to move around in my efforts.

I spoil myself on tools and buy things at times that are dumb selfish improvements which I only discover at a later date, although thankfully doesn’t happen often. This purchase for me wasn’t. Having that unit stacked on that Sys-Cart along with whatever else I need is primo! Super efficient and cuts down on deployment and end of day stowing away tasks.

Like I said earlier, it’s recharge rate is super fast and can duty cycle 60%. Haven’t calced how many nails I’m ploughing between recharges, but I think it’s at least a strip of 42 nails in my new Paslode compact stick framer, if not more. I should try to figure that out, but I know it’s not a concern on my end for what I do, but still the same, it would be interesting to know some better gauge than my guesstimate on this at this juncture for anybody else considering this compressor although I don’t see them as being widely avalable here in NA.

Yes it’s definitely easier to move around ,
    Don’t laugh but I used my lol husky 8 gallon compressor today , definitely not as quiet as yours , but for my purpose , I stick it in the pool shed , and close the door , then I go to the unground manifolds for draining the plumbing lines for the sprinkler system , works pretty good ,
    Aside from that compressor , I also use my King canada twin stack model , it’s extremely quiet for a cheaper one , but I am sure that the one you have are definitely better quality

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

extremely quiet for a cheaper one , but I am sure that the one you have are definitely better quality

The new models all coming out all talk about being a lot more quiet than the older ones. With so many cordless tools out there to me it is hard for compressors to compete. Cordless is almost zero noise except for the tool itself, while a compressor adds that background noise as well plus the hoses to drag all over the place.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My new MSA respirator was my TOTD while using my Fuji HLVP sprayer. I was spraying my corner round trim for the house.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

extremely quiet for a cheaper one , but I am sure that the one you have are definitely better quality

The new models all coming out all talk about being a lot more quiet than the older ones. With so many cordless tools out there to me it is hard for compressors to compete. Cordless is almost zero noise except for the tool itself, while a compressor adds that background noise as well plus the hoses to drag all over the place.

Exactly , if I had to do it over again , I’d definitely be buying cordless framing nailers also , but most likely all of the same platform.

If you think about overall cost , they probably balance out ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If you think about overall cost , they probably balance out ,

Probably do. I am sure compressors are being sold to the guys with a lot invested in air tools and replacing said tools with like cordless tools, batteries, and chargers is a lot more than a new compressor. I doubt the guys starting out are choosing air over cordless.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

My dual 18V Makita DUC400 16 inch chainsaw was my TOTD.

Lopped of a whack load of branches off a Norway Maple that some branches for my shed build under it were just simply too much of an issue on multiple fronts and simply had to go.

No gas. Big plus!

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Lopped of a whack load of branches off a Norway Maple that some branches for my shed build under it were just simply too much of an issue on multiple fronts and simply had to go.

No gas. Big plus!

One I would like get one of these saws. No gas is a big plus in my books too.

Greg

Doobie

No gas. Big plus!

One I would like get one of these saws. No gas is a big plus in my books too.

Especially for jobs like yesterday where it was a stop and go effort over the span of a couple of hours and working off of either scaffolding or ladders that we kept on have to relocate to get the job done.

I got pelted good with sawdust. Check out my socks.

Doobie

TOTD today was Bosch 18V circ saw. One cut only, but it was just the right circ saw in my arsenal of circ saws to use at the time.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have an older plug in electric chainsaw, works but would like to upgrade to cordless.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Especially for jobs like yesterday where it was a stop and go effort over the span of a couple of hours and working off of either scaffolding or ladders that we kept on have to relocate to get the job done.

Your right cordless saw was right tool for the job. A gas powered saw would have been a pita for this job.

Greg

I have an older plug in electric chainsaw, works but would like to upgrade to cordless.

I love my little 10 inch pole saw Ego brand I bought , it works great

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

My tools of the day is the shovel, a lopper, a one handed hackzall to cut roots, dug a narrow trench to run the inlet and outlet line for a pond pump.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My tools of the day is the shovel, a lopper, a one handed hackzall to cut roots, dug a narrow trench to run the inlet and outlet line for a pond pump.

Sounds like a full day of fun. At least you weren’t doing it in the summer.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Is this your house , or a client , or one of your rentals , do you use rubber linings for the pond , or do you use those solid plastic ponds.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Is this your house , or a client , or one of your rentals , do you use rubber linings for the pond , or do you use those solid plastic ponds.

Yes it’s my house. I am not sure really what the liner looks like, I have never drained the pond fully to see what’s at the bottom. However I have to drain it in a few months, as the tree trimming company dropped a few large logs while cutting trees overhead, and those log plunged into the pond, breaking some submerged PVC pipes for the pump intake line. Then the wood bridge over the pond has to be redone, it’s pretty badly rotted. Once I drain everything and catch all the fish I can examine what it looks like up close.

Yes it’s my house. I am not sure really what the liner looks like, I have never drained the pond fully to see what’s at the bottom. However I have to drain it in a few months, as the tree trimming company dropped a few large logs while cutting trees overhead, and those log plunged into the pond, breaking some submerged PVC pipes for the pump intake line. Then the wood bridge over the pond has to be redone, it’s pretty badly rotted. Once I drain everything and catch all the fish I can examine what it looks like up close.

Ah cool , I’ve always wanted to have an accent pond in my yard , I find it relaxing hearing water running , or filtering threw rocks and sorts
    My uncle had one in his backyard , living in Canada , he had to bring in the goldfish every fall , had a pretty decent size aquarium in his basement ,

Doobie

Hey, what does it represent when the gas mower seems to run going rmmmm, rmmmm, rmmmm….and not running a nice steady but not anywhere near where it sounds like it is stalling?

Did a sparky change this summer along with a new air filter and oil change. She’s maybe 10 years old. Honda engine on a MTD mower I bought at Costco.

@JimDaddyO
    perhaps…..if he’s back online yet.

Hey, what does it represent when the gas mower seems to run going rmmmm, rmmmm, rmmmm….and not running a nice steady but not anywhere near where it sounds like it is stalling?

Did a sparky change this summer along with a new air filter and oil change. She’s maybe 10 years old. Honda engine on a MTD mower I bought at Costco.

@JimDaddyO

What’s the gap for the sparkplug supposed to be , have you ever added fuel saver to the gas , if not might be old gas gumming up the gas feed line ,
    Ahhh that’s definitely one thing I don’t miss since going cordless.

Doobie

@JimDaddyO

What’s the gap for the sparkplug supposed to be , have you ever added fuel saver to the gas , if not might be old gas gumming up the gas feed line ,

Ahhh that’s definitely one thing I don’t miss since going cordless.

I did the spacing proper as far as I know for the sparky like I’ve done many times before.

Always do the fuel additive. But now that ypu mention in, I did start using gas that was from a different jerry can recently. Maybe it is the gas. I do always use the 0 methanol super high octane premium gas for small engines from Shell.

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 659 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.629 seconds