dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 663 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If I’m not mistaken, those acid brushes are originally intended for spreading soldering flux paste prior to soldering copper pipe.

True that was their original use. One thing about them the bristles tend to get brittle with age so they are really a one use kind of deal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If I’m not mistaken, those acid brushes are originally intended for spreading soldering flux paste prior to soldering copper pipe.

True that was their original use. One thing about them the bristles tend to get brittle with age so they are really a one use kind of deal.

Yeah that’s why they are cheap and sell it in bulk I guess , 🤷‍♂️

Doobie

Didn’t know that. I just toss them after each use.

Doobie

TOTD yesterday was my Ridgid 18V one gallon air compressor to run my pneumatic paint can shaker I recently bought.

Wasn’t sure if it would be sufficient to keep up with the air demand, but in keeping the air intake lever to a lowish feed level, it kept up just fine and went thru the two 3.0 Ah batteries over a 4-5 minute period.

I just didn’t want to lug one of my heavier plug in compressors down to my basement where the shaker is, or haul the somewhat heavy shaker to where an air compressor is. Did the job just enough.

I’ve been using that Ridgid quite a lot this year. Nice and light to haul around to wherever I need it.

TOTD yesterday was my Ridgid 18V one gallon air compressor to run my pneumatic paint can shaker I recently bought.

Wasn’t sure if it would be sufficient to keep up with the air demand, but in keeping the air intake lever to a lowish feed level, it kept up just fine and went thru the two 3.0 Ah batteries over a 4-5 minute period.

I just didn’t want to lug one of my heavier plug in compressors down to my basement where the shaker is, or haul the somewhat heavy shaker to where an air compressor is. Did the job just enough.

I’ve been using that Ridgid quite a lot this year. Nice and light to haul around to wherever I need it.

Is that compressor hybrid or strictly cordless.

Doobie

Is that compressor hybrid or strictly cordless.

Strictly cordless.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve seen those pneumatic paint shakers and always wondered if they worked. Guess they do.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

TOTD was definitely my new Paslode compact stick framing nailer.

Sure way more easier/nimble to use over my old Bostitch coil framer.

You have to reload it more often, but as a DIYer, that doesn’t bother me one bit. Went very well today getting the first two walls built of my shed build.

Had to get the right depth adjustment done at the early going increasing the air pressure feed a tad to 100 PSI from my initial 90 PSI setting and adjusting the depth adjuster on the nailer itself so that 3 1/4 nails and swapping to 2 inch nails back and forth as needed both ploughed surface flush, but that was easy. Lovin’ this new framing nailer already.

NOTE: Pic of Falcon nails are indeed 30° nails that all Paslode nailers take and not the mis-labelled 34° that are shown on the box labels. Just a silly mislabelling from the manufacturer that Prime Fasteners warned me about when I bought these ring shanked galv nails last week.

That definitely looks like a great nailer , I actually don’t mind reloading more often with the stick nailers.
    Sounds like it was a good purchase.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

You have to reload it more often, but as a DIYer, that doesn’t bother me one bit. Went very well today getting the first two walls built of my shed build.

Had to get the right depth adjustment done at the early going increasing the air pressure feed a tad to 100 PSI from my initial 90 PSI setting and adjusting the depth adjuster on the nailer itself so that 3 1/4 nails and swapping to 2 inch nails back and forth as needed both ploughed surface flush, but that was easy. Lovin’ this new framing nailer already.

NOTE: Pic of Falcon nails are indeed 30° nails that all Paslode nailers take and not the mis-labelled 34° that are shown on the box labels. Just a silly mislabelling from the manufacturer that Prime Fasteners warned me about when I bought these ring shanked galv nails last week.

Sounds like you got yourself a good framing nailer. If I remember correctly you purchased it for a great price. Reloading more often wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me. That is great you really like it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

My TOTD is the Bosch laser measure.

I keep it in my back pocket now. Wherever someone gets too close I take it out “stand back, more, a little more, right there, keep that six feet social distance from me please, stop moving please! Now you are 5.96, back off!”

Doobie

Sounds like you got yourself a good framing nailer. If I remember correctly you purchased it for a great price. Reloading more often wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me. That is great you really like it.

I did end up going to my Cadex in a Systainer air compressor instead of my little 1 gallon 18V Ridgid compressor for it today. The reload time on the Cadex is super fast and when I was ploughing a lot of nails the Ridgid couldn’t keep up a few times.

With that said, I guess my Cadex air compressor was my TOTD.

My TOTD is the Bosch laser measure.

I keep it in my back pocket now. Wherever someone gets too close I take it out “stand back, more, a little more, right there, keep that six feet social distance from me please, stop moving please! Now you are 5.96, back off!”

Haha yeah , I still find some people are not following the social distancing , I tend to start coughing when someone gets a little too close , most times it works, the odd time , I guess that person is just not paying attention lol.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

keep that six feet social distance from me please, stop moving please! Now you are 5.96, back off!”

Good use I guess. At least it is fast.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I did end up going to my Cadex in a Systainer air compressor instead of my little 1 gallon 18V Ridgid compressor for it today. The reload time on the Cadex is super fast and when I was ploughing a lot of nails the Ridgid couldn’t keep up a few times.

Wow interesting compressor , I don’t think I’ve ever seen one like that before , it looks pretty new , how old is it. How many gallons is it.

Doobie

Wow interesting compressor , I don’t think I’ve ever seen one like that before , it looks pretty new , how old is it. How many gallons is it.

I bought it 2 years ago from Atlas. Cadex has two models that come in either a Systainer 3 or 4, I bought the larger one.

https://festoolshop.ca/Cadex/CAD-SYS4-COMP

Rolair came out with a compressor in a Systainer as well, but the Cadex I have has better specs, was just a few dollars more at the time and is made in Italy, so I went with the Cadex 4.

https://www.rolair.com/products/air-compressors/hand-carry/airstak

@doobie WOW that’s pretty cool , and over my budget , really nice quality also, and the sound level is incredible low ,
    I’ve seen lots of people either rig a senco or even the smaller rollair compressor into the boxes

They definitely have a great idea , easy to transport them.

Doobie

WOW that’s pretty cool , and over my budget , really nice quality also, and the sound level is incredible low ,
    I’ve seen lots of people either rig a senco or even the smaller Rolair compressor into the boxes

I’d seen a few MaGyvered into systainer compressors things done in the past on some forums. I liked the idea as it makes for easy transport and storage of a compressor rather than what most small compressors require in being their own seperate realm of non-integratable structures.

They definitely have a great idea , easy to transport them.

Bingo! That’s what it was all about for me. I have a 10 year old Rolair JC10 that is super quiet also, but even it’s smallishness was a chore at times relocating it for where I wanted to use it. The Cadex being in a Systainer is a no-brainer wanting to move it to wherever I needed it. Being stackable on my Festool Sys-Cart, or any other transport method, makes it a non-difficult compressor to move around in my efforts.

I spoil myself on tools and buy things at times that are dumb selfish improvements which I only discover at a later date, although thankfully doesn’t happen often. This purchase for me wasn’t. Having that unit stacked on that Sys-Cart along with whatever else I need is primo! Super efficient and cuts down on deployment and end of day stowing away tasks.

Like I said earlier, it’s recharge rate is super fast and can duty cycle 60%. Haven’t calced how many nails I’m ploughing between recharges, but I think it’s at least a strip of 42 nails in my new Paslode compact stick framer, if not more. I should try to figure that out, but I know it’s not a concern on my end for what I do, but still the same, it would be interesting to know some better gauge than my guesstimate on this at this juncture for anybody else considering this compressor although I don’t see them as being widely avalable here in NA.

Doobie

TOTD, TOTD…..oh my….so many useful tools used today. Hmmmm!

Let’s give it to my Bosch GSA 18V 125 large ergo recip saw.

She’s been neglected for too long and helped cut out a sill plate where I have a door to be placed with an inverted blade tonite after trying with futility using my compact Bosch 12V recip to the same that was taking just way too long to execute.

The 18V beast made quick work of it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

TOTD, TOTD…..oh my….so many useful tools used today. Hmmmm!

Let’s give it to my Bosch GSA 18V 125 large ergo recip saw.

She’s been neglected for too long and helped cut out a sill plate where I have a door to be placed with an inverted blade tonite after trying with futility using my compact Bosch 12V recip to the same that was taking just way too long to execute.

The 18V beast made quick work of it.

I found my Bosch GSA18V-083B Compact recip saw to be a very handy tool to have. I have been using pretty much everyday it seems. I really like this recip saw.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 663 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.582 seconds