dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 346 total)
  • Author

TOTD was my “Freak” putting in the work!

Lots of GRK and decking screws in this little 4’x4’ launching platform.

Looks good Charlie
    I was using the HDH183 on low speed putting in grk 4 inch structural screws , was like butter

That’s good to know – I may have to try that out!

Yeah it was Sunday morning around 10 , didn’t want that hammering noise from the impacts
    Mind you I like that noise 😁😊
    That and the noise from the pnuematic framing gun 👍👊

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Haven’t pulled this 20 year old boat anchor out in years, but I needed to cut a bunch of short pieces of one inch conduit and achieve a nice straight edge. I think it’s one of only two Ryobi tools I own, the other being a 30 year old hot melt glue gun.

I am assuming it still cuts good for 20 year old boat anchor?

It does. I just rarely drag it out unless I have to. It weighs a ton and is awkward to transport. I see a bunch of uses coming up for it though, so for now it it’ll stay nearby.

It looks heavy. I never used one much. I know there is times I wouldn’t mine having one. Maybe someday I will get one.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

TOTD here was the slow-speed wet grinding wheel. It was time for a number of other tools to get touched up.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

TOTD here was the slow-speed wet grinding wheel. It was time for a number of other tools to get touched up.

I’m due also with my knock-off Tormek wet grinder also.

Doobie

Haven’t pulled this 20 year old boat anchor out in years, but I needed to cut a bunch of short pieces of one inch conduit and achieve a nice straight edge. I think it’s one of only two Ryobi tools I own, the other being a 30 year old hot melt glue gun.

It does. I just rarely drag it out unless I have to. It weighs a ton and is awkward to transport. I see a bunch of uses coming up for it though, so for now it it’ll stay nearby.

It looks heavy. I never used one much. I know there is times I wouldn’t mine having one. Maybe someday I will get one.

The base of mine is solid cast iron, which makes it heavy as heck. Not sure if newer models are the same though.

Bosch makes one and it may still be on the prize list. It probably has a cast iron base as well as its product page shows it weighs in at 42 lbs. Seems about what mine probably weighs.

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cutoff-machines-3814-27841-p/

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I’m due also with my knock-off Tormek wet grinder also.

Yeah, knock-off or not – these setups save a good amount of time.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The base of mine is solid cast iron, which makes it heavy as heck. Not sure if newer models are the same though.

Bosch makes one and it may still be on the prize list. It probably has a cast iron base as well as its product page shows it weighs in at 42 lbs. Seems about what mine probably weighs.

Yes I have saw it on the prize list. I have thought about getting it. Maybe one day I will get it.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My GLL-3 was my TOTD. It made it so I could do all my layout and start cutting all the tile I needed all in one go instead of piecing it out bit by bit.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Yes I have saw it on the prize list. I have thought about getting it. Maybe one day I will get it.

I actually just went and weighed my made in China old Ryobi C357 model 14 inch abrasive chop saw. It came in at 52 lbs. Ten pounds heavier than the Bosch. Yep, it’s officially a boat anchor! Lol.

My GLL-3 was my TOTD. It made it so I could do all my layout and start cutting all the tile I needed all in one go instead of piecing it out bit by bit.

They look like easily 18 or 24 inch long tile , will you be using any sort of leveling system , looks like your off to a good start.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Using a laser sure helps while doing tile.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

They look like easily 18 or 24 inch long tile , will you be using any sort of leveling system , looks like your off to a good start.

I don’t know about anything for that other than a level 😂

Charlie

Instagram

They have a whole bunch of these different types of systems , I’m surprised you haven’t seen them , they are all over IG
    I’ve never used them personally , but I will give them a try eventually

This is just one of them I’m following , supposed to be great , lots of guys on IG using them
    I think Ron @RonW used them before.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

They have a whole bunch of these different types of systems , I’m surprised you haven’t seen them , they are all over IG
    I’ve never used them personally , but I will give them a try eventually

This is just one of them I’m following , supposed to be great , lots of guys on IG using them
    I think Ron @ronw used them before.

They look like an interesting product, I may have to check them out – thanks Brian.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Using a laser sure helps while doing tile.

It sure would help in getting nice straight lines

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I actually just went and weighed my made in China old Ryobi C357 model 14 inch abrasive chop saw. It came in at 52 lbs. Ten pounds heavier than the Bosch. Yep, it’s officially a boat anchor! Lol.

Wow! That’s pretty heavy.

Greg

Doobie

I don’t know about anything for that other than a level.

Raimondi makes a tile setting/levelling system. It’s pricey, but has been around for years.

https://www.raimondispa.com/en/r-l-s-levelling-system/

There are other tile levelling systems out there, some not as good as others. The one they sell at my HD near me apparently is not one of the better ones, can’t recall the brand name for sure. Might be made by QEP, which makes some OK tile related stuff, but not everyting great.

Doobie

This light weight little Ridgid compressor was just the perfect tool today versus any of my other compressors. Neeeded it for my crown staples gun to assemble on the fly caging for my rapidly growing tomatos.

This light weight little Ridgid compressor was just the perfect tool today versus any of my other compressors. Neeeded it for my crown staples gun to assemble on the fly caging for my rapidly growing tomatos.

Practical for that use for sure
    What size staple did you use

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I love getting to use my small Senco compressor for things like that – it’s so much quieter and lighter than the one I have for framing!

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.661 seconds