dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My TOTD is my metal detectable marker. I have write out alot product tags for the bulk tote. We just started using metal detectable pens & markers.

So is it the ink that has metal in it? Don’t quite get what that is and what it’s used for.

I know cheques have metal imbued ink at the bottom where our banking info is written. It gets processed by the processing machines that way.

I am not sure if the ink has metal in it. I think the inside the markers and pen is made of metal or has metal pieces.

At my work we have rare earth magnets, metal detection and x rays in place to catch metal if it has got in the product. This way if pen or marker fell the product it would be found sooner then later.

One of our sister companies had a non metal detectable pen get into there product. By the time it was found several thousands of dollars of product when threw their system. All this product had to be threw out.

Greg

My TOTD is my metal detectable marker. I have write out alot product tags for the bulk tote. We just started using metal detectable pens & markers.

So is it the ink that has metal in it? Don’t quite get what that is and what it’s used for.

I know cheques have metal imbued ink at the bottom where our banking info is written. It gets processed by the processing machines that way.

I am not sure if the ink has metal in it. I think the inside the markers and pen is made of metal or has metal pieces.

At my work we have rare earth magnets, metal detection and x rays in place to catch metal if it has got in the product. This way if pen or marker fell the product it would be found sooner then later.

One of our sister companies had a non metal detectable pen get into there product. By the time it was found several thousands of dollars of product when threw their system. All this product had to be threw out.

Ah that makes sense , simple and effective. Thanks for the info

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD was my tripod! I used it as a second set of hands to set up the bottom run of window trim today. The best part was that it was $5 at Goodwill 😂

Charlie

Instagram

My TOTD was my tripod! I used it as a second set of hands to set up the bottom run of window trim today. The best part was that it was $5 at Goodwill 😂

Haha that’s a great idea in a pinch Charlie
    That’s thinking outside the box. Great trick
    And yeah that’s a steal at the price.

Doobie

My TOTD was my tripod! I used it as a second set of hands to set up the bottom run of window trim today. The best part was that it was $5 at Goodwill

Never used a tripod for something like that. Creative thinking there Charlie. 👍

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks guys 🙂 I often find I’ve left the “right” tool somewhere I can’t get it, so… you know, necessity is the mother of invention, right?

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I often find I’ve left the “right” tool somewhere I can’t get it, so… you know, necessity is the mother of invention, right?

Wile E Coyote moments is what I call those. Wile E is a Super Genius ya know….lol!

Attachments:
    Doobie

Hands down, TOTD was my Makita motorized carrier lugging from my driveway close to 70 bags of concrete to a location in the back of my yard.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Makita motorized carrie

Looks like the Makita motorized carrier is coming pretty handy.

Greg

Hands down, TOTD was my Makita motorized carrier lugging from my driveway close to 70 bags of concrete to a location in the back of my yard.

Yeah I bet it was , I’d definitely be doing that same thing if I had it too.

Doobie

Makita motorized carrier

Looks like the Makita motorized carrier is coming pretty handy.

It sure is. I already feel like it is paying for itself in less grueling effort otherwise and speeding up work.

Yeah I bet it was , I’d definitely be doing that same thing if I had it too.

I just noticed that Princess Auto has knock-off style motorized carriers they are selling now. They didn’t have these til now, and none of them are such that you can swap out from a bucket to a carrier. I’m liking my Makita even more now considering I paid even less that the $899 wheelbarrow only model they are selling. I really lucked out on snagging that deal thru Makita directly.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man that was a work saver for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Haven’t pulled this 20 year old boat anchor out in years, but I needed to cut a bunch of short pieces of one inch conduit and achieve a nice straight edge. I think it’s one of only two Ryobi tools I own, the other being a 30 year old hot melt glue gun.

Haven’t pulled this 20 year old boat anchor out in years, but I needed to cut a bunch of short pieces of one inch conduit and achieve a nice straight edge. I think it’s one of only two Ryobi tools I own, the other being a 30 year old hot melt glue gun.

Looks like it’s in good condition

I had know idea they made a corded glue gun I assume that’s what you mean.

Doobie

Looks like it’s in good condition

I had know idea they made a corded glue gun I assume that’s what you mean.

Actually, I stand corrected. Had in my head it was a Ryobi, but it’s not. Same colours as the old Ryobi, but some unknown brand.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I am assuming it still cuts good for 20 year old boat anchor?

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD was my “Freak” putting in the work!

Lots of GRK and decking screws in this little 4’x4’ launching platform.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I am assuming it still cuts good for 20 year old boat anchor?

It does. I just rarely drag it out unless I have to. It weighs a ton and is awkward to transport. I see a bunch of uses coming up for it though, so for now it it’ll stay nearby.

Looks good Charlie
    I was using the HDH183 on low speed putting in grk 4 inch structural screws , was like butter

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Looks good Charlie
    I was using the HDH183 on low speed putting in grk 4 inch structural screws , was like butter

That’s good to know – I may have to try that out!

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 348 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.472 seconds