dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 11 posts - 341 through 351 (of 351 total)
  • Author

I’ve been starting to use the hydralic wood splitter more now that heating season is here. Today I was thinking about how much easier it is than swinging a 6 lb maul to split the wood.s 25 tons of force is a handy thing to have.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’ve been starting to use the hydralic wood splitter more now that heating season is here. Today I was thinking about how much easier it is than swinging a 6 lb maul to split the wood.s 25 tons of force is a handy thing to have.

A wood splitter does make splitting wood alot easier. It is also alot easier on the body.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD was my new worm drive saw. This week I cut five stringers for a set of stairs and I was loving getting to do it with this saw verses my cordless circular saw. It’s a ton heavier, but it’s so smooth and powerful! And it cut perfectly straight without a bit of deviation. I’ll be bringing it on more job sites for sure!

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My 4 lb maul saved the day today – I tried cutting apart this cast iron tub with a variety of different tools and blades, but just smashing it ended up being so much faster!

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

My TOTD was my new worm drive saw. This week I cut five stringers for a set of stairs and I was loving getting to do it with this saw verses my cordless circular saw. It’s a ton heavier, but it’s so smooth and powerful! And it cut perfectly straight without a bit of deviation. I’ll be bringing it on more job sites for sure!

Really glad you are enjoying it. As I said earlier, it will be a gamechanger.

My 4 lb maul saved the day today – I tried cutting apart this cast iron tub with a variety of different tools and blades, but just smashing it ended up being so much faster!

Been there done that and you’re right; breaking it up works out to being the simplest way of getting rid of it.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Yikes those tubs I don’t miss
    I use to had getting hit with the flying pieces of tub lol

The post just before with the wormdrive , beautiful view
    Definitely makes a difference in power
    The Essential Craftsman he’s got some great tips for using the wormdrive.
    He’s even on IG
    I know even smallerstick mentioned him

Clev08
    Pro

My tool of the day was my new gen3 impact driver, I got to use the self tapping screw mode that my last one didn’t have.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My tool of the day was my new gen3 impact driver, I got to use the self tapping screw mode that my last one didn’t have.

Is that the mode where it automatically stops before stripping out the screw? I’ve seen that in action on tool videos and was interested to see if it works in the field.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Nice , I can’t believe how compact that head is , that small and loaded with features and power 👍

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

First time I’m hearing about that self tapping screw feature.
    I’ll have to look into it to see what’s all about.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I didn’t know that some impacts were made having a self tapping screw mode. Sounds like a great feature. I will have to check this out.
    How did you like this feature?

Greg

Viewing 11 posts - 341 through 351 (of 351 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.578 seconds