dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 346 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I am loving this little pneumatic stapler! It was so easy to put down this moisture barrier before starting on the hardwood.

Charlie

Instagram

I am loving this little pneumatic stapler! It was so easy to put down this moisture barrier before starting on the hardwood.

They definitely are a time saver , I eventually will buy the cordless model , just not sure what platform yet.

Doobie

What brand is that Charlie? I have a little electric Arrow stapler from many years ago, and it’s a POS. Or is that one you have for crown staples?

@cmeyer25

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

What brand is that Charlie? I have a little electric Arrow stapler from many years ago, and it’s a POS. Or is that one you have for crown staples?

@cmeyer25

It’s Arrow brand. It was about $35 at Lowes and so far it’s been great. I love the bump fire set up.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

@cmeyer25

It’s Arrow brand. It was about $35 at Lowes and so far it’s been great. I love the bump fire set up.

Oh, but I guess being pneumatic it has way more power than my very old electric Arrow stapler. I’d just be using my wacker tacker if needed then.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@cmeyer25

Oh, but I guess being pneumatic it has way more power than my very old electric Arrow stapler. I’d just be using my wacker tacker if needed then.

Seems to have plenty – I had to dial back the psi so I wasn’t blasting through the paper facing on the insulation I installed a couple weeks back and that was with 3/8” deep staples into 2×4. It also had no problem at all getting all the staples flush to the surface in OSB flooring.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

@cmeyer25

Seems to have plenty – I had to dial back the psi so I wasn’t blasting through the paper facing on the insulation I installed a couple weeks back and that was with 3/8” deep staples into 2×4. It also had no problem at all getting all the staples flush to the surface in OSB flooring.

Definitely sounds a lot better than it’s electric cousin. I should just Goodwill my old one.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I’ve got that same little stapler. Does a good job. Mine likes a little extra air tool oil than most of my pneumatic guns. If yours starts dry firing add a little extra oil.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

The TOTD was my 36″ wrecking bar JET.
    I removed the basement windows very easily.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’ve got that same little stapler. Does a good job. Mine likes a little extra air tool oil than most of my pneumatic guns. If yours starts dry firing add a little extra oil.

Thanks for the tip – I’ve been using a lot of oil recently as I’ve had a few jams on other tools so now I’m much more religious about it than I used to be!

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I would not have just ordered one for $44 CAD from Amazon just now without you guys sharing such based on my experience with my crappy electric one. Thanks guys!

I know I’ve wanted to use my elctric one on occasion, but unless it was stapling toilet tissue to styrofoam, I knew it was most likely just an exercise in frustration.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a nice stapler, but for real convenience check out Milwaukee’s 12V cordless stapler, no hose to drag around.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Looks like a nice stapler, but for real convenience check out Milwaukee’s 12V cordless stapler, no hose to drag around.

That’s what I’m looking for , I just don’t think it’s as fast as the pneumatic ones , but for my needs the cordless Milwaukee is looking good.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Does it bump fire?

Charlie

Instagram

While working on picture frame miters I found my saddle squares to be the tools of the day.

Will

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

While working on picture frame miters I found my saddle squares to be the tools of the day.

First time I’m seeing them.
    Useful as a jig or or just a gimmick?

First time I’m seeing them.
    Useful as a jig or or just a gimmick?

As I’m definitely not a woodworker , I’ve never seen or used them either
    Stupid question how are they used

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

My TOTD was a Bostitch stapler that helped me with some aluminum siding.

Doobie

By far, TOTD was my Bosch 1773AK 5 inch concrete surface grinder levelling a concrete pier for a lamp post that certainly needs to level.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I would have to say my TOTD is my FL12 Led Light when I have been working on Heat Recovery Ventilator. It is the right size for working tight area. I have used my 18V Led light too.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 2.437 seconds