dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 347 total)
  • Author

Going to be my husky 8 gallon compressor

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

My cordless Dewalt oscillating tool. It cut a lot of old caulking today paired with a blade for wood.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today it was my Hitachi palm nailer. Lot of tico nails in tight spots.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD for me wasn’t even my own tool – but I rented a flooring nailer for putting in some hardwood and that thing was indispensable:)

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TOTD for me wasn’t even my own tool – but I rented a flooring nailer for putting in some hardwood and that thing was indispensable:)

Floor looks to be coming along very nicely. Like the look.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Had a small pile going today,,

Dirty

Doobie

What did you use the shearer for?

Just curious.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Just curious.

Cutting flat metal stock and studs.

Dirty

The Makita planer. I pushed a lot of wood through it today. Made a lot of shavings and noise.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The Makita planer. I pushed a lot of wood through it today. Made a lot of shavings and noise.

Sounds like a good day to me. There always seems to be lots of shavings when using a planer.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD the other day was my 12V planer! This little guy is so awesome! I was working in a small space (about 12-15” of clearance) and needed to flush up a bunch of studs that had been hacked apart in the bathroom demo, and this little thing smoothed them out so easily!

(You can see where I planed on the stud on the left in the second pic)

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Just curious.

Cutting flat metal stock and studs.

So it can cut steel wall studs also? Didn’t realize they couod be used for that. Is it tricky using it for that?

TOTD the other day was my 12V planer! This little guy is so awesome! I was working in a small space (about 12-15” of clearance) and needed to flush up a bunch of studs that had been hacked apart in the bathroom demo, and this little thing smoothed them out so easily!

I’m looking at Picking up the little plane , I was thinking about getting the lithium 18 volt one , but I still have and use my Bosch 28 volt Ni-cad model ,

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’m looking at Picking up the little plane , I was thinking about getting the lithium 18 volt one , but I still have and use my Bosch 28 volt Ni-cad model ,

I don’t know how the 18V planer handles, but I love how compact the 12V is.

Does anyone on here have any experience with the 18V planer and want to chime in?

Charlie

Instagram

I don’t know how the 18V planer handles, but I love how compact the 12V is.

Does anyone on here have any experience with the 18V planer and want to chime in?

I love my older Bosch 18volt Ni-cad
    Pretty decent runtime and very smooth especially since it only has a single blade , the only thing I would like to have is the little foot stand on the back underneath the plate
    Have to check to make sure it’s not resting on the blade
    Pretty powerful also , I love that you can switch side of the dust port , surprisingly good dust collection with the dust bag
    I haven’t hooked up to the dust extractor yet , but I can imagine it would be great
    It’s not heavy or cumbersome to use either.
    This is the only Ni-cad tool I kept from my stack.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

These bad boys, hands down.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Why both of them? Are you running two people on them or is there something different about them I’m not catching?

Charlie

Instagram

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Why both of them? Are you running two people on them or is there something different about them I’m not catching?

No they are both the same, only difference is the blades but the DeWalt blade is just thee original on the newer one.

We gad 2 different cut piles so had 2 saws out.

Doobie

TOTD goes to a Jessen featherboard. I had to rip two quarter inch PVC boards and noticed in stacking them one on top of each other, one of them had a crook along it’s length. While I have the Jessem table saw guides on my Unisaw that are designed to pull the stock towards the fence as their rubberized wheel rollers are inclined at a 5° skew, these boards needed to be ripped perfectly. With the Jessem featherboard added to the mix, it ensured that wouldn’t be an issue.

Doobie

TOTD was indeed my Bullet shear cutting to length with little fuss and great accuracy architectural shingle end pieces on my lean-to shed build.

An honourable 2nd place goes to my PICA white all surface marker marking out the shingles.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.946 seconds