dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 547 total)
  • Author

My tool of the day was my Hitachi framing gun and 16ga. trim gun knocking these horses together this evening.

What horses 🙃 oh yeah under that 🍻
    Looks like nice little horses.

Doobie

My TOTD were my new Bessey 3’ clamps – I don’t know how I would have gotten these full sheets of drywall up at this angle and in this space without them!

Very clever Charlie. That’s a dog of a task workin it solo.

It wasn’t my favorite, but taping today went a lot better. It’s nice getting to do work that isn’t loud – I could listen to stuff without ear buds, just playing through my phone speaker.

Get yourself a little BT speaker for that Charlie. I use a little Makita BT unit at times for that. The BT range isn’t the greatest though.

It’s not often that I’m working without hearing protection, but I was today so I brought one of our BT speakers from home. It’s just a Costco speaker, but it was perfect for the small space I was in finishing up the taping.

There ya go. Myself, I rarely will play tunes straight off my phone’s speaker. The sound quality sucks.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My TOTD were my new Bessey 3’ clamps – I don’t know how I would have gotten these full sheets of drywall up at this angle and in this space without them!

Very clever Charlie. That’s a dog of a task workin it solo.

It wasn’t my favorite, but taping today went a lot better. It’s nice getting to do work that isn’t loud – I could listen to stuff without ear buds, just playing through my phone speaker.

Get yourself a little BT speaker for that Charlie. I use a little Makita BT unit at times for that. The BT range isn’t the greatest though.

It’s not often that I’m working without hearing protection, but I was today so I brought one of our BT speakers from home. It’s just a Costco speaker, but it was perfect for the small space I was in finishing up the taping.

I have alittle BT speaker I use sometimes when I working in the house. Other times I while I am working outside or in the workshop I use a BT adapter in PB 120.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I’d like to say my 18V Bosch right angle drill was my TOTD getting into a tight spot to drill a hole for a buried conduit redirection into a pier I’m placing for a new lamp post from where it ran to an old one adjacent, but my TOTD has to go to my 20 year old Craftsman Shopvac that I used to clear out crumbled dirt in the pier hole I dug last fall rather than using my clam shell digger with my crappy shoulder instead.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Tool of my day was the power buffer for my van buffing,, one question??? How do those of you that use a buffer clean the buffing pad?? And do you clean it after each use??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD for the week really has been this adapter/ charger! It’ll charge my phone and a BT speaker so I can use them all day long for listening to podcasts/ audio books and it can charge both at the same time. I love that. But it also works to power my heated coat too, and since I don’t have the 12V adapter, I’m getting ready to start using it that way again soon too 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My TOTD for the week really has been this adapter/ charger!

That looks like a nice on. I keep forgetting Bosch makes one of those.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My TOTD for the week really has been this adapter/ charger! It’ll charge my phone and a BT speaker so I can use them all day long for listening to podcasts/ audio books and it can charge both at the same time. I love that. But it also works to power my heated coat too, and since I don’t have the 12V adapter, I’m getting ready to start using it that way again soon too 🙂

I really like my 18V power adapter too. I used it alot when camping. It is nice that you can charge 2 devices at once.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

The only thing I don’t like about it is that you have to turn it on. I would much rather the ports were just always on whenever the adapter was attached to a battery, but it’s a small issue.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Tool of my day was the power buffer for my van buffing,, one question??? How do those of you that use a buffer clean the buffing pad?? And do you clean it after each use??

Sorry, can’t help you with that as I don’t own a power buffer but could have used one at times.

What model do you have or would recommend for a power buffer Dirty?

My TOTD for the week really has been this adapter/ charger!

That looks like a nice on. I keep forgetting Bosch makes one of those.

We use mine pretty much every other day , it’s sitting in the kitchen with a fully charged battery always ready to go LoL
    Great little accessory

Can’t say , I’ve never buffed any of my cars/trucks
    I always did it the old fashioned way
    Mr Miyagi
    Wax on Wax off Daniel son LoL

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Mr Miyagi

Lol. Same here. I wax my vehicle’s enough to have a buffer.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Mr Miyagi

Don’t you buff after the car is really clean though? Wouldn’t the buffer not get dirty then?

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dirty was the pad foam or wool? If the pad was wool you can use a dull screwdriver to clean it when it is spinning just hold the screwdriver on the pad and the old polish will come out. Then you can wash it by hand using a dish soap rinse well

Foam just wash it with dish soap and rinse and squeeze dry. Place the pads in the sun to dry. Yes you should always wash your pads.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mr Miyagi

Don’t you buff after the car is really clean though? Wouldn’t the buffer not get dirty then?

See I told you I didn’t do it or know about it 🤷 LoL
    I probably should clean my car more often ,

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

TOTD was my Tapco brake.
    I bent a lot of aluminum today.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD for me was my 12V planer. It attaches perfectly to the cordless canister vac and as I was working in a small, unevenly built nook today, trying to get the area square and framed up, it was perfect for making some of the uneven surfaces match up.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My tool of the day was my Makita XDT12 impact driver.. Also the tico gun.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My tool of the day was my Makita XDT12 impact driver.

Dirty is that impact fairly quiet?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 547 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.649 seconds