dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V4

This topic contains 260 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 4 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 261 total)
  • Author

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Here’s the new thread, post your pictures of any tool that’s making your life easier right now and tell us what it is about that tool that makes it work so well for what you’re doing.

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Well, my TOTD today was my new laser level poll. It was just what I needed to hold up the top section of the doorway I was building today. Not necessarily what it was made for, but it was sure handy to have!

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie
    Pro

Well, my TOTD today was my new laser level poll. It was just what I needed to hold up the top section of the doorway I was building today. Not necessarily what it was made for, but it was sure handy to have!

I have been using two like that for many years for such purposes. I even have two short models as well. They’re indispensible at times working solo. Mine are the Tsak branded ones.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Hey what ever works , I know what it’s like to be working alone
    Sometimes it’s great to have that extra hand so to speak LoL

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The TOTD for me yesterday was my FastCap Lefty/Righty measure tape. I like the feature where you can write now measurements on the tape.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

The TOTD for me yesterday was my FastCap Lefty/Righty measure tape. I like the feature where you can write now measurements on the tape.

Is it dry erase or like a post-it note or…?

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Yeah that’s pretty cool
    I wonder if it’s like that little round thing like on the Bosch table saw ?

I’m still old ish LoL school I use a little pad I keep in my pocket

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Its more of a dry erase feature.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I absolutely despise tapes with Easy-read fractions. This would drive me nuts looking at all day.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It is dry erase.

cmeyer25 wrote:
    GTokley wrote:

Yeah that’s pretty cool
    I wonder if it’s like that little round thing like on the Bosch table saw ?

I am not sure I never saw the round thing on the Bosch table saw.

I’m still old ish LoL school I use a little pad I keep in my pocket

I am kind this way too or I write it on piece of wood.

GTokley wrote:

I absolutely despise tapes with Easy-read fractions. This would drive me nuts looking at all day.

Really! For me this won’t be a problem as I don’t use a tape all day and I won’t be using this tape all the time. I could see where reading easy read fractions could be a problem.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

The only one I have like that is a center finding tape, and even then, I’m not crazy about using it. It seldom gets used.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The only one I have like that is a center finding tape, and even then, I’m not crazy about using it. It seldom gets used.

So far I don’t mind using this Lefty/Righty measuring tape. I guess time will tell.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

So far I don’t mind using this Lefty/Righty measuring tape. I guess time will tell.

They’re a novel idea, like many things Fastcap, but just not as practical as they seem at first glance in actual practice.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

They’re a novel idea, like many things Fastcap, but just not as practical as they seem at first glance in actual practice.

This might be for some of Fast Cap items. I really like the Glue Bot glue bottle. With Lefty/Righty tape measure I don’t have too worry about reading a tape measure upside down when taking a measurement. For people using a tape measure everyday this might not be a problem.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

This might be for some of Fast Cap items. I really like the Glue Bot glue bottle. With Lefty/Righty tape measure I don’t have too worry about reading a tape measure upside down when taking a measurement. For people using a tape measure everyday this might not be a problem.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a lot of Fastcap stuff and own such myself. But recently when I was placing an online order and seeing if there was anything else on their website I might want to add to it, I looked at everything they offered on their website. There was more than a few things I thought were pretty lame or rather useless.

Their miter saw setups are likely very nice and seem well thought out, I just don’t want to spend the kind of money they want for one.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Don’t get me wrong, I like a lot of Fastcap stuff and own such myself. But recently when I was placing an online order and seeing if there was anything else on their website I might want to add to it, I looked at everything they offered on their website. There was more than a few things I thought were pretty lame or rather useless.

Their miter saw setups are likely very nice and seem well thought out, I just don’t want to spend the kind of money they want for one.

Yes I know what you mean I have taken a look at there website and saw things that look rather useless.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My TOTD is my metal detectable marker. I have write out alot product tags for the bulk tote. We just started using metal detectable pens & markers.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD today was my OMT – I cut a ton of caulking around window and trim moulding so I could remove all that trim and cutting through caulk has never been easier than with this tool!

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie
    Pro

My TOTD is my metal detectable marker. I have write out alot product tags for the bulk tote. We just started using metal detectable pens & markers.

So is it the ink that has metal in it? Don’t quite get what that is and what it’s used for.

I know cheques have metal imbued ink at the bottom where our banking info is written. It gets processed by the processing machines that way.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

So is it the ink that has metal in it? Don’t quite get what that is and what it’s used for.

I know cheques have metal imbued ink at the bottom where our banking info is written. It gets processed by the processing machines that way.

I’m curious as well
    Especially if used in the food /sugar industry.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 261 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.614 seconds