dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day) V3

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My TOTD was my new tool belt! I have hated the one I got years ago and so I never wore it. It was cheap and stiff and didn’t have more than about four pockets, but this old one I found used for $4 feels great! And it has lots of space for different tools with pockets and smaller inner pouches for individual tools – it worked great today for working on a ladder!

That is good to hear that purchase was a good one.

I have a tool belt I never use any more. For what i do I think I will look at getting tool vest/apron.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have been waiting a long time to say this one.

The tool of the day was the Roubo workbench. It’s not done yet, but it was nice using it to make parts for it. Got the shelf in today.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The tool of the day was the Roubo workbench. It’s not done yet, but it was nice using it to make parts for it. Got the shelf in today.

Bet that feels good to actually use it. Looks really good, Jim. How is it for planing?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Bet that feels good to actually use it. Looks really good, Jim. How is it for planing?

NICE!! One mistake I made was putting BLO on the bottom of the legs. I should have left them raw. I sanded it off a bit to get back some of the traction.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

NICE!! One mistake I made was putting BLO on the bottom of the legs. I should have left them raw. I sanded it off a bit to get back some of the traction.

Looking nice!
    What’s BLO?
    I googled it and first page is cannabis related but I doubt it has anything to do with it.

That’s one sexy table Jim , beautiful job on the work bench
    Ahhhh can I have it lol

Just kidding
    Listen do you want me to send you some kinda anti slip rubber for the bottom of the feet on the bench. That would definitely help in the moving of the bench when you apply force on the work piece.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

What’s BLO?

Boiled Linseed Oil

Ahhhh can I have it lol

Do you have about $4000? Plus shipping of course. I’m not lifting it…lol.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Listen do you want me to send you some kinda anti slip rubber for the bottom of the feet on the bench.

I have been considering something like that. I could send you a PM with my address if you want.

Doobie

My TOTD was not really a tool, but a repair supply.

My High Friction Silicone self adhesing impermeable tape comes out once again to repair an extension cord that I run in my backyard over the summer to feed power to my seasonal canopy that I power.

Seems its not such a good idea to have part of that run to my seasonal canopy set up running over jaged tree edges. I corrected that for this year with tie downs instead of runing that span on top of some of limbs of a maple running to its final destination.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD was my ps42. We took apart a bunch of furniture moving all our bedrooms around this evening and it’s such a great little impact. The idh182 is pretty great too though 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My High Friction Silicone self adhesing impermeable tape comes out once again to repair an extension cord that I run in my backyard over the summer to feed power to my seasonal canopy that I power.

Looks like it did a good job repairing that cord.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Looks like it did a good job repairing that cord.

It really did. I’ve used this kind of tape many times over the years. It’s amazing stuff imo. So useful in so many applications.

Listen do you want me to send you some kinda anti slip rubber for the bottom of the feet on the bench.

I have been considering something like that. I could send you a PM with my address if you want.

Sure thing Jim 👍

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My ps42 did a ton of work today sinking 2.5” screws for the beds I put together.

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

My ps42 did a ton of work today sinking 2.5” screws for the beds I put together.

cant beat 12V tools – small and powerful. i prefer them in the shop too

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

cant beat 12V tools – small and powerful. i prefer them in the shop too

Same here. I reach for mine whenever I can over my 18V tools. Glad I have my little army of 12V Bosch drills and drivers.

Everytime I see that little impact , I think I should have picked it up
    Definitely looks like a great little powerful impact

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I really love it. And having used the ps41 a lot too I feel very confident saying that it’s a big step up from that previous model. In ergonomics especially but weight and power too. I haven’t been able to do proper comparisons to really see what the exact differences are, but I love using the 42 so much more than the 41.

Charlie

Instagram

I really love it. And having used the ps41 a lot too I feel very confident saying that it’s a big step up from that previous model. In ergonomics especially but weight and power too. I haven’t been able to do proper comparisons to really see what the exact differences are, but I love using the 42 so much more than the 41.

Thanks for the info Charlie , I think I’ll check it out sooner than later
    PS I think this thread will start breaking soon 😁

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I really like my PS41. I use it all the time. I am very happy with it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (tool of the day) V3’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.107 seconds