dcsimg

TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

My TOTD over the past couple days camping has been my 18V battery adapter. It’s perfect to take camping for our phones (no service, but for taking pictures and videos of all the fun things the kids were doing and listening to downloaded material for bedtime it still put some drain on them!)

That sounds like a great tool to have. I would might getting it also. I also use my phone for pictures and listening to podcast and of course the time. I don’t wear a watch much anymore as I can’t wear them at work.

It’s been really nice to have. I originally bought a knock off and it works ok, but the Bosch version not only has two USB ports, it also has a button to turn on power to them so you can leave it attached to a battery without draining any of the juice, and it also has the little round port that connects with the heated jacket too. So that’s what I use for my jacket with a slim pack. It’s a bit bulkier than the 12V adapter (which I’ll probably get in the future sometime) but for now, it’s been really nice to have for that too.

Great points Charlie, and the other feature I like is, after the phone or device has charged completely, it turns off, so you don’t continue to charge and drain the battery.
    Very satisfied with this adapter. I was also thinking of getting another one.

I have one as well but I didn’t know about the auto turn off feature. That makes it worth the price of admission right there.

I didn’t realize how useful they may in fact be. I hadn’t really investigated it, but now I might get one. Thanks for posting Charlie.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@doobie that’s exactly what I wanted from this thread – being able to highlight certain aspects of a tool that others might not otherwise know/ think about. It’s always great to ha e something that’s working well for you and be able to share that so that other people can benefit too.

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Shout out to my lawn tools today – Fiskars rotary lawn mower (6+ years old and never been sharpened!) my Ryobi string trimmer (4+ years old and no problems) and my newest tool – Bosch blower!

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My TOTD was my Kreg Jr jig. I need a few pocket hole around for frame work around the bottom of the Lego table. I don’t use very much but is handy to have around.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My TOTD is cordless drill/driver. replacing some boards on a deck.

What make of drill driver are you using?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Shout out to my lawn tools today – Fiskars rotary lawn mower (6+ years old and never been sharpened!) my Ryobi string trimmer (4+ years old and no problems) and my newest tool – Bosch blower!

Nice, how long have you had that Ryobi trimmer, I have had mine for going on 8 years now, still the original lithium battery packs, great little trimmer.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Nice, how long have you had that Ryobi trimmer, I have had mine for going on 8 years now, still the original lithium battery packs, great little trimmer.

I think I bought it when we moved into our house Brian, so four years. And no troubles really, same battery pack and just gone through one little spook of line too!

Today’s TOTD were these little clamps I got from Bessey not too long ago – they made positioning my square a snap, so that setting up my track was a breeze too!

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

TOTD was the Makita 6½” and 7¼” saws both battery. Excellent tools!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I guess after getting a fail using the new Skil table saw and having it clog using a couple of good circular saws was a welcome change.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

be able to share that so that other people can benefit too.

It is nice be able share what tool work the best and also ideas.

Greg

Pictures please DirtyWhiteBoy,
    I assume they are the Makita?
    Gawd they make some great battery tools, aside from the corded models.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD for me was my cordless saw. But boy did I notice the difference today going back to the factory saw (even though this is my work saw, so the blade is newer) verses the new 40T Freud blade I’ve been using at home. I’ll probably bring that in for tomorrow for all the finish cuts.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes, yes the pics,,,,

Dirty

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’m loving my cordless saw again today. Cutting all these angles would have been impossible without it and my track.

Charlie

Instagram

Yes, yes the pics,,,,

What, both of them have rafter hooks
    Silly question, does any of them have a led light?
    Nice T T

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Cutting all these angles would have been impossible without it and my track.

I am sure a track this so much better. I have never used a track for my circular saw.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Loved having my colt with me today – and the extra large base really made balancing on these edges a breeze.

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

The lowly feather board is my TOTD today. I haven’t used it much before, but now that I’ve started to, I really like it, and I’m excited to get to upgrade it hopefully soon. But for now, this little orange plastic guy really helped me out his morning.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes, yes the pics,,,,

What, both of them have rafter hooks
    Silly question, does any of them have a led light?
    Nice T T

Yes they both need rafter hooks to hang them on the side of the saw horse when not in use. The 6½” has a light on it and it is very helpful in the darker areas.

Dirty

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I was surprised, in a good way, by how much my GRR-Ripper and GRR-Rip block helped me routing 1/4” roundovers on all the frame pieces I cut today. Definitely deserving of TOTD status.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.195 seconds