dcsimg

TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author

Definitely has to be the PB360C today, just pumping out the tunes for 5 consecutive hours at the maximum volume, oh and the 6.3 core battery pack, I’ll be curious to see how much juice it sucked out of the battery,
    Especially being in sun and shade, a mix of both

Doobie

I just love this carry up the ladder with one hand 18volt sliding compound miter saw.

What brand is that? Do you know what it weighs?

It’s the 7¼” Ridgid sliding compound miter saw. It was cutting that 1×6 on a 45º across the board no problem.

Tried lookin for it ….couldn’t find it anywhere here in Canada other than this old listing on A.ca.

https://www.amazon.ca/R48607K-18-Volt-Cordless-Brushless-Sliding/dp/B01N9IK90K

Do you know what it weighs?

It weighs about the same as a skil saw.

Really! It says just 24 lbs.

That Sliding compound miter saw is so nice it’s been pull from the market so TTI can sell it’s more expensive red&black 7¼” SCMS. Maybe they will bring it back some day.

I don’t understand Ridgid sometimes. They put out a produxt and less than a year later it’s being delisted. Just weird.

Oh wow that doesn’t make much sense. You would wonder what would make they do that.

Look at what I just tripped over….it’s sneak peek review of it back in 2016.

https://toolguyd.com/ridgid-18v-cordless-miter-saw/?utm_source=post&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=related-posts

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

mr23evs router this morning for cutting the main circumference of the dilation prop I’m making. I really love getting to use my circle jig.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Look at what I just tripped over….it’s sneak peek review of it back in 2016.

https://toolguyd.com/ridgid-18v-cordless-miter-saw/?utm_source=post&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=related-posts

Yup that’s the one,, nice little saw. I see the red one is selling for the same price.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Rode around on the neighbours yard tractor today cutting her lawn for her. Wife did ours with the push mower. Our lawn is too small with too many obstacles to use a tractor.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I was really loving my hdh181 today – I got to put the auxiliary handle on it for some bigger hole saws – 3 1/4” and it just feels so good to use.

Charlie

Instagram

Clev08
    Pro

The GLL 15 was my tool of the day, I used it to plumb up from stud marks on the floor and them snap my chalk line quick and move to the next stud.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you for posting the video on the new RIDGID miter saw.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I was really loving my hdh181 today – I got to put the auxiliary handle on it for some bigger hole saws – 3 1/4” and it just feels so good to use.

I have the HDH 183. I am sure if it is the same as the HDH 181. I have yet too use might. I hope to try it out soon.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I have the HDH 183. I am sure if it is the same as the HDH 181. I have yet too use might. I hope to try it out soon.

They’re slightly different – I just went and compared the specs on the Bosch website.

The 181 is the brushed version vs the 183 being brushless. They’re also slightly differently sized with the older one being shorter but longer and the 183 weighs half a pound more.

The other differences are that the 181 has fewer BPM – 27,500 vs 31,500.
    The 181 has two clutch settings for drilling: 0-440, and 0-1850, whereas the 183 apparently doesn’t and is just variable from 0-2100.

The main difference I see in terms of usability, is the last stat: Torque.

The 181 is listed at 752 in lbs and the 183 has 663.

I have been so surprised at the way torque has gone down and weight gone up as Bosch transitions to or brings out new brushless tools.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

They’re slightly different – I just went and compared the specs on the Bosch website.

The 181 is the brushed version vs the 183 being brushless. They’re also slightly differently sized with the older one being shorter but longer and the 183 weighs half a pound more.

The other differences are that the 181 has fewer BPM – 27,500 vs 31,500.
    The 181 has two clutch settings for drilling: 0-440, and 0-1850, whereas the 183 apparently doesn’t and is just variable from 0-2100.

The main difference I see in terms of usability, is the last stat: Torque.

The 181 is listed at 752 in lbs and the 183 has 663.

I have been so surprised at the way torque has gone down and weight gone up as Bosch transitions to or brings out new brushless tools.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I could have done that too. I still not yet use too these brushless tools.

Greg

The nail gun and the compressor. Got the rest of the frame up over the deck.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Hollow chisel mortiser was the TOTD today. Set the centre line and the depth and used these little story blocks to transfer the location of the mortises.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

yellaD
    Pro

Love it, @smallerstick. Which did mortiser did you use, and did you find that it went straight and plum?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Hollow chisel mortiser was the TOTD today. Set the centre line and the depth and used these little story blocks to transfer the location of the mortises.

I’ve seen those around IG and they look like fun machines to use.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

They are; I’m really enjoying mine. I had a Delta kit that mounted to my drill press but it wasn’t a very good alternative. Tedious to set up and not really user friendly. This new one is just a treat by comparison.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD was my FL12. I had to crawl the long way under the stage today and I’d rigged the lights to only come on from the shorter way, so I was belly crawling about 40’ and that light made all the difference. It’s such an easy thing to hold onto and it just has so much output!

They are; I’m really enjoying mine. I had a Delta kit that mounted to my drill press but it wasn’t a very good alternative. Tedious to set up and not really user friendly. This new one is just a treat by comparison.

Gotta love a good tool upgrade.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My TOTD was my FL12.

More than once my FL12 light has saved the day lighting the way in my crawl space under the house.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My TOTD was my FL12.

More than once my FL12 light has saved the day lighting the way in my crawl space under the house.

It’s the perfect light for that task.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My TOTD was my FL12. I had to crawl the long way under the stage today and I’d rigged the lights to only come on from the shorter way, so I was belly crawling about 40’ and that light made all the difference. It’s such an easy thing to hold onto and it just has so much output!

Gotta love a good tool upgrade.

I am sure I could have crawled that far. But you had the right light for the job for sure.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.326 seconds