dcsimg

TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I just love this carry up the ladder with one hand 18volt sliding compound miter saw.

What brand is that? Do you know what it weighs?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can’t believe we’re at the point of being able to carry a sliding miter easily up a ladder – cordless tech has come so far!

Dirty that is a nice cordless mitersaw that is portable. I like RIDGID may have to look at that one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just love this carry up the ladder with one hand 18volt sliding compound miter saw.

It’s the 7¼” Ridgid sliding compound miter saw. It was cutting that 1×6 on a 45º across the board no problem.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Times definitely have changed with the advantages of cordless and lithium battery packs.
    That’s a nice compact saw DirtyWhiteBoy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s the 7¼” Ridgid sliding compound miter saw. It was cutting that 1×6 on a 45º across the board no problem.

I have been looking at it. It is at least $100 less than everybody else’s sliding miter saw but always gets good reviews.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The size and weight really make that an appealing saw.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

TOTD is the Unisaw, ripping door components and the hollow chisel mortiser will be on call this afternoon.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

#5 and #7 bench planes. I think they are wearing me out today though…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I think any work with a hand plane would wear me out.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

How often do you stop to touch up the edge? Ash can be hard on plane blades from what I hear.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I wish I had more experience with planes – it seems like a good workout and no dust!

My TOTD today was my old Staedtler compass. I’m recreating a decorative prop for a doula friend that has the stages of dilation by centimeters all in a round and I love being able to make such crisp circles. It gives me all the nostalgia for my high school math classes when I used to think I was smart, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

How often do you stop to touch up the edge? Ash can be hard on plane blades from what I hear.

Probably due now. I got a coupe of hours between the 2, time to strop. The #5 has a 30 degree bevel on it and is set a bit cruder to take bigger shavings. The #7 is set finer with a 25 degree bevel.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Do you know what it weighs?

It weighs about the same as a skil saw.

Dirty

Doobie

Tried lookin for it ….couldn’t find it anywhere here in Canada other than this old listing on A.ca.

https://www.amazon.ca/R48607K-18-Volt-Cordless-Brushless-Sliding/dp/B01N9IK90K

Really! It says just 24 lbs.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The size and weight really make that an appealing saw.

It has it all I really am liking it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Tried lookin for it ….couldn’t find it anywhere here in Canada other than this old listing on A.ca.

That Sliding compound miter saw is so nice it’s been pull from the market so TTI can sell it’s more expensive red&black 7¼” SCMS. Maybe they will bring it back some day.

Dirty

Doobie

That Sliding compound miter saw is so nice it’s been pull from the market so TTI can sell it’s more expensive red&black 7¼” SCMS. Maybe they will bring it back some day.

I don’t understand Ridgid sometimes. They put out a produxt and less than a year later it’s being delisted. Just weird.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I don’t understand Ridgid sometimes. They put out a produxt and less than a year later it’s being delisted. Just weird.

Oh wow that doesn’t make much sense. You would wonder what would make they do that.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

FL12 FTW today. That baby just shines (haha) whenever I need to do work on an appliance. Those large sheet metal walls sure work great with the FL12’s magnetic base – you can basically stick it anywhere to point wherever you need it!

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

FL12 FTW today.

The FL12 the best shop helper there is.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.974 seconds