dcsimg

TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TOTD turned out to be the GLL2 crossline laser. Had to hang some pictures for my wife, and really like not having to mark any lines on the walls.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The TOTD for me was this Bluetooth toque. It is great to use. I like better then my ear buds.

Didn’t know they had such things. Sound anywhere near as good as earbuds, or just a lot more comfortable?

I didn’t know they made then either. I would say it sounds pretty good. My ear buds are just cheap ones I got off Amazon. But they are still pretty good. I am happy with both.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

dust mask and wrecking bars was the order for the day

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

TOTD was a Stanley #3 used to trim down a sticking door. I do have a Makita power plane – but it was more enjoyable to just do a quick touch-up on the blade and take care of it by hand.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today it was the over 20 year old Hitachi framing gun,, what a tool!!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t know they made then either. I would say it sounds pretty good. My ear buds are just cheap ones I got off Amazon. But they are still pretty good. I am happy with both.

Thanks for the response! I’ll skip tunes while working if I have to use buds, but I’m gonna give one of these a try.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

TOTD was my new phone. I know a lot of you have radios for your jobsites, but I’m moving around a lot and often couldn’t listen to a radio even if I had one because I’ve got hearing protection on when I am just in one spot, but today I was staining a bunch of wood so I didn’t need any ear protection and I could listen to some podcasts. Didn’t even need earbuds, because the sound on this iPhone 8 is so much better than my old phone!

Really made he time go by so much faster

New Phone huh? nice nice.
    I am debating to replace my 5 year old phone as well LOL but I am too cheap haha.
    I rather spend that money on a new tool or so.
    Phone still works etc, just the battery does not last long anymore and it’s lagging sometimes.

It’s really nice for Instagram/ Facebook. You seem to be doing just fine however you’ve been taking pictures up to this point, but the camera and video capabilities are getting really great on the newer iphones, so if you’re interested in that aspect of them, it may make sense to make that change. Otherwise, yeah, stick with what’s working for you.

yeah I was actually thinking about it too, mainly for the IG scene.
    Maybe one day when I can find a good deal on a phone. the brand new phones are insanely pricy.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

An oldie but goodie. You have been using and fixing that framing gun since you have been on the list. Glad it keeps working.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Wish they still made that gun. Not many of the new ones work like that old gun.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is the way it is with a lot of tools. The older model is better than the new ones.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That is the way it is with a lot of tools. The older model is better than the new ones.

I totally agree. The older ones were always better. They try to say the newer ones are better. But they never last as long.

Greg

Anonymous
    Inactive

It may be a bit of a cliche, but they truly don’t make anything like they used to.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It may be a bit of a cliche, but they truly don’t make anything like they used to.

Couldn’t agree more!

Greg

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

my 20 oz estwing was the TOTD cleaning up lumber

Doobie

Couldn’t agree more!

Sad but true. I blame Walmart myself.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

TOTD was the new Hitachi 18ga brad nailer. Work progresses on a new bathroom shelving unit.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My TOTD was my shovel and my ATV with a snowplow. To clear way all that wet snow.

Greg

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

TOTD was my Bosch dds183. Ran it throughout the day on one 2.0ah battery and drilled and fastened a few hundred holes and fasteners. Fastening some metal flanges to plywood substrate and the super fast speed with the electronic clutch is such a pleasure to use. Has a mechanical clutch but the electronic clutch stops the power after about one or two slips on the mechanical.

j

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

My TOTD was my shovel and my ATV with a snowplow. To clear way all that wet snow.

I used the snowblower. Makes life a lot easier when you can point it where you want it, over the banks that build up. Still a lot of shovel work for corners and steps and such.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

These are my tools of the day,
    Assembling all different types of instruments today, light and easy day

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.120 seconds