dcsimg

TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Getting ready for the coming Nop’easter. My snowblower stays out in an unheated shed, and she was all iced up from last time I used her, chute froze and all. So, TOTD this afternoon was my Milwaukee corded heat gun, de-icing her.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

tool of the day for me today was my 20 oz estwing and my B3300 Kabota tractor, doing demo and hauling it off

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My tool of the day was the 18volt Makita sander..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My tools of the day, my old charger and my Bosch GLI18V 300 articulating light

Stinks, all what’s going on with your ride – especially right now. Hope you’re making out with it.

I posted pretty much the same earlier, but that post got eaten. Anyway, must’ve jinxed myself, because I came home to the driver’s window on my Escape blown out. Maybe I flung something up with the snowblower last snow, and then the cold made her go. So, TOTD for me was my M18 vac, sucking up out of the snow the thousand window nuggets in my drive.

Wow that is really too bad. Not a job anyone would want too do.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My little Senco compressor and Brad nailer were indispensable today. I love that little nailer – it has made my life so much easier on many occasions. Today I used it to tack up panels before putting the screws in. It’s so much easier that way – a lot less balancing and cursing, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TOTD was definitely the 18V circular saw. We have no power available at the house we started framing, so it was nice not needing the generator on day 1.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

TOTD was my new phone. I know a lot of you have radios for your jobsites, but I’m moving around a lot and often couldn’t listen to a radio even if I had one because I’ve got hearing protection on when I am just in one spot, but today I was staining a bunch of wood so I didn’t need any ear protection and I could listen to some podcasts. Didn’t even need earbuds, because the sound on this iPhone 8 is so much better than my old phone!

Really made he time go by so much faster

New Phone huh? nice nice.
    I am debating to replace my 5 year old phone as well LOL but I am too cheap haha.
    I rather spend that money on a new tool or so.
    Phone still works etc, just the battery does not last long anymore and it’s lagging sometimes.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ended up with around 12″, so TOTD this evening was my Toro Snowmaster 724 QXE.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My tool of the day was the Makita 6½” circ saw. I tried the Bosch but the wood was just too wet.

Dirty

My tool of the day was the Makita 6½” circ saw. I tried the Bosch but the wood was just too wet.

What is the difference in specs or power?
    Just curious to know why the Bosch couldn’t cut it, but the Makita could.
    Are they Both 18 volt and 6 1/2 inch blades ( smartphone pictures are small)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t really know about the specs,,, I do know each saw had a new blade put on it and a fully charged 4.0ah battery and the Bosch saw could only cut the 76″ rip 2 to 2½ times. I was using wax on he new blade and all. The one 67″ rip took that saw 1:18 to make the cut and that was nursing it along… Wet PT 2×4.

Dirty

I don’t really know about the specs,,, I do know each saw had a new blade put on it and a fully charged 4.0ah battery and the Bosch saw could only cut the 76″ rip 2 to 2½ times. I was using wax on he new blade and all. The one 67″ rip took that saw 1:18 to make the cut and that was nursing it along… Wet PT 2×4.

Well I guess you gotta use what gets it done, good thing you had your Makita to be able to cut those with more ease

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s asking a lot of a non-brushless circ. That Makita brushless?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The Makita made the same cut on 20 seconds and did it 6 times to the bosch 2 times.. the wet PT lumber is where it really shows..

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s asking a lot of a non-brushless circ. That Makita brushless?

Yes the Makita has been brushlees for years now,, does the bosch have a brushless saw??

Dirty

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes the Makita has been brushlees for years now,, does the bosch have a brushless saw??

I didn’t think they did. Not having been on here for some time, I thought I’d see a lot more brushless tools on the list than there is.

You put a brushless pro-grade tool against its brushed counterpart, you’re going to see a difference, and especially with a saw.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD was my new phone. I know a lot of you have radios for your jobsites, but I’m moving around a lot and often couldn’t listen to a radio even if I had one because I’ve got hearing protection on when I am just in one spot, but today I was staining a bunch of wood so I didn’t need any ear protection and I could listen to some podcasts. Didn’t even need earbuds, because the sound on this iPhone 8 is so much better than my old phone!

Really made he time go by so much faster

New Phone huh? nice nice.
    I am debating to replace my 5 year old phone as well LOL but I am too cheap haha.
    I rather spend that money on a new tool or so.
    Phone still works etc, just the battery does not last long anymore and it’s lagging sometimes.

It’s really nice for Instagram/ Facebook. You seem to be doing just fine however you’ve been taking pictures up to this point, but the camera and video capabilities are getting really great on the newer iphones, so if you’re interested in that aspect of them, it may make sense to make that change. Otherwise, yeah, stick with what’s working for you.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The TOTD for me was this Bluetooth toque. It is great to use. I like better then my ear buds.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Anonymous
    Inactive

The TOTD for me was this Bluetooth toque. It is great to use. I like better then my ear buds.

Didn’t know they had such things. Sound anywhere near as good as earbuds, or just a lot more comfortable?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My TOTD was the Bosch 18V blower, used it to clear the driveway and walk of snow. Just blew it off.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.440 seconds