dcsimg

TOTD (Tool Of The Day) V 2.0

This topic contains 331 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 33 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 332 total)
  • Author

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Here’s the new thread everyone – show us what tool you’re using today that’s making things easier/ better/ fun/ manageable etc. Pics encouraged!

Here’s the old thread:

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/vit-very-important-tool/

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Used my heated jacket also to shovel the snow today.

I wishing I had a heated jacket to wear in this cold.

The TOTD for me the other day was this little folding saw. I used it to cut up some firewood for campfire. It is handy little saw too have.

I know the feeling – it has been such a relief having my heated jacket this year. Is that something that’s going on your list?

I have that same saw but from Corona – I have a ten inch and a six inch I found lying in the road once. I love them, and you’re right, they make great camping saws!

Charlie

Instagram

wow the previous thread broke really fest.

my tool was a measuring tape to figure out how much material I need for a job.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

The FL12 and the GLI18V 300 articulating light

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

The FL12 and the GLI18V 300 articulating light

Can’t ever have too many lights. I keep almost going and getting more FL12s. They’re so useful!

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Used my heated jacket also to shovel the snow today.

I wishing I had a heated jacket to wear in this cold.

The TOTD for me the other day was this little folding saw. I used it to cut up some firewood for campfire. It is handy little saw too have.

I know the feeling – it has been such a relief having my heated jacket this year. Is that something that’s going on your list?

I have that same saw but from Corona – I have a ten inch and a six inch I found lying in the road once. I love them, and you’re right, they make great camping saws!

Yes heated jack is on the list. The main reason I haven’t got one is sizing. I have been wanting try one on before I get one. I have yet to find one. It would have been nice during this cold spell we are having.
    Wow you are lucky to find that saw. I bought mine about 10 years ago. It doesn’t get used much.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Yes heated jack is on the list. The main reason I haven’t got one is sizing. I have been wanting try one on before I get one.

Highly recommend trying for fit. I ended up with a XXL, which I never have to buy in that size for other clothing. The shoulder/armpit area of their cut fits tight otherwise if I have anything more than a T-shirt thick garment underneath.

Is there not a Lowes anywhere near you?

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yes heated jack is on the list. The main reason I haven’t got one is sizing. I have been wanting try one on before I get one.

Highly recommend trying for fit. I ended up with a XXL, which I never have to buy in that size for other clothing. The shoulder/armpit area of their cut fits tight otherwise if I have anything more than a T-shirt thick garment underneath.

I normally wear a XXL in most clothes. Yes there is Lowes near me. I have been in there a few times to try a jacket on in the fall. I didn’t see any to to try on and I didn’t see anyone around to ask. I didn’t really have time to go ask anybody. I drive by Lowes everyday on my way to work. I will have time this week I will try and stop in.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My local Lowes doesn’t have the Bosch jacket unfortunately…otherwise, I would likely own one already (and probably one for the cold blooded wife too!)

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I normally wear a XXL in most clothes. Yes there is Lowes near me. I have been in there a few times to try a jacket on in the fall. I didn’t see any to to try on and I didn’t see anyone around to ask. I didn’t really have time to go ask anybody. I drive by Lowes everyday on my way to work. I will have time this week I will try and stop in.

All the Lowes I’ve been in during the winter have spares for trying on. Some I’ve seen with a free standing Bosch jacket display, other times on wire looped thru a sleeve hung up in an aisle, and at other times they keep them behind the desk at the contractors/pro ordering desk.

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

All the Lowes I’ve been in during the winter have spares for trying on. Some I’ve seen with a free standing Bosch jacket display, other times on wire looped thru a sleeve hung up in an aisle, and at other times they keep them behind the desk at the contractors/pro ordering desk.

Thanks Kevin I will stop into Lowes one day this week. I know I check online and said there wasn’t at my store.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

my tool for the day was my ford f150 all I done for the day was run after materials for tommorow

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I can echo everyone’s love for those jackets. I’ve been wearing mine every morning the past couple of weeks and am so glad to have it!

But today I needed to pull apart a glue up that hadn’t quite set, but had a few 18 ga nails holding it together and the tool that made everything come apart easily without ruining anything was my EZS Bessey clamps. The heads are reversible so they convert to spreaders. Plus, you just screw a dial less than one full turn to unlock and lock the clamping pads to switch from clamping to spreading. Such a great design, and exactly what I needed to reset my project so I could recut a few parts and get it back together again.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I can echo everyone’s love for those jackets. I’ve been wearing mine every morning the past couple of weeks and am so glad to have it!

But today I needed to pull apart a glue up that hadn’t quite set, but had a few 18 ga nails holding it together and the tool that made everything come apart easily without ruining anything was my EZS Bessey clamps. The heads are reversible so they convert to spreaders. Plus, you just screw a dial less than one full turn to unlock and lock the clamping pads to switch from clamping to spreading. Such a great design, and exactly what I needed to reset my project so I could recut a few parts and get it back together again.

I have clamps like that they are from Canadian Tire. I have used them as a spreader a few times. I bought them on sale.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD was my new phone. I know a lot of you have radios for your jobsites, but I’m moving around a lot and often couldn’t listen to a radio even if I had one because I’ve got hearing protection on when I am just in one spot, but today I was staining a bunch of wood so I didn’t need any ear protection and I could listen to some podcasts. Didn’t even need earbuds, because the sound on this iPhone 8 is so much better than my old phone!

Really made he time go by so much faster 👍

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

My tools of the day, my old charger and my Bosch GLI18V 300 articulating light

Sparky603
    Pro
    Rural, NH

Stinks, all what’s going on with your ride – especially right now. Hope you’re making out with it.

I posted pretty much the same earlier, but that post got eaten. Anyway, must’ve jinxed myself, because I came home to the driver’s window on my Escape blown out. Maybe I flung something up with the snowblower last snow, and then the cold made her go. So, TOTD for me was my M18 vac, sucking up out of the snow the thousand window nuggets in my drive.

3rd gen. master electrician / electrical contractor. Professional tradesman since 1987.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I posted pretty much the same earlier, but that post got eaten. Anyway, must’ve jinxed myself, because I came home to the driver’s window on my Escape blown out. Maybe I flung something up with the snowblower last snow, and then the cold made her go. So, TOTD for me was my M18 vac, sucking up out of the snow the thousand window nuggets in my drive.

That sucks, the good news just keeps on coming. That glass is a pain to get all up, a million pieces everywhere.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Stinks, all what’s going on with your ride – especially right now. Hope you’re making out with it.

Ouch – sorry to hear.

My TOTD was by Bosch Reaxx Table Saw. Wife asked me to knock out a batch of cutting boards last night, so I did. Also started making a desk, so I got most of my parts cut last night. Should finish tonight and get it glued.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Thanks D yeah definitely stinks, but hey that’s life lol

Oh man to bad about your escape,
    I know those windows or windshield break up in thousands of tiny little pieces.
    Good luck cleaning and repairing the window

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 332 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.653 seconds