dcsimg

Torque Work Centre

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

This looks really, really fascinating. I would love to see Festool come out with something that could be added to the back of an MFT/3 along these lines.

http://yasengineering.com/product-category/yas-engineering/torque-work-centre/

Do any of you happen to know of someone who owns one? They are from Australia, but I think at least a few guys in the USA have to own one….

John S

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That’s a lot of money for basically a sled jig for the router. You can make one pretty cheaply out of wood.

That’s a lot of money for basically a sled jig for the router. You can make one pretty cheaply out of wood.

Did you look at the other ways it could be used? It is hardly just that.

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This looks really, really fascinating.

I agree that looks really nice. Would like to have one in my shop for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

that looks really interesting, you can even attach a chain saw to it and turn it in to a milling machine. This would be an interesting game changer for smaller shops.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/zwOZk1s7nxE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    that looks really interesting, you can even attach a chain saw to it and turn it in to a milling machine. This would be an interesting game changer for smaller shops.

Very cool video, even attached a sanding pad onto the router, your right one machine to do many tasks, looks solid built to,

😮 just went back and checked the pricing, extra for many add ons.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/zwOZk1s7nxE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Very cool video, even attached a sanding pad onto the router, your right one machine to do many tasks, looks solid built to,

ThanX for the video. Don’t know anyone who has one, though.

Definitely a multi tools work centre.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Yeah, the pricing is not pretty, especially once you start adding all the extra options. But this is really the only “CNC quality” all-in-one work center.

I will say that it will probably be pretty annoying to switch between tools, but if you could dedicate a drill, circ saw, sander, etc. to it and have the required attachments permanently connected to the tool, it would make for a pretty slick setup.

Of course, it needs to be dead-on accurate to also justify the price.

You could also convert the top into an mft/3 style 20mm top for it to serve as an mft/3 workbench. Then it also serves as a 3 axis router table, drill press, table saw, radial arm saw (I recall seeing him attach a 10” miter saw to it as well), track saw, sander… I bet you could also add a planer without too much hassle.

That is quite versatile for such a small package. And it is not a junky, cheapo all-in-one system, but looks very, very well done.

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

How do we live without one? I can see why it’s not sold here in the states.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

It is very cool, not cheap though, I’d think I would have to be doing a lot of repetitive work to justify the cost.

Will

lol I love DWB’s enthusiasm 🙂 Sounds like he has one shipped his way already.

This appears to be the CNC version of the ShopSmith… and appeals a great deal to me due to my lack of space for a real shop. But I know it is definitely not for everyone.

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This appears to be the CNC version of the ShopSmith…

I built a lot of furniture and cabinets using a Shop Smith. Yeah it was a pain changing tools all the time but if you are space challenged they do work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Never seen it before. Pretty pricey. At first glance, I thought it was a CNC. It’s not even that. I’d rather spend that kind of money towards a CNC.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I would hate to have to spent that much money to get a straight cut from my saw.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Im thinking that you could probably build something very similar for a fraction of the cost. Check out some of the projects here http://www.openbuilds.com/?category=cnc-router-builds&id=286

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Im thinking that you could probably build something very similar for a fraction of the cost. Check out some of the projects here http://www.openbuilds.com/?category=cnc-router-builds&id=286

I was thinking that you definitely could do something similar with extruded aluminum.
    I also really like that website openbuilds you just linked, i’ve never seen that before, hmmm home built cnc.. you have got my mind going.

Clev08
    Pro

I.would much rather spend that money on machinery than a bench I can make myself… That’s crazy money.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I was thinking that you definitely could do something similar with extruded aluminum.
    I also really like that website openbuilds you just linked, i’ve never seen that before, hmmm home built cnc.. you have got my mind going

It is a really great site. Everything is open source so there should be free plans available for all of the projects on there.

A fraction of the cost? Maybe in the cost of the extrusion alone… but it would take quite a bit of thought and fabricating custom pieces most likely to replicate the system yourself. And therefore, a lot of time, etc…

John S

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

A fraction of the cost? Maybe in the cost of the extrusion alone… but it would take quite a bit of thought and fabricating custom pieces most likely to replicate the system yourself. And therefore, a lot of time, etc…

yah it would end up taking up a lot of time but 5k is quite a bit spendy on this. However kswiss now has a 3d printer so it might be worth his while to figure out the parts and just print them.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.388 seconds