dcsimg

toolbelt of choice

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 318 replies, has 60 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 319 total)
  • Author

redwood
    Pro

Brian wrote:Let me know if you are ever looking to unload that Mark That is what I have been looking for, I just cant pull the trigger on a new one ( to much money) I currently used a Dead on set. I like the large belt as it helps with back support.

They look too good to get rid of. They just hang on a hook in my trailer. Their not even broken in.

When I do use a tool belt, I have a decent Cordera one. It’s probably 1/2 the weight and I don’t feel bad about abusing it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

Jeff wrote:my new toolbelt is heavy compared to the black kunys cordurea one im retiring but oh well

dan.. yah. i have 2-3 pairs of work shorts and 3 pairs of overalls.. i typically wear them for 2 or 3 days depending on how dirty they get.. but i slack on teh laundry i do it all in one swoop on sundays

I find that when I’m working in the shop I can get a week out of a pair of shorts or pants since they usually only get dusty and I blow them off at the end of the day. I guess I’m spoiled though since my wife does my laundry, although I did the same as you when I was still single and saved up all the dirty clothes and did them all at once.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i only get a few days outta them because they get really sweaty right now with all the humidity were having. not to mention im a glue fiend when trimming.. if im going ocd its not uncommon for me to go through 1-2 Litres of glue on a full house being trimmed.. the issue being i wipe the excess off and wipe it on my shorts or pants… i use to wipe it on my toolbelt but it was the leather too stiff and thick

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve been using the CLC Cordera bags.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

what do you like about your cordera bags Dirty?

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

what do you like about your cordera bags Dirty?

John they are light weight and seem to last a long time for the money they cost. they have a lot of small pockets for the smalls I like to carry around. The thing I like the most is they do wear out then I can toss them and but a new one and I love to have a new set of bags on my waist!

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s a pic John……..

Dirty

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have a Makita tool belt with a built in weight belt for the back

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Tool Belts are OK but does anyone make a really good tool vest?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

bill, occidental leather makes several of them, i have their stronghold suspendavest.. its great for service work and trim installs. but for general carpentry its too awkward as it makes you top heavy and when your climbing around or bending over tools tend to fall out regularly

http://bestbelt.com/cat.php?cat_ID=4

Attachments:

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’ve been using a Milwaukee tool belt for a while now, although most of the time I remove one of the big bags from it to save on weight. I’ve been really happy with it.

It’s this one I believe:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Milwaukee-49-17-0195-Tool-Belt/dp/B0006H4B3E/

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I bought my first Occidental Leather tool belt about 15 years ago – couldn’t see myself wearing anything else now.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have been considering getting a set of Occidental’s nylon bags but I’m partial to my leather bags – nylon just doesnt seem right for some odd reason.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

chad, the nylon ones are lighter and are much better if you work in wet conditions as they dry much faster. i have both leather and nylon, ill be switching to the nylon ones shortly for the winter as snow and salt will wreck the leather

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

The weight of the nylon bags is why I have been considering getting a pair. I haul around enough weight and wouldnt mind lightening up where I can.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I never use a toolbet. I have one from harbor freight and I rarely use it. I feel like the work I do doesnt warrant a tool belt. Maybe I will have to look into some of these on the thread and see if they would be helpful to me while on the job.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I can’t bring myself to wear a tool belt and I think it’s because I have a cheap one that was given to me a couple of years ago. The pockets are too small, and there is no place for my drill. I’ll get it worked out. The stuff you guy’s have presented here I think is way out of my league, but great to know, and food for thought. I like the idea of pouches that I can me added to what I need.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I never use a toolbet. I have one from harbor freight and I rarely use it. I feel like the work I do doesnt warrant a tool belt. Maybe I will have to look into some of these on the thread and see if they would be helpful to me while on the job.

A lot of the work I do sounds similar to yours and I very seldom wear a tool belt either. I usually pull my needed tools out of storage on the truck and put them in spare bag to haul them in. That is why I am thinking about a backpack bag.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

chad, the nylon ones are lighter and are much better if you work in wet conditions as they dry much faster

That what I like and with all the animal emphasizers it’s better to stay away from the leather.

Dirty

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dont get me wrong i like the leather it holds up much better to abrasion and puncture. but the lightweight and drying capability of hte nylon i better suited to wet regions.. i know tim uhler wears the occi lights because hes stated hes lucky if he gets 3 days in a row without rain

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.702 seconds