dcsimg

toolbelt of choice

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 318 replies, has 60 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 319 total)
  • Author

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have a few belts but when I am framing I use my Makita tool belt the most .It has big pockets and a weight belt to support your back . If I am doing smaller indoor jobs then I have a black suede pouch .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

nice john, how do you find the makita bag, the one thing i dont like about them and the dewalt cordura bags is how their foam filled.. makes them twice as bulky

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

That’s a nice looking belt Jeff, where did you pick that up at?

Dan

danpattison.com

Jeff that is a great belt – I was hoping you would post pics for us to see! I am curious to hear how it holds up!

I am also curious how in the world John L managed to snag a makita toolbelt…

I was a total goon and missed out on getting a hilti toolbelt when I bought my 18v set (impact and drill) literally a few days before they started a promo that included the belt. Silly me 🙁 it looked sharp and since it is Hilti, I bet it was decent

John S

woodman_412

You would think they would have given you a belt anyway since you bought it so close to the promo John. That’s a bummer when you miss out on deals like that. How long ago did you buy the set?

Dan

danpattison.com

Almost two years ago haha… But I still am kicking myself for missing out on that belt! Oh well – I wouldn’t use it that often anyways… not like Jeff and others

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the makita belt is actually on sale at home depot right now. i think the version that john has use to be bundled in with their mitre saw and 5 pc cordless kits.

i have a couple framer buddies that have that toolbelt i just bought, one of them was going through a toolbelt every 8-12 months. mostly kunys/clc ones.. both the black cordura model and hte brown leather component belt.. hes had the task one for almost 3 years now i believe the only isssue hes had is replacing the hammer loop as the leather wore out

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

heres my belt that im retiring along with my occidental leather stronghold vest. the vest is awesome but been unbelieveably warm to be wearing right now. but its my trim rig so… gotta do it

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

The tool belt I have was well over $ 140.00 but I picked mine up at a wood show for $ 40.00 , They are very tough and well worth the money . There is no foam in mine at all .Makita made a cheaper version of this one a few years after I got mine .I have had this one now for more than 6 years .

woodman_412

Wood shows are great places to get good deals sometimes. I got my Makita 12″ sliding compound at a wood show and it was a good sale price to start with plus it came with the stand, 2 blades and a laminate trimmer.

Jeff, you’re right about warm weather and wearing things on your upper body. I find that even my shop apron gets too warm in the summer when it’s hot out. Let us know what you think of your new belt once you’ve put it through it’s paces.

Dan

danpattison.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would say frankenbelt also

Kurt – I have never heard of the frankenbelt….??

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the frankenbelt is what i call the older belt thats made up of a mishmash of diferent pouchs.. i rig it up based on what im doing..

i had to take my suspenders off the belt a few weeks ago as they were too warm to work in outside

woodman_412

Have you been wearing your Blaklader shorts Jeff? I’ve been wearing mine every day since it’s been so hot lately. I’ve found that I don’t need a tool belt or apron when I’m wearing the shorts so it helps to stay as cool as possible.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dan, ive been wearing the shorts a ton actualy as long as their clean.. mostly when im doing trim work to carry my fasteners. i carry all my tools on the vest but dont fit it with a pouch anymore. just one pouch on one side overloads it and makes my back go out of kilter. had the lboxxs not come up on the prize list i was prob gonna get another pair of the shorts especially since i had to throw out another pair of work shorts a week ago from getting torn

redwood
    Pro

I have a really good set of Oxy toolbelt. I won them at a supplier raffle. They are beautiful, but just too heavy. I hardly wear a toolbelt any longer. I just keep my Husky bags nearby for tools, as well as fastners.

I have something like these with the suspenders

Attachments:

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Let me know if you are ever looking to unload that Mark That is what I have been looking for, I just cant pull the trigger on a new one ( to much money) I currently used a Dead on set. I like the large belt as it helps with back support.

woodman_412

That’s a substantial looking belt Mark. How much does the belt by itself weigh?

Jeff, I got two pairs of the shorts so that keeps me going every day. When one pair is in the wash I’m wearing the other pair. I have two pairs of the pants too so between the pants and the shorts that’s all I wear now. I find that I couldn’t do without them now working in the countertop shop because every pocket holds something specific.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

my new toolbelt is heavy compared to the black kunys cordurea one im retiring but oh well

dan.. yah. i have 2-3 pairs of work shorts and 3 pairs of overalls.. i typically wear them for 2 or 3 days depending on how dirty they get.. but i slack on teh laundry i do it all in one swoop on sundays

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.822 seconds