dcsimg

toolbelt of choice

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 319 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

With the Blaklader pants I don’t use my bags any more.

Sure would be easier than wearing a tool belt all day.

Since I got my Blaklader pants, I haven’t worn my belt either.
    It’s nice having the built in pockets to throw your screws or nails in. and not the extra weight of the tool belt.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Same here. The pockets on my pants have completely replaced the need for bags…and they are way more comfortable too!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Same here. The pockets on my pants have completely replaced the need for bags…and they are way more comfortable too!

I switched to pants only with multiple pockets years ago to avoid the belt. I still like vests though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

How many pairs of these pants do you guys have to have? And how long do they last? What happens when you get older and add several inches to your waistline like I have over the last few years?

I don’t doubt that the pants are very nice but seems like a much more expensive way to go to me.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

myself i have two pairs of the helly hanson pants which are almost the same as the x1600`s from blaklader, and two pairs of shorts. im in residntial so it s not totally imperative that my clothes are perfectly clean every day, ill go 2-3 days wearing the same pair before putting them in the hamper. same with shorts.. primarily i wear them when running the 2nd phase of trim so i dont have to wear a belt which can bump into newly painted walls causing wall patches to be needed. their too bulky to wear when framing though

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

How many pairs of these pants do you guys have to have? And how long do they last? What happens when you get older and add several inches to your waistline like I have over the last few years?

I don’t doubt that the pants are very nice but seems like a much more expensive way to go to me.

I have 3 pair of pants and 1 hi-vis I don’t seem to use.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I only have one pair for now but I am hoping and trying to loose the spare tire that I carry around with me. 🙂

Working towards maybe a pair or two of the shorts also. Only problem I find is that Blakladder has limited selection in the 42″ waist. 😮

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

This is my Heritage Workcraft toolbelt and suspenders. It is definitely a premium product that will accept 2″ or 3″ bags and comes with an awesome phone holder!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This is my Heritage Workcraft toolbelt and suspenders. It is definitely a premium product that will accept 2″ or 3″ bags and comes with an awesome phone holder!

Yea,, those are nice. I’d like to see them in padded fabric or nylon or anything but leather. Leather get so hard when exposed to the elements. Also the sweat soaking into them all the time makes for a very bad funk to them!!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Definitely a nice belt but more for indoor shop use than outside in the elements.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yea,, those are nice. I’d like to see them in padded fabric or nylon or anything but leather. Leather get so hard when exposed to the elements. Also the sweat soaking into them all the time makes for a very bad funk to them!!!

They do look nice.

Doesn’t leather make them more heavier then fabric?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Definitely a nice belt but more for indoor shop use than outside in the elements.

Hi Dirty, AMC Guy, and Tokley,

Thank you for the feedback!

We did consider using padded shoulder/belt pads but in the end, we opted to not go that route. After some R&D, we found that the padding actually took away from the comfort and stability of the unit. I know that might seem counterintuitive but the leather does a great job of conforming to the shoulder, distributing the weight well, and locking on to the shoulder instead of wanting to roll off of it (this was a problem with padding).

You make a great point, leather can have a tendency to dry out and get hard over time when exposed to the elements of nature. To combat that tendency, we only use premium leathers that contain oils and waxes. One of the great things about leather is that the more you use it, the more conditioned it gets because of the natural oils in our body, and the softer it gets due to the pores opening up over time, loosening the grain. But, like any tool of the trade that you value, it will need periodic care.

Something that we do to add strength to our leather is add stitching. The shoulder pads, bet, and belt pad all have double stitching around the perimeter to give added strength and stability. The suspenders have single stitching around the perimeter to help maintain flexibility while minimalizing stretching that can occur over time.

As far as the thread materials go, we chose heavyweight bonded polyester over nylon. While nylon is one of the stronger synthetic thread materials, it has nearly no UV resistance, making it extremely susceptible to breakdown when used outdoors. Polyester, on the other hand, is one of the best UV resistant thread materials available while still providing more than adequate strength.

As far as weight goes, even though we are using heavyweight premium grade leather, you would be surprised how light our toolbelt/suspenders feel when wearing them. Because it conforms to your body so well, it hardly feels like there is any added weight.

If you guys have any other feedback or questions, feel free to reach us on our Facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/HeritageWorkcraft

Doobie

As I thought when I saw the first post late last nite. SPAM. Which is not allowed on this forum.

Sorry @heritageworkcraft, we’re not permitted to self-promote here on this forum.

@chadm

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

As I thought when I saw the first post late last nite. SPAM. Which is not allowed on this forum.

Sorry @heritageworkcraft, we’re not permitted to self-promote here on this forum.

@chadm

He’s acutely just talking about his product used in the construction trade. I see nowhere where he’s trying to sell anything. He gave a way to contact him. That’s great for those who want more info?? Why not let Chad deal with being the Mod instead of trying to run off any new member from a forum with very few members posting.. We need all we can get here.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have to agree with DWB… I don’t see it as self promotion, he was several posts in before he just posted a link to his fb page. There was more explaining of how he designs and makes the tool belts than anything else.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Doobie

@chadm

He’s acutely just talking about his product used in the construction trade. I see nowhere where he’s trying to sell anything. He gave a way to contact him. That’s great for those who want more info?? Why not let Chad deal with being the Mod instead of trying to run off any new member from a forum with very few members posting.. We need all we can get here.

I’m just trying to help, just as you do as well Dirty, with assisting what is a depleted mod crew.

Where I can’t see I agree with is that he’s not self-promoting. Two posts only since joining two days ago in an old thread, both tooting a product he makes. If that isn’t self-promoting, what is?

My apologies if my posts are bringing dissension to the group, that was not my intent. I only posted to this thread because I thought I could add value to a discussion that seemed to die off several years ago. To my knowledge, not much has changed in the tool belt offerings since this thread was active and felt that people who were specifically interested in this topic might find value in knowing there is something else available now.

Our mission is to collaborate with tradesmen to produce leather goods that are uniquely designed with quality, comfort, durability, and utility in mind while utilizing high quality, hand selected materials that maintain product quality and consistency.

With that, two of our core values are to produce value for our customers and to understand and respect the heritage of our customer’s workcraft.

So, if our mission to collaborate with tradesmen is at odds with our core values within this “Be The Pro” thread discussion, I will recuse myself from any further discussion on this topic.

Truly, may peace be with you,
    Adam

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

. I only posted to this thread because I thought I could add value to a discussion that seemed to die off several years ago. To my knowledge, not much has changed in the tool belt offerings since this thread was active and felt that people who were specifically interested in this topic might find value in knowing there is something else available now.

That is the goal here at BTP is add value to threads or start new threads that can add value for our members.

I hope you hang around and can add more value to fourm. Welcome to BTP!

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

WoW,, Just Wow!!!!

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

WoW,, Just Wow!!!!

Just wow what?

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 319 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.299 seconds