dcsimg

toolbelt of choice

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 319 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

well as of last saturday i actually have a set of diamond backs.. my buddy who owns them actually gave them to me.. he hasnt worn them in over a year and owed me a day and a half labor for a kitchen install i did with him earlier this year

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

well as of last saturday i actually have a set of diamond backs.. my buddy who owns them actually gave them to me.. he hasnt worn them in over a year and owed me a day and a half labor for a kitchen install i did with him earlier this year

Do you like em or are you spolied on the Occies?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

McRose Leather

interesting, I was just going to a buddy who knows someone. My buddy works in the film industry and his buddy that works with them also does leather on the side and since those guys have heavy tool belts to fix anything on set i was going to go check out what they use.

Mine is not any thing special, but it works for me.

Ouch those look painful!!

Haha yeah, at the time they worked for me, but at the end of the day, kinda have sore hips. Don’t really use them as much lately. With the tool bags and such, plus not doing as much renos lately.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I went Cordura for a bit, but I’m back to leather. Getting older though, I wear them only for specific tasks nowadays, preferring to work out of a high-quality bag.

Speaking of Occidental, I might treat myself to one of these at some point:

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I went Cordura for a bit, but I’m back to leather. Getting older though, I wear them only for specific tasks nowadays, preferring to work out of a high-quality bag.

do you find moving around and working on a project is it easier to remember to move the bag or keeping it attached literally at the hip is better?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a super looking bag, every thing is right there at a grab. Bit holders and every thing.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That is a nice bag. I wonder if it would fit into an L-4 as an insert of sorts?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Do you like em or are you spolied on the Occies?

no not spoiled. i wore them yesterday working on a form for a massive footing for a wharf were building. very comfortable and light weight. the only thing i dont like on them is the hammer loop thats really high on pouch.. im probably going to put a hammer loop on the belt

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

For service work that would be awesome! For the little bit of electric work I do I still prefer a tool belt. That way I have wire nuts, staples, etc. along with my tools.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

How many commercial electricians wear tool belts here? My roommate is a commercial electrician and only ever works out of his tool bag.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ideal has made one for quite some time, but it’s a little more square than the Occidental one appears to be. I had a cordura one of similar dimensions years back, and it was prone to tipping over in truck. CLC makes a cheaper version, but it’s probably made in China and of lesser quality.

Ideal:

There’s someone who’s been selling custom-made ones on Ebay that looked pretty good, but he has no current listing.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Ideal has made one for quite some time, but it’s a little more square than the Occidental one appears to be. I had a cordura one of similar dimensions years back, and it was prone to tipping over in truck. CLC makes a cheaper version, but it’s probably made in China and of lesser quality.

Ideal:

There’s someone who’s been selling custom-made ones on Ebay that looked pretty good, but he has no current listing.

sparky what happened to all your photos, i’ve been seeing that picture of the cat all over the forum.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Found this at my local electrical supply house yesterday. Seems like a good concept.

http://www.rack-a-tiers.com/product/73/Butt-Pouchs

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Found this at my local electrical supply house yesterday. Seems like a good concept.

http://www.rack-a-tiers.com/product/73/Butt-Pouchs

looks like a good option , instead of carrying a big tool belt or a bigger tool bag around, depending on the tasks at hand , be curious , two reviews and they said it was good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, who here is man enough to wear one of these? I’ll admit, I’m not. 🙂

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I don’t think i would either, kinda looks like everything would be right in the way all the time!

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Okay, who here is man enough to wear one of these? I’ll admit, I’m not. :)

I thought about getting Occi’s vest system a couple years ago, then I ran into a guy who had one. He said they weren’t bad in the fall or the winter to wear over a flannel or a sweatshirt but that they were way to hot to wear in the summer.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I had thought about a vest like that but the problem comes when you need to bend over and kneel. Wouldn’t work great for finishing.

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

EDIT: Please delete, forum is behaving strangely.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 319 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.548 seconds