dcsimg

toolbelt of choice

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 319 total)
  • Author
    TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I recently had to buy a new belt for the single pouch that I wear. I had a leather klein one with a metal buckle but the buckle broke. I was in a pinch and found a husky belt at home depot for about 3 bucks. It is nylon with a plastic buckle but for 3 bucks that isn’t bad!

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I have an oxy 7 bag pro framer. I like it. I need to get some suspenders.

I was debating a suspendavest, or a work vest for a while, but I just got some small clip on pouch for my finish tools and that has been more than adequate.

I’ve got a set of occidental’s that I really like. They get heavy at times, but I keep them stocked up with a lot of tools!

I find it tough to keep my fasteners organized though, I use all different types of nails and screws and would be nice to have 5 or 6 smaller pouches for them.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

tony g, youll find those plastic buckled belts will need adjusting regularly . i had that experience with my first belt then switched to a leather belt no such issues since

speaking of occidental leather though, i got my gadget holder yesterday for my phone as well as the stronghold light suspenders

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Mine is not any thing special, but it works for me.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

tony g, youll find those plastic buckled belts will need adjusting regularly

Yes that dam nylon slips there for sucks.

Oh man do you ever need a upgrade!! You’ll never know how bad that belt is till you get a nice wide padded one.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I have a nice carrying tool tote from Kunny’s! Great quality bag that takes a lot of abuse. I even hose it down ever now and then. Glad I didn’t go super cheap on the tote even though this Kunny was on sale

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

I only wear my belt on occasion, but have gone back to my old Klein leather setup when I do, away from the cordura. Might someday treat myself to an Occidental rig.

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

Figured I’d give this thread a bump with my rigs. I’ve got an Oxy I use for framing, tools are a bit sparse in it right now as I’m not framing full time anymore. The DBs are my finishing rig. The DBs are by far my favourite, they are just too comfortable.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have yet to try dbs but a friend of mine has a set.. hes actually trying to sell them as nowadays hes almost never on the tools hes doing more site coordinating… , the sad thing is that he has them listed on kijiji for $300 and people are replying to his post saying their not worth more than $50 however virtually no one locally knows what diamond backs are they think their nothing more than used kunys cordura bags

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have thought about buying a set of DB bags before but never pulled the trigger. I’ve worn Occis for 20 years (2nd set, and still have my first set), don’t know if it woild feel right not having leather bags.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

If you’ve worn Occis that long you should probably stick with them. There’s no telling whether you’ll like a change or not. It’s not as if you can walk into a store and try on the DBs. Having said that though I do find the belt to have great support.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

If you’ve worn Occis that long you should probably stick with them. There’s no telling whether you’ll like a change or not. It’s not as if you can walk into a store and try on the DBs. Having said that though I do find the belt to have great support.

That was my thinking on it. I would hate to buy a set of bags for that kind of money only to have them sit around because I didn’t like them.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

i have yet to try dbs but a friend of mine has a set..

I have thought about buying a set of DB bags before but never pulled the trigger

My former crew mate, the other DWB uses the DB bags and love them.

monman1
    Pro

Here is my toolbelt that i have been useing for 6 years.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ouch those look painful!!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I don’t have a tool belt but I have been thinking of getting one custom made for me from someone who works with leather. I want one stamped with my name and to have some custom molded for tools I specifically want.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for the reminder that I need a tool belt. Been just trying to use the Blaklader x1600 pants most of the time since it has a hammer loop and nail pockets in it. When I’m doing tuckpointing though it’s nice to have 4 different sized slicks and two sized toolers in the tool belt.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I wonder if there are leather belts for the outside with a inner belt with velcro. The inner velcro belt goes between the loops of the pants with the outer belt attaching to the inner one so it makes it super secure.

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I wonder if there are leather belts for the outside with a inner belt with velcro. The inner velcro belt goes between the loops of the pants with the outer belt attaching to the inner one so it makes it super secure.

Google “McRose Leather” and give that guy a call. I haven’t used him but I know lots have and they always have excellent feedback to offer. He will build you anything you want. Don’t bother with his website, he hasn’t updated it in years. He can email you examples though.

Diamondback will also design something for you if you wanted to go the cordura route.

Neither is cheap but you will get the quality you’re paying for.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 319 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.557 seconds