dcsimg

Toolaholic Public Announcement Page V2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Oh boy! Wallet is in the E.R.

Welcome to the club! It’s a great tool. oh the 700 is on my hit list… someday.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Oh boy! Wallet is in the E.R.

It might stay a while too lol

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

@overanalyze congratulations on the new Domino. I’ve had mine now for 2 months and while it was very painful to the wallet I love it.

It’s a fantastic feeling machine. My dominos showed up today! The precision fit is amazing. The sale is what pushed me over the edge. My partner…well he seems ok with it…not thrilled but ok. He has been drug along for all the Festool purchases…lol!

We do have two specific projects I wanted it for immediately. One is exterior trim on our addition project, and the other Is a site built fireplace/mantel.

Of course I have a list of home projects I want to do…maybe the new purchase will motivate me.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

last night i had to make a run to walmart for somethhing but do to a major car accident at the intersection leading to it i went to hd instead until it was cleared up.. came out of there with 10 pencils as my stock is low along with a milwaukee multibit screwdriver that comes packaged with a beer bottle opener that has a screwdriver handle

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

redwood
    Pro

Unless they have new supplier, I never liked those HD pencils. The ones I get from my regular suppliers are much better.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I prefer the Swanson push point pencils, they never get short and stubby and a sharp point is always about 2 secs away.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

It’s a fantastic feeling machine. My dominos showed up today! The precision fit is amazing. The sale is what pushed me over the edge. My partner…well he seems ok with it…not thrilled but ok. He has been drug along for all the Festool purchases…lol!
    We do have two specific projects I wanted it for immediately. One is exterior trim on our addition project, and the other Is a site built fireplace/mantel.

Of course I have a list of home projects I want to do…maybe the new purchase will motivate me.

The biggest thing I’ve noticed is speed – I am much quicker overall with the domino now and alignment is dead on 100% of the time. I found with pocketholes I just didn’t do them enough to get it perfect but with the domino it just made the results so much better. I think you’ll really get to know it well after the first project. Scot had given me a few good tips, pushing from the base and counting to four during the plunge. I think plunging too fast is the easiest mistake to make and will burn up bits.

It’s a fantastic feeling machine. My dominos showed up today! The precision fit is amazing. The sale is what pushed me over the edge. My partner…well he seems ok with it…not thrilled but ok. He has been drug along for all the Festool purchases…lol!<br>

The biggest thing I’ve noticed is speed – I am much quicker overall with the domino now and alignment is dead on 100% of the time. I found with pocketholes I just didn’t do them enough to get it perfect but with the domino it just made the results so much better. I think you’ll really get to know it well after the first project. Scot had given me a few good tips, pushing from the base and counting to four during the plunge. I think plunging too fast is the easiest mistake to make and will burn up bits.

I hope I have read enough and watched enough you tube videos to avoid some of the beginner mistakes. I have been playing with it tonite. You are right, slow, steady plunge and gripping at the base seems to get perfect results.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

After a little practice you can make perfect mortises. With the 500 it really does make a difference to hold the tool at the power cord. The larger one works perfectly with the handle. They are awesome tools for sure.

Orange County, CA

I have a couple of goodies coming my way, but ordering not-via-amazon prime feels like a snails-pace in comparison… I suppose it simply heightens the anticipation 🙂

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have been playing with it tonite. slow, steady plunge and gripping at the base seems to get perfect results.

Sounds like your having a good time with it.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

last night i had to make a run to walmart for somethhing but do to a major car accident at the intersection leading to it i went to hd instead until it was cleared up.. came out of there with 10 pencils as my stock is low along with a milwaukee multibit screwdriver that comes packaged with a beer bottle opener that has a screwdriver handle

They lead on HD pencils always breaks or falls out on me. I don’t know why

They lead on HD pencils always breaks or falls out on me. I don’t know why

They use a soft lead for their pencils, if they get dropped they crack inside the wood and they it falls out in chunks. Switch to hard lead pencils and that problem virtually disappears.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I almost have no doubt that I will get the Domino XL before the promotion runs out the end of June.

Promotion?

I almost have no doubt that I will get the Domino XL before the promotion runs out the end of June.

Promotion?

Any and all Festool Domino products (tools, accessories, etc) are 10% off until end of June (starting May 1). At any retailer as usual

John S

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Needed some electrical tools to do some work in my barns…and all my stuff was on my job…so…

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Needed some electrical tools to do some work in my barns…and all my stuff was on my job…so…

If I bought tools every time that happened, there wouldn’t be any tools left for you guys…

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Well I really need to keep a set of that stuff on the farm all the time…I never know when I’ll need to use it.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Those look pink – at first i thought they were one of those breast cancer awareness tool kits.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 1,019 total)
  • The topic ‘Toolaholic Public Announcement Page V2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.253 seconds