dcsimg

Toolaholic Public Announcement Page V2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s funny how quickly I can become dependent on that digital readout. My battery dies and I think that the thing is useless…. Oh ya, there’s still a scale on the side of it, how does this thing work again?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see it’s gone off the list.
    That’s the first thing a lot of guys got after the Power Box was the 2 batteries and charger that came with the 1/2″ driver.

I see it’s gone off the list.

Which one you talking about? I just emailed Aaron to see if he could change my request to the DDS182-02 brushless 1/2″ drill/driver.<br>
    Was there another one you were referring to?

Aaron is such a champ! Super fast response today. It’s too late to change my request, but now I have something else to add to my wish list, so all’s good. And I look forward to checking out a brushless tool. :)

I think that drill package yer thinking of Dirty was on the old list with the two fatty packs for like 70,000 points…It didn’t come back on the new list exactly like it was. But there is one on there with two skinny packs plus it’s the new brushless for 89,000….. Or, am I not remembering that right 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll probably only use it for quick size identification of thigs(bolts,drillbits, etc.) Haven’t checked the accuracy yet, supposedly good to 1/2 a thou(0.0005″)in decimal or 1/64 in fractional.

Haha Congrats, Looks like I may have started something with these LOL….Does yours do fractions? My cheapie says it’s accurate to that same decimal but I don’t think mine reads fractions. In fact I’m sure it doesn’t, The odds of something being an exact fractional size would be pretty slim anyway, Except for drill bits and I’d want it more accurate then a 64th for that. Congrats again I’m really glad I got mine and I’m sure you will be too

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yep that will be my first reward. I will be sure to post it in the I got a box thread.

Did you get the big corded one?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I’ll probably only use it for quick size identification of thigs(bolts,drillbits, etc.) Haven’t checked the accuracy yet, supposedly good to 1/2 a thou(0.0005″)in decimal or 1/64 in fractional.

Haha Congrats, Looks like I may have started something with these LOL….Does yours do fractions? My cheapie says it’s accurate to that same decimal but I don’t think mine reads fractions. In fact I’m sure it doesn’t, The odds of something being an exact fractional size would be pretty slim anyway, Except for drill bits and I’d want it more accurate then a 64th for that. Congrats again I’m really glad I got mine and I’m sure you will be too

For what I use drill bits for, 64ths is more than accurate enough. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fractional size drill bit in 128ths and I don’t don’t own or need letter or number sizes.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I picked up the small 3″ one a while ago for things like that. I keep it handy in my garage.

Picked up a Kreg Clamp yesterday, finally found an excuse.

Got some Parf dogs.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

My dog was parfing also for a while, then we changed food and that took care of the parfing.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Got some Parf dogs.

Nice.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Parf dogs

Dirty

Dirty — they are like bench dogs for an MFT or MFT style top — can use as stops for a guide rail or material when cutting/routing/sanding/Dominos, etc… Named after the inventor Peter Parfitt.

Orange County, CA

spotted a tool table driving by a yardsale today and had to do a u-turn. got a barely used porter cable pancake compressor for $60 and a really old all-metal sidewinder saw for $10. I of course plugged everything in and checked before buying them. I let the compressor fill and shut off to make sure them regulator was still good.

What brand is that sidewinder? How about a pic?

“ram tools”. i’ll have to get a pic of it later.

used it today and it cuts great.

picture won’t post. don’t know why.

Thatkid
    Pro

Yep that will be my first reward. I will be sure to post it in the I got a box thread.

Did you get the big corded one?

Yes I am getting the 14 amp one which I think will be sweet for demo since we have have 4 of the 11 amp ones at work and have beat the hell out of them and they have kept on going.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dirty — they are like bench dogs for an MFT or MFT style top — can use as stops for a guide rail or material when cutting/routing/sanding/Dominos, etc… Named after the inventor Peter Parfitt.

I see. I kinda understand why he want the cute little holes need to be so perfect too. To get a perfect square and such what not.
    What I’m having a hard time with is why copy the festool MFT so close? Why not go down a different road, like buy some fat bolts and cut the threads off so there is only smooth and drill holes that size. How much do these parf dogs cost? I bet they are more than a buck tree eity. Man I just cleaned the dust and crap from inside my PC. Didn’t think it would ever start again. I’ve never seen so much dust in a PC ever!

Dirty

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Redeemed points in this week for the 14″ benchtop metal cut-off saw. Aaron said I should have my first “box” by the end of next week.

WooHoo!!

(But it’s a bummer starting back out at the bottom of the points again!) 🙁

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Redeemed points in this week for the 14″ benchtop metal cut-off saw.

That is something that I keep forgetting about. I need to get one myself.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Redeemed points in this week for the 14″ benchtop metal cut-off saw.

That is something that I keep forgetting about. I need to get one myself.

Looking forward to getting it. I’m in the process of building/welding a trailer, so it’ll really help.

I see. I kinda understand why he want the cute little holes need to be so perfect too. To get a perfect square and such what not.<br>
    What I’m having a hard time with is why copy the festool MFT so close? Why not go down a different road, like buy some fat bolts and cut the threads off so there is only smooth and drill holes that size. How much do these parf dogs cost? I bet they are more than a buck tree eity.

@DirtyWhiteBoy
    , I really decided to mimic the MFT for two main reasons. The first one being precision. The type projects we are doing more and more of involve building small cabinetry, misc. built-ins, and trim projects. I like that type of work and see us continuing to move direction. 3 years ago the MFT didn’t appeal to me. Actually I don’t have a desire for the Festool version. What I am doing is taking the features of that system I like and incorporating it into my work tables.

The second thing is accessories. I definitely could have gone the 3/4″ route, grabbed my 3/4″ forstener bit, drilled my top, and bought some 3/4″ dogs. The appeal to me for 20mm sizing is the Festool and aftermarket items available. Again the Parf dogs will allow me to make perfect square crosscuts just like the MFT, but significantly cheaper. The small pair is $14.50 and the tall pair was $19.50. They are the most affordable dogs on the market.

As my user name indicates, I tend to overanalyze things like this…lol. I know my reasoning may not work for everyone, but it does for me….most of the time…lol.

Sorry Toolaholics for the slight de-rail. I did buy a tap and drill bit for another small project I am doing today. (there, that’s on topic.)

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Redeemed points in this week for the 14″ benchtop metal cut-off saw. Aaron said I should have my first “box” by the end of next week.

WooHoo!!

(But it’s a bummer starting back out at the bottom of the points again!) :-(

That looks pretty cool — I do not do much work in metal, but I could see how this would be an awesome tool for the purpose. Looking forward to your review.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 1,019 total)
  • The topic ‘Toolaholic Public Announcement Page V2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.925 seconds