dcsimg

Toolaholic Public Announcement Page V2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author

spotted a tool table driving by a yardsale today and had to do a u-turn. got a barely used porter cable pancake compressor for $60 and a really old all-metal sidewinder saw for $10. I of course plugged everything in and checked before buying them. I let the compressor fill and shut off to make sure them regulator was still good.

What brand is that sidewinder? How about a pic?

“ram tools”. i’ll have to get a pic of it later.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This one is a pneumatic stapler. I looked on Amazon, all I could find in DeWalt was one you have to squeeze the handle…

The Dewalt is a squeeze handle stapler but it takes a LOT less effort than most of the other sqeeze staplers.

I won an Arrow brand squeezer a while back and it claimed to be easy, But, Since then I’ve got an electric one that’s much easier LOL. I don’t use any of the manual ones anymore

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have an electric one too. Don’t have a lot of use for it though, but it is nice to have when I need it.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I bought this Bostich stapler the other day…it uses T50 staples. I’m really impressed with it so far, I’ve been putting up batt insulation with it.

I’ve been eyeing this Bostitch one ever since it came out last year. I don’t use a stapler that often, but the air assist sure seems like it would be nicer than the squeeze trigger I have now.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Finally got the dust deputy setup. This thing works GREAT!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Finally got the dust deputy setup. This thing works GREAT!

I keep thinking that would be nice to have setup with multiple inlets like you have. It works well then Brad?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I can’t believe I didn’t do it sooner. Yes it works fantastic. You have to remember to throw the gates open and closed and it isn’t very efficient if you have both gates open.

It makes me want a full on dust collection system, but this is pretty good for now as I just don’t have the room.

Brad T

We have a portable dust collector that slides under our workbench and stays hooked up to our shop table saw. I was thinking this would be nice for our larger trim jobs. Maybe set up close to the miter saw and cut table.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That’s what I am using for, my portable table saw and my mitre saw. I have no complaints.

Brad T

Congrats Brad. Yes, they really do make a big difference in your vac’s efficiency.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Nice Brad, been planning to pick up one of these once I get my mitre saw station built out and dedicating my old shop vac and a dust deputy to that. Did you get the baffle setup from LV?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I picked up 7 more DeWalt Tough Boxxes and the cart from the Heman sale, some bits, blades and other consumables.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I can’t believe I didn’t do it sooner. Yes it works fantastic.

Thank you for making me spend more of my money. Been thinking a lot about this lately, and since that thread Jason did, I think that I’m now sold.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Thank you for making me spend more of my money. Been thinking a lot about this lately, and since that thread Jason did, I think that I’m now sold.

This place can have that effect on you. This really is a must have if you are using a shop vac. I vacuumed the shop with it last night and I got maybe a 1/4 in the vac. Almost filled the cyclone. I think it’s going to do wonders for motor life and efficiency.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

This really is a must have if you are using a shop vac.

Does it improve the suction of the vac or is it simply the efficiency of how it collects the debris?

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I picked up 7 more DeWalt Tough Boxxes and the cart from the Heman sale, some bits, blades and other consumables.

Nice haul. Any pics? I’d love to see if you had some time to do up your van to store the toughboxes.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

nice setup there! @thedude306

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Got home today to a nice big box on the doorstep. Some loot from the Festool video contest. A Sys-Midi toolbox and a shirt and hat. Just when I decided only Festools would go in the systainers they send me an empty toolbox, it’s a big sucker too, not sure what I’ll put in it.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Does it improve the suction of the vac or is it simply the efficiency of how it collects the debris?

That should have been a 1/4 cup in my previous post. I don’t think there was even that. I was doing some power carving tonight and I will take pics of it in the morning.

It doesn’t improve suction, but it maintains it. The vac doesn’t lose suction. Does that make sense? No plugged filter.

I do notice that anything more then about 12 feet after my manifold I do notice a loss of suction.

Brad T

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Oh, and these showed up today. I think this is going to be a perfect set to hold me over until I get more of the bessey Revos. I might even get another set.

Now I need to build some racks!

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,019 total)
  • The topic ‘Toolaholic Public Announcement Page V2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.992 seconds