dcsimg

Toolaholic Public Announcement Page V2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I’ve been trying to save my money lately to get my Jeep back on the road, but I am putting a stash of cash together for a GIANT yard sale coming up in a couple of weeks.
    A community here has an annual sale that consists of about 100+ homes with plenty of items.
    This year I hope to snag a router and maybe some more planes. Wouldn’t mind another Workmate either.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

That all sounds interesting. There is a flea market by us every weekend but I am not so sure I wouldn’t be buying someone’s stolen tool. The yard sales would seem to be owned tools that are being sold.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Yep…sometimes though (as I’ve been to the sale a couple of times), the owner is trying to make money….and I don’t mean that they are trying to make a few bucks off an item they don’t use…they want to sell items for near retail value.
    I’ve seen some of the same tools there in the two times I walked around, so this year I may haggle a bit more.

One guy tried to sell a box of chalkboard chalk for $3…and the $1.25 price tag was still on it.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Yep…sometimes though (as I’ve been to the sale a couple of times), the owner is trying to make money….and I don’t mean that they are trying to make a few bucks off an item they don’t use…they want to sell items for near retail value.<br>
    I’ve seen some of the same tools there in the two times I walked around, so this year I may haggle a bit more.

One guy tried to sell a box of chalkboard chalk for $3…and the $1.25 price tag was still on it.

Hey, hey…..just because he got a good deal on it doesn’t mean you should too!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Would you rather have bad luck to 14 years, or double bad luck for 7?

This is a mute point. I’m married and have been with the same ball and chain for the last 16 years.

Surely some of you have bought a new thing or two in the past week… surely!

I thought I posted the bench dogs I got and the aluminum cutting track saw blade?……………..

Guess that must have been the other thread.

Good chalk is hard to find.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

So be honest. You bought the chalk then saw the price tag?

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

So be honest. You bought the chalk then saw the price tag?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I bought this Bostich stapler the other day…it uses T50 staples. I’m really impressed with it so far, I’ve been putting up batt insulation with it.

Thatkid
    Pro

I bought this Bostich stapler the other day…it uses T50 staples. I’m really impressed with it so far, I’ve been putting up batt insulation with it.

I saw that at lowes the other day and thought it looked pretty well made I like the double trigger instead of a nose to push down I think it is the same one porter cable sells.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I saw that at lowes the other day and thought it looked pretty well made I like the double trigger instead of a nose to push down I think it is the same one porter cable sells.

It was only $40…a hammer tacker like I usually use costs that, and thus is easier on my arm. It uses very little air, the compressor hardly runs at all.

@brianpeters
    – have you ever used the dewalt stapler? I have liked mine for a couple of different projects and it was only $25

John S

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

@brianpeters – have you ever used the dewalt stapler? I have liked mine for a couple of different projects and it was only $25

@supimeister
    , Never seen a Dewalt stapler. Got a model #?

have you ever used the dewalt stapler? I have liked mine for a couple of different projects and it was only $25

I’ve got that one and it’s a nice stapler, and I also have the Makita 18v T50 stapler and of course that one’s even better.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

@supimeister This one is a pneumatic stapler. I looked on Amazon, all I could find in DeWalt was one you have to squeeze the handle…

This one is a pneumatic stapler. I looked on Amazon, all I could find in DeWalt was one you have to squeeze the handle…

The Dewalt is a squeeze handle stapler but it takes a LOT less effort than most of the other sqeeze staplers.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

This one is a pneumatic stapler. I looked on Amazon, all I could find in DeWalt was one you have to squeeze the handle…

The Dewalt is a squeeze handle stapler but it takes a LOT less effort than most of the other sqeeze staplers.

@brianpeters
    – gotcha – I should’ve looked closer at the pic…
    And I agree with Robert – the dewalt is really nice in that it doesn’t take a ton of pressure to shoot.

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Back from vacation to find – my backordered dust collection hood set for my MRC23 router kit. Pretty pumped to have this, can’t wait to see how well it works at collecting some of the dust. I really like the design of the fixed base one especially. Nothing else cool incoming, although I did get a tracking number for my Festool swag from the video contest I entered – should be here on Tuesday – woot!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

have bought a new thing or two in the past week… surely !

Yes,,,I had a major relapse yes o rly!
    Please don’t call me surely

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

spotted a tool table driving by a yardsale today and had to do a u-turn. got a barely used porter cable pancake compressor for $60 and a really old all-metal sidewinder saw for $10. I of course plugged everything in and checked before buying them. I let the compressor fill and shut off to make sure them regulator was still good.

What brand is that sidewinder? How about a pic?

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I might need to buy that little guy

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,019 total)
  • The topic ‘Toolaholic Public Announcement Page V2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.027 seconds