dcsimg

Tool Testers Needed: Impact Tough Drilling & Driving Bits

This topic contains 208 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bethepro 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 209 total)
  • Author

Kinda makes sense as they’re looking for testors. Ahhhh two years, five months, two days and I can retire and start cabinetry full time…..can’t wait till the bits come out. I’m still using my Dewalt oxides but won’t got with Milwaukee.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Kinda makes sense as they’re looking for testors. Ahhhh two years, five months, two days and I can retire and start cabinetry full time…..can’t wait till the bits come out. I’m still using my Dewalt oxides but won’t got with Milwaukee.

Chris, the current Bosch impact bits are quite good. You might give them a try.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Great that they will be released in May. I will definitely get a set once they come out. If anyone gets picked to test these, please check the run out on the drill bits. Every hex drill bit I have seen and used so far has a wobble to the bit because it is not perfectly centered or square to the tip. Hopefully Bosch has cured this minor problem.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I was wondering when these will get on the list and i’ll redeem for them to try them out. I would like to test them against my favourite bit right now.

What’s your favorite bit?

The vega impact bits, i had walked in to atlas machinery downtown toronto and was about to pick up the the wiha impact bits but they suggested this one and so far i really like it. I gave one to @58chev and @utopia78 to see what they thought of it. So far i haven’t had to replace any of the ones i am using.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@r-ice I liked the Vega impact bit until I let someone borrow it last year and they rounded it out. It was a decent bit RIP

I’ll be into grabbing these Bosch ones if they appear on the list.

A Working Pro since 2004

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Chris, the current Bosch impact bits are quite good. You might give them a try.

I’m with you on that Jon, I have a couple of the Bosch impact kits
    I think I scraped just one in say 2 and a half years.

The new ones look nice, kinda have the look of the red Milwaukee

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Is it just me or does it seem like the not impact bits last longer and hold up better. I use the bosch ribbed tip 1″ tips and never have a problem with them. They seam to last longer than the current bosch impact tips and for sure the dewalt and Milwaukee ones.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Awesome I’ve selected to test these bits can’t wait.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

grats! same here 😛
    Can’t wait to get them

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Great that they will be released in May. I will definitely get a set once they come out. If anyone gets picked to test these, please check the run out on the drill bits. Every hex drill bit I have seen and used so far has a wobble to the bit because it is not perfectly centered or square to the tip. Hopefully Bosch has cured this minor problem.

Since the shank will fit loose in hex chuck anyway, I don’t think it matters the drill bit has some runout, no?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Since the shank will fit loose in hex chuck anyway, I don’t think it matters the drill bit has some runout, no?

Exactly. The bit itself isn’t perfectly centered in the 1/4″ chuck, so I would expect some lateral movement.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

grats! same here 😛
    Can’t wait to get them

Congrats guys Have fun testing your new tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am not seeing the wobble as a result of the fit in the chuck but due to the bit not being centered or square.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Just got an email yesterday saying that my bits have shipped and are on the way. Can’t wait to test them out and see how they perform compared to what I’m using now. Hopefully I’ll have them within the next week or so.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Just got an email yesterday saying that my bits have shipped and are on the way. Can’t wait to test them out and see how they perform compared to what I’m using now. Hopefully I’ll have them within the next week or so.

that’s great news Kyle , looking forward to hearing what you think of them , and hoping they come on the market soon , would like to buy them to add to my bit’s .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

that’s great news Kyle , looking forward to hearing what you think of them , and hoping they come on the market soon , would like to buy them to add to my bit’s

It will be cool to use the impact drilling bits like @theamcguy said they are notorious for being a bit wobbly. Best one I ever used were the Norseman brand.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just got an email yesterday saying that my bits have shipped

Great news Kyle. I’ll have to check out the Norseman Bits.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Sweet! I’m looking forward to the review from our trusted members here.

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous

that’s great news Kyle , looking forward to hearing what you think of them , and hoping they come on the market soon , would like to buy them to add to my bit’s

It will be cool to use the impact drilling bits like @theamcguy said they are notorious for being a bit wobbly. Best one I ever used were the Norseman brand.

This will be interesting, I too don’t like to use those little impact bits because of that. Especially in metal where precision is usually needed and I’ve felt the hammering action of an impact on a bit just isn’t a good thing (in metal), It’s not so bad on them in soft wood though. And I do use an impact with the auger bits.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

UPS notification from Bosch
    Looks like my bits are coming in tomorrow.
    Can’t wait to try them out on a couple projects which I was holding on to.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘Tool Testers Needed: Impact Tough Drilling & Driving Bits’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.548 seconds