dcsimg

Tool Testers Needed: Impact Tough Drilling & Driving Bits

This topic contains 208 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bethepro 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 209 total)
  • Author

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Hey BeThePro Pros, we need 6 more…

We have 3 Impact Tough drill driver bits and 1 Impact Tough drill bit that we need our Tool Tester’s assistance with to test and get feedback on. These Impact Tough screw driver and drill bits are newly designed for applications you may be performing every day.

We’re looking for 6 experienced tool testers to test out sets of 3 screw bits and a drill bit. Read below to see the requirements and required tasks that we’re looking to have performed with these accessories.

How to qualify for this test:

Are you a professional deck builder, electrician, or a general contractor who routinely drives hundreds of screws a day with an impact driver? If so, you may be who we are looking for.

If you fulfill these requirements, then write us back with a short summary of your work history as well as upcoming projects that these bits would be put to use on.

What You Will Receive:
    3 #2 – PH2 Philips Impact Tough Driver Bit – ITPH2201
    3 #2 – R2 Robertson Impact Tough Driver Bit – ITSQ2201
    3 #2 – P2R2 Philips Robertson Combo Impact Tough Driver Bit – ITP2R2201
    3 1/8″ IMPACT Titanium Drill Bit – TI2135IM

What You Will Be Required To Perform Once Selected (NOTE – These tasks need to be completed by May 6, 2016):
    1. Provide a rating and written review for Boschtools.com
    2. Write a review that can be used on BeThePro.com (min. 250 words with pictures and/or video in a MS Word document)
    3. Must complete Tool Tester Consent and Release form
    4. Any video/photos submitted must have you with the proper protective gear being worn while using these accessories (i.e. eye protection and gloves)

If you meet the requirements as outlined above and are willing to fulfil the tasks, please email us back (bethepro@bethepro.com) with “I Want to Get Screwed!” in the SUBJECT LINE and a summary of your work history and why you’d be a great tool tester for these accessories in the body of the email. These impact drilling and driving bits will be released in May and you can be one of the first to get your hands on them.

We only need 6 more testers, so please hurry and send us an email if you want to be considered.

NOTE: If you are not a professional but feel you can put these bits through their paces, please note what you would do to test them in your email.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Are these available yet for purchase? I haven’t seen these come out thus far.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Awesome, I sent an email in, hopefully I get picked.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Are these available yet for purchase? I haven’t seen these come out thus far.

I dont think so, thats why jim wants some reviews to be out right before they are released.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

These impact drilling and driving bits will be released in May

I did send a email too – good luck to everyone 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

I wonder how they differ from the existing ones. I have a pile of loose ones, and toss them out as they strip. Better the bit fails then the screw, I figure

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I emailed as well. Hoping to get my hands on a set as well.

I wonder how they differ from the existing ones. I have a pile of loose ones, and toss them out as they strip. Better the bit fails then the screw, I figure

Which bits are you using? The current Bosch bits are top notch!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I emailed as well. Hoping to get my hands on a set as well.

Which bits are you using? The current Bosch bits are top notch!

I love them too, but the robertsons still have a finite life span

Use these

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

they are new to teh market, its pre release testing, their probably geared to go head to head with the milwaukee shockwave 2’s and the newer dewalts, knowing bosch they will actually go toe to toe with the milwakee and who knows maybe comparible to the wera’s.. as for the dewalts every on i know whos bought them have stated that they are bad for shearing off

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

While I would be happy to test them, I am unsure if I will have a project for them in the next month. We have a couple small decks, but I am putting them off until our work load lets up. Everything else we have going is demo and framing.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Seems these has the thinned shock absorption area compare to current Bosch impact bits.

Interesting there’s a P2R2 impact bit. I have the regular P2R2, they work well for phillips but not so much for Robertson.

I would to test them out but I don’t have a project that will require setting a lot of screws before the dead line .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

While I would be happy to test them, I am unsure if I will have a project for them in the next month. We have a couple small decks, but I am putting them off until our work load lets up. Everything else we have going is demo and framing.

I would to test them out but I don’t have a project that will require setting a lot of screws before the dead line .

I am in the same boat. Would be nice to see someone properly review them.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Interesting there’s a P2R2 impact bit. I have the regular P2R2, they work well for phillips but not so much for Robertson.

The P2R2 bits are really made for combo drive screws. They might be okay in one type or the other, but they are best in combo screws.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The P2R2 bits are really made for combo drive screws. They might be okay in one type or the other, but they are best in combo screws.

Huh that never occurred to me lol. I actually use a lot of those combo screws but never thought of using the P2R2 bit. Going to give it a quick try now.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I also don’t drive that many screws on a daily basis . I would like to give them a try sometime though.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m looking forward to hearing the review on the new bits!

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

I simply rarely use Phillips, Robertsons I’m fazing out where I can over Torx, and I’m not doing enough work to warrant the review criteria by the deadline anyways, so I’m out.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I was wondering when these will get on the list and i’ll redeem for them to try them out. I would like to test them against my favourite bit right now.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I was wondering when these will get on the list and i’ll redeem for them to try them out. I would like to test them against my favourite bit right now.

What’s your favorite bit?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘Tool Testers Needed: Impact Tough Drilling & Driving Bits’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.655 seconds