dcsimg

Tool storage development

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I am constantly moving things around. Hoping to revolutionize my truck organization when my l boxes come next week

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Here is the current set up in my truck. I also normally carry a 6ft fiberglass ladder. I tried to take a picture of how big a pain it is to work out of the husky box. I keep it strapped in where it is or else it slides around and causes havoc in the back . I keep most of my power tools in the box and other small random things. I am hoping to get rid of the yellow tool box and maybe even the husky box depending on how good the l boxes work. I like to keep things easy to take in and out depending on what materials I need to carry for work.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

The L-Boxxes look like they will serve you well, Jim. I am looking forward to reading your post on how you like them after you put them to use.

Orange County, CA

Do you have a link for that Scot – sounds interesting, but time consuming indeed.

And I would agree – that some sort of adapter would be quite nice… but I doubt it will ever happen, and I am sure it is easier said than done.

I missed this post…here is a link from FOG…something like this for the L-Boxxes would be cool.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/other-tool-reviews/t-systand/

Orange County, CA

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

I prefer the box systems over the mix of various sized bags and cases. I have a few l-boxxes and they help keep my tools organized. L-boxxes don’t move around in the back of my truck like the odd shaped cases used to. They aren’t perfect. The latches could be beefier, but overall they are miles ahead of what used to come with tools.

Bert

Good thoughts all! Jim – nice and simple setup! It looks very efficient. The l-boxxes seem like they would serve you quite well.

John S

Do you have a link for that Scot – sounds interesting, but time consuming indeed.

And I would agree – that some sort of adapter would be quite nice… but I doubt it will ever happen, and I am sure it is easier said than done.

I missed this post…here is a link from FOG…something like this for the L-Boxxes would be cool.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/other-tool-reviews/t-systand/

Yes! an mft top for the l-boxxes would be sweet indeed!

John S

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I prefer the box systems over the mix of various sized bags and cases. I have a few l-boxxes and they help keep my tools organized. L-boxxes don’t move around in the back of my truck like the odd shaped cases used to. They aren’t perfect. The latches could be beefier, but overall they are miles ahead of what used to come with tools.

Bert,
    thanks for the info! I am looking forward to using the boxes in the back of my truck. can never be organized enough

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Bert – is there a reason you chose the L-boxxes over the dewalt tough cases? That would take care of your concerns for bulletproof storage

John S

would any of you use something along these lines for storing misc tools and whanot in the shop?

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/storage-organization/rockler-portable-storage-system/8529

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

An apron maybe. But not hanging down off a bench like that, Looks like too much unhandy back breaking bending over all day to get something. Maybe hanging on the wall behind the bench.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

would any of you use something along these lines for storing misc tools and whanot in the shop?

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/storage-organization/rockler-portable-storage-system/8529

It does not look bad but I don’t think I would use it. The bags look like dust and dirt collectors to me. I can see those filling up with sawdust and what not pretty quick

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

It does not look bad but I don’t think I would use it. The bags look like dust and dirt collectors to me. I can see those filling up with sawdust and what not pretty quick

My thoughts exactly. Just waiting to be totally filled with sawdust…

John S

It looks easy to get snagged on or worse cut by one of the tools hanging out. I can’t say I would like to reach my tools just off the floor either. Taking a pass on this one. There are better ways to do this.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I think the L-Boxx should come out with a base system that could be used to strap the boxes down in the bed of a truck. I don’t know what design it would be but I think it would be a great addition to the line.

woodman_412

That’s a good idea Jason, I was thinking that the other day about how you could go about making a base of some sort that an l-boxx would clip to.

Dan

danpattison.com

I think the L-Boxx should come out with a base system that could be used to strap the boxes down in the bed of a truck. I don’t know what design it would be but I think it would be a great addition to the line.

Perhaps even some sort of sliding mechanism where you clip it on and then you can easily ‘push’ it further back into the bed of the truck via some sort of track that the boxxes slide on. That way you can stack a couple of l-boxxes, put them onto the track, and then easily slide them to the back of the truck (while keeping them secure within the truck)

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

That is a great idea John S. That is my primary problem.
    Jim at least has the side doors in his topper. Mine only has a rear door. Anything more than three feet up in the truck is out of reach. I spend too much time diggin stuff out of the front of my bed. Your sliding track idea would be a great idea.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

The side windows to come in handy. But a system that Jason and John are talking about would be so awesome. anything to make the truck more efficient would be great.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I agree totally Jim. The problems of the truck bed are what are making me take a long hard look at the Promaster Van. I will probably change vehicles late next year or early 2015.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.370 seconds