dcsimg

Tool RANT of the Day….Aaaargh!

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That’s no good – take that s*#% back! lol

Return it.
    Or it’s too late?

Dewalt is making good on it. I think I was more surprised than disappointed when I parked it on the charger

Too bad about that , but nice to hear DeWalt standing behind the product.
    Did you have to contact them directly , or go threw the place you purchased the battery from.

Called Dewalt toll free #

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I twisted the steel handle of a “come-a-long” ratchet into a pretzel, I am pretty sure I was under the load level for it, they just do not make them like they used to.

They still make them like they used to…. they just use sub-standard steel

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I twisted the steel handle of a “come-a-long” ratchet into a pretzel, I am pretty sure I was under the load level for it, they just do not make them like they used to.

Wow that is really bent. Probably off shore made.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They still make them like they used to…. they just use sub-standard steel

I think you are right about that ,
    We see it in the steel that we have been ordering for the shop lately

It was made in China, it still comes down to what specification for teh steel they are using in order to cut costs.

Will

It was made in China, it still comes down to what specification for teh steel they are using in order to cut costs.

I really wish more people understood this concept. No matter where it is built, someone specified the materials, requirements, tests, everything. If something is sold by a company that uses (insert some location) manufacturing and it is a piece of junk, then the name on the product accepted it to be a piece of junk. Yes, there are differences in different locations as far as manufacturing, but it is your responsibility to make sure the product represents your product brand. I’ve seen problem tools come from all manufacturing locations.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

then the name on the product accepted it to be a piece of junk

While I have to agree with your post, you can’t dismiss how much profit driven acceptance of sub-standard steel has come into play. Unfortuneately it’s the end consumer that pays the price for the result of that profit

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

then the name on the product accepted it to be a piece of junk

While I have to agree with your post, you can’t dismiss how much profit driven acceptance of sub-standard steel has come into play. Unfortuneately it’s the end consumer that pays the price for the result of that profit

But again – that’s on the brand for choosing to be ok with that, what the different countries should be on the hook for is not the quality of production or materials, but the cost of their labor. The product specifications have to be approved by the corporation contracting with them, the real evil is not when a country like China follows our low quality instructions to make a cheap piece of junk, but when they do it while allowing their workers to be paid almost nothing in conditions that lead to death, injury, or permanent disability.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Have a new yellow 4ah battery, drained it once and now it won’t take a charge !!

Man that really sucks.

Dewalt is making good on it. I think I was more surprised than disappointed when I parked it on the charger

Good to hear Dewalt is replacing the battery.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I received and mounted the belt from the belt store in Lousiana, and even though I ordered by the part number it is not the correct belt, it is too short and the wrong style, hopefully the one I ordered from Toolpartsonline is a better fit. I was able to sort of make it work by having it sort of crosswise between two of the midsize pulleys.

Will

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I received and mounted the belt from the belt store in Lousiana, and even though I ordered by the part number it is not the correct belt, it is too short and the wrong style, hopefully the one I ordered from Toolpartsonline is a better fit. I was able to sort of make it work by having it sort of crosswise between two of the midsize pulleys.

That sucks. Online ordering can be so frustrating – especially when you do everything you can and it still ends up getting you the wrong thing.

Charlie

Instagram

jaftwo
    Pro
    San Diego, California

That sucks. Online ordering can be so frustrating – especially when you do everything you can and it still ends up getting you the wrong thing.

You got that right. I needed to replace the front brake rotors on my truck, so I thought since I had Amazon Prime would be the way to go. I had my truck listed on Amazon for parts so chose the 2 rotors, pads, and a couple other items. Everything was listed as in stock. So they ship one rotor! I check the item and it still says “in stock.” So I try chatting with Amazon and they tell me “it’s from a different fulfillment center.” They acted like “whats the big deal?” I tell them it’s like ordering a pair of shoes and only get the right one and put the left one on back order. Then I ordered front wheel bearings and had the same thing happen. Canceled Prime and used the local auto parts stores.

You got that right. I needed to replace the front brake rotors on my truck, so I thought since I had Amazon Prime would be the way to go. I had my truck listed on Amazon for parts so chose the 2 rotors, pads, and a couple other items. Everything was listed as in stock. So they ship one rotor! I check the item and it still says “in stock.” So I try chatting with Amazon and they tell me “it’s from a different fulfillment center.” They acted like “whats the big deal?” I tell them it’s like ordering a pair of shoes and only get the right one and put the left one on back order. Then I ordered front wheel bearings and had the same thing happen. Canceled Prime and used the local auto parts stores.

Haha yeah that’s some strange thing to happen
    I don’t think I’d order brakes on line unless it’s from a high performance Auto parts place , I usually just ordered from the dealership or corner Auto parts place

Good to hear that you fixed it up

Welcome to BTP drop into the introduce yourself forum and say hello

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow that is too bad. I have had this happen once or twice.

I have yet try getting auto parts from Amazon.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have not used amazon for auto parts either. If I order parts on-line it is usually from Rock Auto.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I have not used amazon for auto parts either. If I order parts on-line it is usually from Rock Auto.

I always buy Bosch wiper blades on Amazon.

Really ? Do you get a better price I assume
    I never thought about that , have you ever had any issues when ordering them , I assume no because you posted t this

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I never thought about that , have you ever had any issues when ordering them , I assume no because you posted t this

Much better price than an auto store, no problems. Few other things I have purchased there also without issues

Much better price than an auto store, no problems. Few other things I have purchased there also without issues

Thanks , I’ll have to check them out , I always replace the typical wipers with Bosch blades much better , and definitely last longer.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have had the same results with Bosch, they do last a long time and don’t chatter.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.138 seconds