dcsimg

Tool RANT of the Day….Aaaargh!

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@dirtywhiteboy does it only clog when you use the 90 degree pipe, or even when it’s directly shooting straight out? That sucks or blows lol

It seems to be caused by thin bits of wood get down in there and then clog up. It’s not like the baby bosch with the rooster tail that shoots out the dust pipe.

So the baby blue is better for not clogging up?
    I’m thinking of getting one soon,

To bad about the laser Bosch GPL3
    I almost bought one a month ago, it was at a good price, used, maybe that’s why the guy was selling it
    Hope you can get it resolved

I’ve never had mine clog, but I also don’t run a lot of PT wood through it. Mostly big box dimensional lumber and it’s hooked up to a shop vac.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a GPL3 that is killing me. To get it to come on it needs slapped and when I turn it off it just keeps blinking till I take out a battery. I guess I need a new one.

Those things just aren’t very durable. We have killed three of them in the past few years, and no longer buy them. The Dewalt DW084k has proven the most reliable for us, but it is no longer made so eventually I will have to find something else.

That’s good to know,, I’m in the market now.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Everything seems to be working alright still but my DeWalt drill has started smelling like those old 90’s electric race cars (burning carbon brushes?) and sparking a bunch.

Charlie

Instagram

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Everything seems to be working alright still but my DeWalt drill has started smelling like those old 90’s electric race cars (burning carbon brushes?) and sparking a bunch.

You’re not supposed to use them under water….lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

It’s a ‘Hit or Miss’ with Dewalt. To be expected. Sorry Charlie….only the best tools get to not be in the Rant Thread.

Lol! 😉

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s not good. Hope it’s under warranty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Sounds like it’s time for a tuneup.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Oh man Charlie, not your last couple of weeks with drills, maybe time to get back to the hand held screwdrivers lol
    And to change the brushes, it’s has to be all opened up I assume

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@theamcguy nope…

@boschmanbrian
    seriously. Maybe I will get into hand tools after all!

@doobie
    I’ve never had a problem with any DeWalt tools, and really I’m still not, just nervous after all the bad luck I’ve been having.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow that got suck!!

I have 18V Dewalt drill/driver. I have had for 13 years. It has been a great tool. I used it all the time till I got my Bosch Tools. I have used it tons.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Wow that got suck!!

I have 18V Dewalt drill/driver. I have had for 13 years. It has been a great tool. I used it all the time till I got my Bosch Tools. I have used it tons.

It’s still working alright, i was just washing off the paint mixing paddle and noticed a lot of soarking.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well the Bosch can be the new go to tool to mix paint.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It’s still working alright, i was just washing off the paint mixing paddle and noticed a lot of soarking.

How old of a drill is it?

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

How old of a drill is it?

It’s about four years old, but pretty rarely used.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s not too old at old.

I remember I use to get that smell from my air compressor after I first bought. I blamed it using with a extension cord. I have not smelled that smell in along time now even with using with same extension corded. I have had the air compressor for over 10 years.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I remember I use to get that smell from my air compressor after I first bought. I blamed it using with a extension cord. I have not smelled that smell in along time now even with using with same extension corded. I have had the air compressor for over 10 years.

That’s a good point…maybe it’s just breaking itself in. I hope so.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s a good point…maybe it’s just breaking itself in. I hope so.

I guess it could be possible. Time will tell.

Greg

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

My Milwaukee brushless impact got wet and then hasnt worked. If you take the battery off and put it back on it works for a couple of minutes after that nothing…..click the battery off and back on then it works again….repeat.

Either way annoying, I sent it in for service, we’ll see

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

My Milwaukee brushless impact got wet and then hasnt worked. If you take the battery off and put it back on it works for a couple of minutes after that nothing…..click the battery off and back on then it works again….repeat.

Hopefully you get it back quickly and in good running order. How wet did it get, a slight drizzle, or a decent down poor?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did you try putting it in a bag with a lot of rice?? Also spraying it out with electric motor cleaner has worked for me.

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.317 seconds