dcsimg

Tool RANT of the Day….Aaaargh!

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

This freaking ps32!!! It was working just fine and I went to take out a couple of screws and it sounded like the motor disengaged whatever gears there are inside that chuck – the whole thing sounded like it was grating on itself! @dadgineer, ever heard of that happening? It’s a pretty lightly used drill, one of my newest tools, and it has had so many problems :/

Ugh, I guess I won’t be using it up to when the new housing was supposed to come in.

Oh wow Charlie that is not good. I how you can get this matter resolved.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

This freaking ps32!!! It was working just fine and I went to take out a couple of screws and it sounded like the motor disengaged whatever gears there are inside that chuck – the whole thing sounded like it was grating on itself!

Again? At this point, I’d just ask for a replacement for it. Would this be its third or fourth time in Charlie?

yellaD
    Pro

Yeah no doubt there’s a lot of fear mongering going on. As I get more into it, hopefully I can sort through the fluff. Apparently Canada, very recently, is changing to private insurance paying first, and then OHIP after.
    This will affect a lot!

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This freaking ps32!!! It was working just fine and I went to take out a couple of screws and it sounded like the motor disengaged whatever gears there are inside that chuck – the whole thing sounded like it was grating on itself!

Again? At this point, I’d just ask for a replacement for it. Would this be its third or fourth time in Charlie?

That’s what I’m hoping, this will be it’s third time :/

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

This freaking ps32!!! It was working just fine and I went to take out a couple of screws and it sounded like the motor disengaged whatever gears there are inside that chuck – the whole thing sounded like it was grating on itself! @dadgineer, ever heard of that happening? It’s a pretty lightly used drill, one of my newest tools, and it has had so many problems :/

Ugh, I guess I won’t be using it up to when the new housing was supposed to come in.

Sounds to me like someone needs to bite the bullet, say I’m sorry and replace the whole thing. You have had nothing but grief from that drill.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Sounds to me like someone needs to bite the bullet, say I’m sorry and replace the whole thing. You have had nothing but grief from that drill.

I can only hope. I’ll call the shop tomorrow and let them know it’s no longer just a housing issue…fingers crossed, but most likely it’ll be another five to six week wait before it gets back to me :/

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ll call the shop tomorrow and let them know it’s no longer just a housing issue

Hope you get it back sooner.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I can only hope. I’ll call the shop tomorrow and let them know it’s no longer just a housing issue…fingers crossed, but most likely it’ll be another five to six week wait before it gets back to me :/

I might take that long. If they decide to give new. You would think the repairs will be close to the price of a new one. I would be interested to hear what happen to it. I hope works out for you this time.

Greg

Doobie

Can’t help but think Jim would have stepped in by now and taken care of this lemon of a drill.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Can’t help but think Jim would have stepped in by now and taken care of this lemon of a drill.

I guess those are things we miss not having Jim around. I would hope Charlie gets new one this time.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I had a problem today with my Colt. I was notching some dog holes and couldn’t seem to hold the depth setting. Either the bit was walking out of the collet or the base plate was shifting. I’m inclined to think the bit/collet connection was the culprit but not sure. PITA to have to reset the depth after every cut. Fortunately it wasn’t a critical cut.

Any ideas?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Good news! I took my drill in to the mechanics today and they took me right back to the tech. He took the drill apart found that the spring that attaches to he speed selector switch had come out of its track, so he popped it back in place, closed everything back up, and it seems to be working good as new (for now?).

Charlie

Instagram

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Sounds like fast service. Glad its going again and hope it stays going.

Doobie

Good news! I took my drill in to the mechanics today and they took me right back to the tech. He took the drill apart found that the spring that attaches to he speed selector switch had come out of its track, so he popped it back in place, closed everything back up, and it seems to be working good as new (for now?).

Hopin three times the charm for you on this Charlie. 👍

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks guys, I’m hoping it stays going now too.

@smallerstick
    I had that problem with an old craftsman router of mine – no matter how hard I tightened the collet the bits still slowly dropped out of it. It was a little scary actually. Maybe try replacing the collet? The only other thing I can think that would be worn would be the part on the end of the motor shaft the collet wedges into, but if that’s worn I’d imagine it would be a much bigger pain to replace.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My tool rant of the day is the new Skil tablesaw!!! It’s a fail!!! It’s dust shoot clogs up all the time. With a vac hooked to it clogs! With a bucket under it clogs!! It has a bad design.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I

My tool rant of the day is the new Skil tablesaw!!! It’s a fail!!! It’s dust shoot clogs up all the time. With a vac hooked to it clogs! With a bucket under it clogs!! It has a bad design.

I’d love to see some pictures of the dust chute – I though it was just like the Bosch gts1031 and I’ve never had it clog…

What are you cutting on it?

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Can’t get much clearer than that. If it clogs with a vac hooked up to it must be a poor design.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s not good at all.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Wow, I’m surprised no one caught this problem way earlier,
    Not that it makes a difference, but is the wood wet,
    Just curious, even if it’s wet, I know it should not clog, someting wong 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.279 seconds