dcsimg

Tool RANT of the Day….Aaaargh!

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

The saga of this ps32 continues – today I was using it to mix up some peanut butter (you know, as one does) and one of he screws holding the body together just popped right off. Not like it hadn’t been screwed in all the way, but it just sheared off leaving some of it in the housing. So I called the repair shop right away since they had just done some work on it not two weeks ago! Luckily they were open and I was able to drop it off and should get it back by Monday. But man! That drill has had some bad luck!

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But man! That drill has had some bad luck!

It sure has, glad they will take care of it right away.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The saga of this ps32 continues – today I was using it to mix up some peanut butter (you know, as one does) and one of he screws holding the body together just popped right off. Not like it hadn’t been screwed in all the way, but it just sheared off leaving some of it in the housing. So I called the repair shop right away since they had just done some work on it not two weeks ago! Luckily they were open and I was able to drop it off and should get it back by Monday. But man! That drill has had some bad luck!

Man, you have had nothing but bad luck with that tool. I sure hope they can get it right this time.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Peanut butter? They should just give you a new drill and chalk that one up as a lemon. Hope they get you fixed up.

Oh well, good thing it didn’t fall into the peanut butter. Should be an easy fix

I mean the screw didn’t fall into the peanut butter lol not the drill lol

Doobie

Those drills are hardly meant for peanut butter use. Same with a lot of bigger drills that folks use to mix mortars and such. They make mortar mixing drills that are intended for that task, although I doubt anybody makes a drill intended for peanut butter. Lol!

Clev08
    Pro

Peanut butter? They should just give you a new drill and chalk that one up as a lemon. Hope they get you fixed up.

I agree Bosch is most likely paying the repair shop and at this point they’ve probably spent more than it would cost to replace your drill.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow that really sucks. Well really it is only a screw. Maybe it was tight enough. Your lucky you close to the repair shop. Hope this will last time you have to go there with this tool.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Those drills are hardly meant for peanut butter use. Same with a lot of bigger drills that folks use to mix mortars and such. They make mortar mixing drills that are intended for that task, although I doubt anybody makes a drill intended for peanut butter. Lol!

I hadn’t thought about that – I figure if it can run at near max rpm without bogging down it should be fine, right? I don’t want to have to bring in my hdh181 every time we break out a new Costco Adam’s, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Follow up on the ps32 – I picked it up today since it runs just fine, but the shop said they had to order a whole new housing since the screw broke off inside the current housing. Such a bummer really, but nice to get new housing!

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Follow up on the ps32 – I picked it up today since it runs just fine, but the shop said they had to order a whole new housing since the screw broke off inside the current housing. Such a bummer really, but nice to get new housing!

So, a piece at a time, you have practically got a new tool. Glad they turned this one around a little quicker.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Good to hear you got it back, hopefully you can have it running for the next few years.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Such a bummer really, but nice to get new housing!

Practically a new tool now. Nice it got fixed fast.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Well, not quite new yet – they just told me to pick it up for now since it runs just fine while they wait for the new housing to be ordered and shipped out. They’re pretty backlogged with repair orders, so instead of having me waiting they just told me I could hang on to my drill and then bring it back once they have the parts.

But soon it will be all brand new.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well, not quite new yet – they just told me to pick it up for now since it runs just fine while they wait for the new housing to be ordered and shipped out. They’re pretty backlogged with repair orders, so instead of having me waiting they just told me I could hang on to my drill and then bring it back once they have the parts.

But soon it will be all brand new.

That is too bad they didn’t fixed for you. So another trip too the repair shop when the housing comes in. Well a least you can use till then.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This freaking ps32!!! It was working just fine and I went to take out a couple of screws and it sounded like the motor disengaged whatever gears there are inside that chuck – the whole thing sounded like it was grating on itself! @dadgineer, ever heard of that happening? It’s a pretty lightly used drill, one of my newest tools, and it has had so many problems :/

Ugh, I guess I won’t be using it up to when the new housing was supposed to come in.

Charlie

Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

This freaking ps32!!! It was working just fine and I went to take out a couple of screws and it sounded like the motor disengaged whatever gears there are inside that chuck – the whole thing sounded like it was grating on itself! @dadgineer, ever heard of that happening? It’s a pretty lightly used drill, one of my newest tools, and it has had so many problems :/

Ugh, I guess I won’t be using it up to when the new housing was supposed to come in.

Man You definitely got a lemon with this one.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s certainly how it seems. Although they just supposedly replaced the whole motor just a few weeks ago so I’m not sure if this is a factory issue or caused by the repair person. Either way, I’m really tired of not being able to use my tool.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This freaking ps32!!!

Oh man that is too bad, hope you get it fixed soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s certainly how it seems. Although they just supposedly replaced the whole motor just a few weeks ago so I’m not sure if this is a factory issue or caused by the repair person. Either way, I’m really tired of not being able to use my tool.

Oh man, looks like you got a Monday or Friday drill lol
    That’s definitely to bad Charlie, hopefully they see all the trouble and decide to just replace the whole drill / driver this time around,
    I have never really heard of someone having this much trouble with any Bosch tools.
    Good luck getting it resolved Charlie, keep us posted

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.143 seconds