dcsimg

Tool RANT of the Day….Aaaargh!

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I haven’t had health insurance in 15 years. I can buy it but it would take over half my pay.

I have been very fortunate to be covered through my wifes policy for many years. Have you ever looked into the possibility of getting a policy through Obama care? One of my employees had one a while back and it covered just the big stuff I think.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Did I derail this one?

I think you might have!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Did I derail this one?

Nah I don’t think so,
    It’s not like that’s never happened here before 🙂
    good discussion from my point of view,
    Might be worth opening a thread on work related health care?
    Interesting to see the difference

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Did I derail this one?

Nah I don’t think so,

I agree it has happen before. Your right Brian it was a good discussion. I believe there was any harm done.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Did I derail this one?

Not sure if it was you, but it is certainly derailed.

Not a big deal though. I just read back a bit and caught some stuff I had missed. 28K for a family of four for HC! Holy crap! Man you guys missed the easy boat to a Universal HC system a few generations ago like other advanced countries did after the war. Too many special interest groups and their well funded lobbiests along with BS rhetoric affecting the actions of your politicians.

I admire the US and its people in so many ways, I truly do, but this is one area I just shake my head. There should be a constitutional amendment that says that no systematic group of enterprises can be allowed to exist if it is not for the good of all the people.

Your country represents the pinaccles of democracy, freedoms, and justice the rest of the world tries to emulate or people want their countries to evolve to. I just don’t get why universal health care doesn’t yet fit into that matrix of values and is not a pillar of US society. The idea of this Herd Management 101 that the poor or less fortunate should suffer or die is OK just doesn’t add up for me. I know….the world isn’t perfect. Nuff said.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Did I derail this one?

Nah I don’t think so,

Great idea, Brian. I think you should go ahead and do that. The issues of work related injuries and treatment are important to everyone here, I’m sure.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Did I derail this one?

Not sure if it was you, but it is certainly derailed.

Not a big deal though. I just read back a bit and caught some stuff I had missed. 28K for a family of four for HC! Holy crap! Man you guys missed the easy boat to a Universal HC system a few generations ago like other advanced countries did after the war. Too many special interest groups and their well funded lobbiests along with BS rhetoric affecting the actions of your politicians.

I admire the US and its people in so many ways, I truly do, but this is one area I just shake my head. There should be a constitutional amendment that says that no systematic group of enterprises can be allowed to exist if it is not for the good of all the people.

Your country represents the pinaccles of democracy, freedoms, and justice the rest of the world tries to emulate or people want their countries to evolve to. I just don’t get why universal health care doesn’t yet fit into that matrix of values and is not a pillar of US society. The idea of this Herd Management 101 that the poor or less fortunate should suffer or die is OK just doesn’t add up for me. I know….the world isn’t perfect. Nuff said.

The really sad part is that it hurts the middle class more than anyone else. Even some with insurance can’t afford the high deductibles and copays. Those without, can still get basic emergency care, without paying a dime.

yellaD
    Pro

Just getting into the insurance industry and from the little bit that I’ve gathered is that Ontario Health plan does expect you to get some individual plan for yourself to cover all the loopholes/lapses. Most work/group plans are great for the person that’s extremely high risk (smokers, diabetics) because it’s impossible for those people to get individual personal insurance.

yellaD
    Pro

Bid Blue is carrying worse and worse brands, and discontinuing to carry items/brands that I love. I seen more and more Mastercraft stuff and less Senco and Makita stuff for instance.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here in Hawaii it is required that every full time employee have health Inc. from the employer. I think the employer has to pay up to half or 2/3rds of it. What that means is there are a lot of part timers here. I should have first level inc. kicking in from this job in a week or 2.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I should have first level inc. kicking in from this job in a week or 2.

Nice glad this job is working out for you.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Here in Hawaii it is required that every full time employee have health Inc. from the employer. I think the employer has to pay up to half or 2/3rds of it. What that means is there are a lot of part timers here. I should have first level inc. kicking in from this job in a week or 2.

Man that’s great.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man that’s great.

We do have a good system here. Many want it to be a model for the other states.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man that’s great.

Man you guys up late

Dirty

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Man that’s great.

Man you guys up late

You musta had a good night to be posting this time of the day.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Man that’s great.

We do have a good system here. Many want it to be a model for the other states.

Sure sounds like you are on to a winning system.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Good stuff for you DirtyWhiteBoy

To bad about the guys who are part time, guess they get the end of the stick.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those are students that should be covered by their parents or some McDonalds jobs. There are more full time jobs here than there are people to fill them. You guys can keep your paying for those that won’t work to support them. I want to support my family first. Something need to be done with out health care system. Every one knows that Inc. and banks are the richest companies in the country but turning the health inc over to the government isn’t the answer here.

Dirty

Those are students that should be covered by their parents or some McDonalds jobs. There are more full time jobs here than there are people to fill them. You guys can keep your paying for those that won’t work to support them. I want to support my family first. Something need to be done with out health care system. Every one knows that Inc. and banks are the richest companies in the country but turning the health inc over to the government isn’t the answer here.

Ah okay, I thought you were talking about trades that were part time,
    We have those part time employees here for that work in the fast food restaurants, or else where,
    What really, I thought banks were honest and thoughtful to us their customers Lmao,

Doobie

Just getting into the insurance industry and from the little bit that I’ve gathered is that Ontario Health plan does expect you to get some individual plan for yourself to cover all the loopholes/lapses.

They’re just telling you that to get you to sell their stuff.

Most work/group plans are great for the person that’s extremely high risk (smokers, diabetics) because it’s impossible for those people to get individual personal insurance.

More lies!

Careful what they feed you. Some of these insurance company managers and trainers will train some people to be crooks/peddlers.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.246 seconds