dcsimg

Tool RANT of the Day….Aaaargh!

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Do you guys have fun page for your own glasses, we are lucky, we get new glasses every two years, the company pays for them.

No, I have pay for my own glasses but I have insurance that covers a lot of it.

Oh okay, the company pays for our Safety prescription glasses,we can get them every two years, but for personal, we have insurance plus every two years we get 350 for personal glasses,

Wow that’s a good company you work for.. I’m surprised the government health care doesn’t cover your glasses?

Unless you are on welfare/social assistance, our universal health care doesn’t cover glasses. Just group employee or private bought supplemental health insurance care with a vision rider would cover some up to a dollar limit here in Canada. Same goes for dental and RX drugs for the most part.

No dental or RX drugs,, Man what up wit dat??

The governments are actually working on that currently. Some of it is at the provincial level and in fact, just this past January, they made drugs free for kids under 25 years old in Ontario. The same guy who was at the helm of that here in Ontario has now gone on to work at the federal level to possibly introduce that accross the country. Whether eventually most drugs are free here one day for everybody remains to be seen, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were in the not too distant future.

We don’t have near the resistance from big controlling lobbyiest oriented big drug and med companies you guys have in the US. Our political base is a lot less to the right as well with a more centrist style of governing with more ideology of helping everybody rather than for only the deserving class or those who can ‘afford it’ in our society. Sorry, I’m not meaning to offend anybody with that statement, just describe the overall political scenes and how Canada is different in these areas than the US.

On the dental side, governments here in Canada have tinkered with offering some basic covered dental needs off and on for decades now, but nothing yet other than covering basic dentistry needs for those on social assistance/welfare. The dental associations who represent dentists have always stood up and strongly resisted this. But one day it’ll probably happen.

Some free dental might be sooner than people think here in Ontario at least, depending on who wins a provincial election this coming Thursday here in our province. It’s been part of one of the platforms of one of the political parties who may get elected into office and who is one of the two political parties neck and neck leading in the polls right now.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This tape sucks. I bought it because I needed a tape less than 10 years old that actually worked and this one seemed like it could be good, but it’s supposed hold itself wherever you pull it out to and then the button releases it so it can wind back up. But it just slips and slips and I’m constantly accidentally bumping the release so that it’s impossible to keep the tape still. And there’s no way to put MORE pressure on the holding mechanism. I’m done with this thing.

Here’s a slide show of me just holding it and taking four pictures over the course of a few seconds.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Our political base is a lot less to the right as well with a more centrist style of governing with more ideology of helping everybody rather than for only the deserving class or those who can ‘afford it’ in our society. Sorry, I’m not meaning to offend anybody with that statement, just describe the overall political scenes and how Canada is different in these areas than the US.

No offense here,No one here is denied health care , heck in fact if you are here illegally you even get free health care. I never want government health care. I never singed up for the Obama care but did have to pay extra taxes for not singing up. I don’t have heath care now but hope to get some soon.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I haven’t had health insurance in 15 years. I can buy it but it would take over half my pay.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I haven’t had health insurance in 15 years. I can buy it but it would take over half my pay.

I hear you there, 28K for a family of 4 + 13K deductible.

Government says it is un-affordable if it is more than 8% of your income. In our area you need to make 350K to have your healthcare deemed affordable for a family of 4. More if you include the deductible.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Government says it is un-affordable if it is more than 8% of your income. In our area you need to make 350K to have your healthcare deemed affordable for a family of 4. More if you include the deductible.

Healthcare is one thing we tend to take for granted here in Canada. I had no idea that insurance is so expensive in the US.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Healthcare is one thing we tend to take for granted here in Canada. I had no idea that insurance is so expensive in the US.

Wow. Same here. Makes me so glad for the Canadian system. When I look at my family and the various medical interventions over the years, we have definitely received our share above and beyond what was paid in taxes. My son spent almost two months in an incubator. Looked it up, that would have cost as much as my house.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I think that I could retire now with a disability however I can’t afford to go to the doctor to get tests and documentation. Even if I did they say it takes 2 years and a lawyer to get a disability.

Wow, just poked in here, I had no idea the costs of health care insurance in the USA, like Kurt mentioned with a family of four, plus the deductible? Wow,

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but after the 13K deductible, are there still restrictions or is coverage unlimited?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow, just poked in here, I had no idea the costs of health care insurance in the USA, like Kurt mentioned with a family of four, plus the deductible? Wow,

I guess I realize the cost of health care insurance in the USA either. I guess we pretty lucky here up here. I am also happy to Dental & Health benefits threw work. I have to pay a portion of it. I get good use of these benefits. I was happy to have coverage when I was off sick for 3 weeks. I was paid for 2 of the 3 weeks off.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but after the 13K deductible, are there still restrictions or is coverage unlimited?

It also depends a lot on where you live – the health insurance markets change state to state and also depend on income with lower income households getting more subsidies under the current regulations. I feel pretty fortunate since my work covers my health insurance pretty well, and I make little enough that the state covers my kids. We pay for my wife on a pretty low cost, high-ish deductible plan and that’s only about $150/ month with I think a $3K/ year deductible. It doesn’t cover everything and after the deductible it still only covers most of the common big expenses about 80%.

If anything big we’re to happen (like cancer or a big accident) it would destroy us financially…but we’re pretty young and healthy at this point, so we just hope that’s not going to be an option.

Even though we have health insurance, I still constantly look at Canada with a significant amount of envy. Maybe someday we’ll go that way in the US. I can dream, right?

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

This tape sucks. I bought it because I needed a tape less than 10 years old that actually worked and this one seemed like it could be good, but it’s supposed hold itself wherever you pull it out to and then the button releases it so it can wind back up. But it just slips and slips and I’m constantly accidentally bumping the release so that it’s impossible to keep the tape still. And there’s no way to put MORE pressure on the holding mechanism. I’m done with this thing.

Here’s a slide show of me just holding it and taking four pictures over the course of a few seconds.

I’d toss it. Or simply return it to where you bought it and get your money back. Unless you bought it at a dollar store, most retailers will take it back even if it isn’t technically busted and just a crappily engineered tool.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It also depends a lot on where you live – the health insurance markets change state to state and also depend on income with lower income households getting more subsidies under the current regulations. I feel pretty fortunate since my work covers my health insurance pretty well, and I make little enough that the state covers my kids. We pay for my wife on a pretty low cost, high-ish deductible plan and that’s only about $150/ month with I think a $3K/ year deductible. It doesn’t cover everything and after the deductible it still only covers most of the common big expenses about 80%.

If anything big we’re to happen (like cancer or a big accident) it would destroy us financially…but we’re pretty young and healthy at this point, so we just hope that’s not going to be an option.

Even though we have health insurance, I still constantly look at Canada with a significant amount of envy. Maybe someday we’ll go that way in the US. I can dream, right?

It’s a really important concern, for sure.

A number of years ago my wife was in Scotland and had an emergency requiring a trip to hospital. The physician treating her recognized that, as a Canadian, she wasn’t covered by their National Health program. He explained that he wasn’t sure how to go about billing her for the visit and, besides, the administrative cost of billing was probably higher than the cost of treatment so away you go and have a good day.

Wow, thanks for the great information Charlie,
    It’s very interesting to see how different the health care system is from Canada to the USA, and as you mentioned from state to state,
    Good eye opener for some of us.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

A number of years ago my wife was in Scotland and had an emergency requiring a trip to hospital. The physician treating her recognized that, as a Canadian, she wasn’t covered by their National Health program. He explained that he wasn’t sure how to go about billing her for the visit and, besides, the administrative cost of billing was probably higher than the cost of treatment so away you go and have a good day.

Wow. That’s awful.

Was she able to get help some other way?

That’s basically the rub, isn’t it? It’s a big huge complicated issue with good intentions, warring needs, and complex relationships on all sides, but it pretty much comes down to crappy patient care most of the time and in most places however you look at it. And that’s in places that even have health care as an option to begin with.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Wow. That’s awful.

That’s basically the rub, isn’t it? It’s a big huge complicated issue with good intentions, warring needs, and complex relationships on all sides, but it pretty much comes down to crappy patient care most of the time and in most places however you look at it. And that’s in places that even have health care as an option to begin with.

Sorry, I must have not been clear, the treatment was done with no concerns for eligibility but no charge was made because of the complications in billing.

That’s one of the benefits of having universal health care; all of the paperwork around billing, collecting, approvals, coverage and those other details does not exist.

Doobie

Wow. That’s awful.

You may have misread it. I read it as the physician did give treatment but couldn’t be bothered dealing with the billing and sent her away doing it as a freebie.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Wow. That’s awful.

You may have misread it. I read it as the physician did give treatment but couldn’t be bothered dealing with the billing and sent her away doing it as a freebie.

Wow, well, I doubt anything like that would have happened in the States…just goes to show how my experience colors the way I interpret things!

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did I derail this one?

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.216 seconds