dcsimg

Tool RANT of the Day….Aaaargh!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

No matter how I tried, I couldn’t figure out how what seems to be another nanny childproof device to allow the gas to pour from this weird spigot on this gas can I bought recently. Even the guys at HD where I bought it knew not how it unlocks to allow gas to flow. It’s going back!

i’ve seen those fancy ones, i haven’t used it.Just go to canadian tire and buy the old school one where it just pours out.

Oh boy, guess I’m outside the loop on this, I have had mine for so long, haven’t even looked at any new ones, but yeah I could see that spring loaded safety being a pain in the rump

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but yeah I could see that spring loaded safety being a pain in the rump

They are plus with no vent the gas kinda trickles out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

No matter how I tried, I couldn’t figure out how what seems to be another nanny childproof device to allow the gas to pour from this weird spigot on this gas can I bought recently. Even the guys at HD where I bought it knew not how it unlocks to allow gas to flow. It’s going back!

i’ve seen those fancy ones, i haven’t used it.Just go to canadian tire and buy the old school one where it just pours out.

Oh boy, guess I’m outside the loop on this, I have had mine for so long, haven’t even looked at any new ones, but yeah I could see that spring loaded safety being a pain in the rump

OR @doobie, you can try this one
    http://www.hammacher.com/Product/89820?promo=search&cmp=cel&trigger=ac&query=gas

its a no tilt gas canister.

Doobie

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/89820?promo=search&cmp=cel&trigger=ac&query=gas

I’m fine with a plain old normal spigot type. When I bought that one with the weird spigot, I didn’t know it had that weird frustration tamper proof spigot. When I got it home and realized it had that kind of spigot I just assumed it was some kind of newly regulated thing and all gas cans were like that. Once I saw the normal ones were stil available, I just went and bought one of them and returned that first one I bought.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I’m fine with a plain old normal spigot type. When I bought that one with the weird spigot, I didn’t know it had that weird frustration tamper proof spigot. When I got it home and realized it had that kind of spigot I just assumed it was some kind of newly regulated thing and all gas cans were like that. Once I saw the normal ones were stil available, I just went and bought one of them and returned that first one I bought.

I agree I am fine with older type. I don’t own any and don’t plan on owning any.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

and my cats paw dissapeared again today,, im pretty sure someone on the crew took it from my tool kit when i was arond teh corner… they seem to think becasue i have more tools than them its ok for them to just take the stuff without asking…

sooner or later someones gonna get their tires slashed because of it

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

They are plus with no vent the gas kinda trickles out.

The ones I’ve seen vent through that “safety” collar at the base of the spout. Hold the gas can with one hand, twist the safety collar/vent with the other, pull back on the spout with your other hand and with your 4th hand have a rag ready cause they tend to leak through the vent and out around the collar all over your equipment

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

the ones I have seen have a little lip to put on the fill hole of the equipment then push down on the gas tank and it lets the fuel flow. I have replaced all mine with accessory spouts.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Get yourself a steel NATO gas can, it will be the last gas can you ever buy (well maybe more NATO gas cans).

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

and my cats paw dissapeared again today,, im pretty sure someone on the crew took it from my tool kit when i was arond teh corner… they seem to think becasue i have more tools than them its ok for them to just take the stuff without asking…

Don’t you put some spray paint or something on your tools?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

That sucks. Just casually mention how you have a fungus disease and nobody will touch your tools. Lol!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That sucks. Just casually mention how you have a fungus disease and nobody will touch your tools. Lol!

That ought to do the trick.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Haha, glad I don’t work with you lol, couldn’t afford new tires.

Yes I can relate, when I used to work with my partner, I remember he always used to ask, lend me your pliers, hey lend me your pry bar, hey pass me your square, and so on, I used to say, hey come on Angelo put your tools in your tool belt, his complaints were, the belt gets to heavy lol, but Wtf am I supposed to do lol

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Don’t you put some spray paint or something on your tools?

i put spray paint on the hand tools that others on the crew have the exam same one… they just like grabbing my stuff and not telling me.. countless times ive found my tools laying around the site which i didnt even take off my truck..

i use my own trim gear when doing finish work… ive found my lboxx 1’s in another end of a house from where i had them tucked away and wide open… with my supply of grk screws gone along with the bits laying around on the floor… i keep everything locked down now when the others are on site

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

When I started working just after high school it was as a mechanic at a trucking company. Most of my meager wages went toward buying basic hand tools for my tool box that sat on a bench in the shop. After many instances of them going missing I started taking what I needed out of it and then locking it back up. Once I got asked by a truck driver why my box was locked, he needed a screwdriver. I told him that my tools have been going missing and I couldn’t afford that. Truck drivers were making 5x what I was and I can’t afford to be supplying them with tools. Of course he claimed it was not him taking the tools, to which I replied that he was the only one asking to get into the box….and that he was asking to get into it AFTER he found it locked instead of asking me if he could borrow a tool first.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I was frustrated today looking for a new set of pouches. Stores seem to carry fewer and fewer choices. Even then getting a good layout of the pouches is getting more difficult. I cannot believe how many i looked at with no slot for a speed square.

Yes occidental are nice but $$$$ and their layouts are not conducive to non residential framers

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

When I started working just after high school it was as a mechanic at a trucking company. Most of my meager wages went toward buying basic hand tools for my tool box that sat on a bench in the shop. After many instances of them going missing I started taking what I needed out of it and then locking it back up. Once I got asked by a truck driver why my box was locked, he needed a screwdriver. I told him that my tools have been going missing and I couldn’t afford that. Truck drivers were making 5x what I was and I can’t afford to be supplying them with tools. Of course he claimed it was not him taking the tools, to which I replied that he was the only one asking to get into the box….and that he was asking to get into it AFTER he found it locked instead of asking me if he could borrow a tool first.

I had a similar problem. I was working with Millwrights removing & installing equipment in a factory. There was this one Millwright who would ask to borrow my tools. He never brought my tools back. I always has ask for them back. I was lucky getting them back. But I had my name engraved on every tool. He asked why my name was on my tools. Yes he made more money then I did. I to borrow tools but I always returned them.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Kamster
    Pro

Had one of these too. I tried it with water first and couldn’t get the valve to open. Back it went. But apparently Home Depot doesn’t have a problem selling them as they are constantly in stock (or maybe the stock hasn’t moved in years and I’m the guy who bought one)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

i keep everything locked down now when the others are on site

That’s a messed up way to have to work,, I know how it is. We can not on big jobs leave our batteries on a charger at the power box or some cock roach will pick it as they walk by. We need to run a cord to our work area to charge them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I was frustrated today looking for a new set of pouches. Stores seem to carry fewer and fewer choices. Even then getting a good layout of the pouches is getting more difficult. I cannot believe how many i looked at with no slot for a speed square.

Yes occidental are nice but $$$$ and their layouts are not conducive to non residential framers

I use the cheap box store leather pouches my square fits the top spot Nicly

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.604 seconds