dcsimg

Tool RANT of the Day….Aaaargh! V2

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I bought a DeWalt bit set.

DISAPPOINTING!!!

First thing I tried to use, the bit holder. Can’t even get a bit to fit into the socket…why?

Once I put a bit in, it won’t come out until I use a plier and wiggle it out after a minute or two.

On close examination, I figured it out.

The bit holder is magnetic. Then there is a small groove on the inside of the holder, where a C ring can be seen which I assume it’s role is to prevent the magnet from falling out.

Only problem is, that ring is slightly smaller in size then a hex bit. You have to use gorilla force to push a bit past that ring.

TERRIBLE DESIGN DEWALT and NO QUALITY CONTROL!!!

Wow that really sucks. I never heard of this happening before. Did you take it back where you bought it?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I bought a DeWalt bit set.

DISAPPOINTING!!!

First thing I tried to use, the bit holder. Can’t even get a bit to fit into the socket…why?

Once I put a bit in, it won’t come out until I use a plier and wiggle it out after a minute or two.

On close examination, I figured it out.

The bit holder is magnetic. Then there is a small groove on the inside of the holder, where a C ring can be seen which I assume it’s role is to prevent the magnet from falling out.

Only problem is, that ring is slightly smaller in size then a hex bit. You have to use gorilla force to push a bit past that ring.

TERRIBLE DESIGN DEWALT and NO QUALITY CONTROL!!!

I hate those type of bit holders , that little extra spring ring is definitely annoying when trying to get the bits out

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Anyone knows how to take this apart?

When I rotate this part to insert a blade, the blade will not insert easily. When I try it over and over to finally get the blade to insert and bottom, the part will not rotate back to the original position. I wonder if something has fallen in it. Anyone knows what I can try?

Clev08
    Pro

When I rotate this part to insert a blade, the blade will not insert easily. When I try it over and over to finally get the blade to insert and bottom, the part will not rotate back to the original position. I wonder if something has fallen in it. Anyone knows what I can try?

It may be a little rusty inside judging by the rust on the tip of the blade clamp mechanism. You could try some WD-40 or compressed air to try and clean it out. On my recip saw I have to wiggle the blade a little for the clamp to lock the blade in place.

I had a similar problem once with that similar mechanism on the Bosch 18 volt cordless jigsaw , I was cutting metal with it , and I think it was a tiny metal chip that was causing the blade not to hold properly , I blew it out with air from the compressor a few times , and gave it a few shots of try flo oil , that looks like it did it for me , has been working great since

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks guys I tried both compressed air as well as some WD40 to no avail. Also tried running it with no load holding the saw pointing down to shake off any debris that may be trapped.

Can’t think of anything else to try except to take it apart, that guard being non pivotal and non removable makes it a challenge too.

Thanks guys I tried both compressed air as well as some WD40 to no avail. Also tried running it with no load holding the saw pointing down to shake off any debris that may be trapped.

Can’t think of anything else to try except to take it apart, that guard being non pivotal and non removable makes it a challenge too.

I actually even used the jigsaw blade with the blade end out holding it and plunging away at the inside with the teeth just in case , maybe that’s what did it for me

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I had a similar problem once with that similar mechanism on the Bosch 18 volt cordless jigsaw , I was cutting metal with it , and I think it was a tiny metal chip that was causing the blade not to hold properly , I blew it out with air from the compressor a few times , and gave it a few shots of try flo oil , that looks like it did it for me , has been working great since

What was the issue you were having your 18V jigsaw? Last fall my BIL went to use my 18V jigsaw and he couldn’t get the Bosch blade to stay in the blade holder. I didn’t look at as we working on the house. I have forgot about it til now.

Greg

What was the issue you were having your 18V jigsaw? Last fall my BIL went to use my 18V jigsaw and he couldn’t get the Bosch blade to stay in the blade holder. I didn’t look at as we working on the house. I have forgot about it til now.

Because I was cutting down a ceiling fan tube support , it was steel , and I assume it was a tiny metal chip that was creating the problem 🤷‍♂️ after I messed around with it , it seems like it’s okay , that’s over a few years ago , it’s been fine since

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Anyone knows what I can try?

Does it do that with “all” blades? I had that issue when I first got my saw. Blew it out, sprayed with WD-40, blew it out again. Seemed to work freely but still wouldn’t lock with blade inserted. I tried a different blade and that one worked. I guess something was off just a hair on the 1st blade. I also have a scraper type blade that is slightly thicker than the saw blades and that will not lock in either

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Anyone knows what I can try?

Does it do that with “all” blades? I had that issue when I first got my saw. Blew it out, sprayed with WD-40, blew it out again. Seemed to work freely but still wouldn’t lock with blade inserted. I tried a different blade and that one worked. I guess something was off just a hair on the 1st blade. I also have a scraper type blade that is slightly thicker than the saw blades and that will not lock in either

Yes with all blades. It also does it in both directions that a blade can be inserted. I messed with it again today and now I cannot get a blade inserted at all, it was able to a few days ago with great difficulty and many tries but today it won’t let a blade bottom into it no matter what I do or how much I wiggle the blade.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Here is a little different type of rant. About 2 weeks ago I took my little 12v Drill/driver with me to the rental property. I couldn’t find since I came back home. I looked every where possible I thought. Today I found it on the floor on the passenger side of the truck. It was covered by the bag of ratchet straps. I know I looked there. All I can say is I very happy to have found it.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I cannot get a blade inserted at all, it was able to a few days ago with great difficulty

How’d you make out with the saw ? Do you see pins on the side of the chuck ? Those have to be driven out to take the chuck apart. Be mindful as to how they come out so they go back in the same. I can’t believe the shoe isn’t removable ?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today I found it on the floor on the passenger side of the truck. It was covered by the bag of ratchet straps

Glad you found it. That is maddening when you lose something and can’t find it. BTDT.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Today I found it on the floor on the passenger side of the truck. It was covered by the bag of ratchet straps

Glad you found it. That is maddening when you lose something and can’t find it. BTDT.

Oh I glad I found it too. It is my go to drill. I have put off doing a couple of jobs for the wife because I didn’t have this drill. Oh yes it was maddening that I lost this drill and could find it.

Greg

Here is a little different type of rant. About 2 weeks ago I took my little 12v Drill/driver with me to the rental property. I couldn’t find since I came back home. I looked every where possible I thought. Today I found it on the floor on the passenger side of the truck. It was covered by the bag of ratchet straps. I know I looked there. All I can say is I very happy to have found it.

Good thing you really didn’t loose it , that’s a nice little drill , looks like it’s in great condition , thankfully it wasn’t -20 ish outside 👍🤞

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good thing you really didn’t loose it , that’s a nice little drill , looks like it’s in great condition , thankfully it wasn’t -20 ish outside 👍🤞

Yeah I happy really wasn’t lost. I never thought I lost. Just knew I put some where I could remember where I put it. Didn’t help that day I was rushing trying to get stuff loaded in the truck and get back home.

Yeah it is in pretty good shape considering I use it all the time.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Yeah I happy really wasn’t lost. I never thought I lost. Just knew I put some where I could remember where I put it.

Welcome to my world.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Yeah I happy really wasn’t lost. I never thought I lost. Just knew I put some where I could remember where I put it. Didn’t help that day I was rushing trying to get stuff loaded in the truck and get back home.

Yeah it is in pretty good shape considering I use it all the time.

Yeah we all have days like that , especially when we are busy and running around

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I say it is the Gremlins! They hide things! ha ha

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.558 seconds