dcsimg

Tool RANT of the Day….Aaaargh! V2

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Any good recommendations for laser levels?

I have the 300 Rotary laser kit on the prize list and just love it. But it’s almost HAM in points or real pricey to buy out of pocket.

That is alot of points. But sounds like it worth it.

So far it has been. Have used it lots and I see a lot more uses out of it. It’s a nice kit.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have the 300 Rotary laser kit on the prize list and just love it. But it’s almost HAM in points or real pricey to buy out of pocket.

So far it has been. Have used it lots and I see a lot more uses out of it. It’s a nice kit.

That is good to hear. Nice to hear you are getting lots of use out this kit and more in the future.

I haven’t used a Rotary Laser since the 90’s when I was working in the concrete work.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

That is good to hear. Nice to hear you are getting lots of use out this kit and more in the future.

I haven’t used a Rotary Laser since the 90’s when I was working in the concrete work.

The prices have certainly come down a lot. I recall years ago they used to cost thousands. Now you can get them for less than a thousand.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So, I bought a receiver for my GLL3-80 laser level off Amazon about a month and a half ago for the two deck builds I was doing in August, and I spent a good deal of time trying to make sure I got the right one. I ended up going with the LR6, but when I got it out a tried to use it, nothing happened. Right in front of the homeowner too, lol.

So I called Bosch’s help line and talked to a nice lady who seemed to think I had the right receiver but there might be something wrong with it or possibly my laser. So she helped me set up a repair order and I sent the receiver in (the laser I got from a trade with DWB on here so it’s not under warranty, but I was pretty sure it was working just fine – it’s been great in every other instance)

It took me a bit to get my act together and send it in, but once I had and the repair place got it (nearest repair place is a few states away in Arkansas apparently) it only took a few days for the tech to get back to me saying there was nothing wrong with it, but was I sure I got the right one. He listed the compatible lasers and, of course, mine wasn’t on the list. So I told him that I had been under the impression, after what I thought had been some thorough research, that the LR6 would work with my laser, and he told me that I should have gotten the LR2, which he happened to have an extra of just sitting on his bench, and would I like to have it, no charge! So now I have the correct receiver and I can hopefully return the original one I bought off Amazon!

All that to say, as much as I am annoyed with Amazon for listing the compatibility wrong, Bosch’s customer service is pretty great.

Charlie

Instagram

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Does it have to be limited to tools?

I could go on right now about paying $80 for a sheet of 1/2″ maple plywood today. Whew, made me sweat when he quoted me, and that wasn’t even for the premium stuff they had. Sometimes the price of admission is pretty high.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I could go on right now about paying $80 for a sheet of 1/2″ maple plywood today. Whew, made me sweat when he quoted me, and that wasn’t even for the premium stuff they had. Sometimes the price of admission is pretty high.

I don’t have any problem with post not being about tools. There might be others that do.
    That is quite pricey! I think I paid arounf $40 for 3/4 spruce plywood in the summer. That kinda made me sweat too.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I don’t have any problem with post not being about tools. There might be others that do.
    That is quite pricey! I think I paid arounf $40 for 3/4 spruce plywood in the summer. That kinda made me sweat too.

Believe me, I will be checking the settings on the saw more than once when I cut it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So I told him that I had been under the impression, after what I thought had been some thorough research, that the LR6 would work with my laser, and he told me that I should have gotten the LR2,

I cannot for the life of me figure out why they make things so hard with the laser levels. There have been more receiver non-compatible issues on here than there should be.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I could go on right now about paying $80 for a sheet of 1/2″ maple plywood today.

Man that is very expensive and for plywood too. Only the top veneer is maple the rest is who knows what.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Believe me, I will be checking the settings on the saw more than once when I cut it.

I sure you will. I know I would too. Hope all goes well with this project. What are you making?

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

What are you making?

A cabinet for storing potatoes and onions.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

What are you making?

That will be a nice project to make.

Greg

Doobie

What are you making?

Don’t keep your onions and taters near each other Jim. There’s a gas that onions emit that causes spuds to spoil faster than they would otherwise.

Don’t keep onions near apples either. The apples slowly pick up the flavor of the onions.

@jimdaddyo

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Don’t keep your onions and taters near each other Jim. There’s a gas that onions emit that causes spuds to spoil faster than they would otherwise.

Don’t keep onions near apples either. The apples slowly pick up the flavor of the onions.

No worries there. It’s for my sister, so I won’t be in that situation.

Doobie
    OLD THREAD WARNING

I was spraying with my Fuji sprayer today and at one point, there was nothing coming out of the gun, yet my pressure pot had plenty in it. Turns out I had a kink in the feed hose from the pressure pot to the gun and that hose’s comnection at the pressure pot end was in the process of popping itself off and fortunately I caught it as it would have been a big mess to deal with had it come off completely.

The real problem was I couldn’t simply unkink the hose as it is a pretty stiff and windee hose and the hose’s walls were basically creased flat now.

I thought of maybe calling the Fuji retailer not far from me to see if they had that hose in stock, but I didn’t as I actually doubt they would. The pressure pot feed hose is not a common part, nor is the pressure pot set up. They have been closed for the day also and I was splattered in paint dealing with this already.

I came up with a solution that worked. I used an old half inch rubber reinforced laundry hose water feed and sliced it length wise. I placed it over the kinked area, had wifey hold the hose while twisting it ‘straight’ and wrapped the black laundry hose with some nylon strand reinforced tape as tight as I could manage. In little time, I was back in business.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I came up with a solution that worked. I used an old half inch rubber reinforced laundry hose water feed and sliced it length wise.

Good thinking Kevin, nice way to get out of s jam.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@doobie geeze man to bad about that , I wonder if that is a recurring thing with the hoses

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON
    <span class=”gdbbx-bbcode-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>OLD THREAD WARNING</span>

I was spraying with my Fuji sprayer today and at one point, there was nothing coming out of the gun, yet my pressure pot had plenty in it. Turns out I had a kink in the feed hose from the pressure pot to the gun and that hose’s comnection at the pressure pot end was in the process of popping itself off and fortunately I caught it as it would have been a big mess to deal with had it come off completely.

The real problem was I couldn’t simply unkink the hose as it is a pretty stiff and windee hose and the hose’s walls were basically creased flat now.

I thought of maybe calling the Fuji retailer not far from me to see if they had that hose in stock, but I didn’t as I actually doubt they would. The pressure pot feed hose is not a common part, nor is the pressure pot set up. They have been closed for the day also and I was splattered in paint dealing with this already.

I came up with a solution that worked. I used an old half inch rubber reinforced laundry hose water feed and sliced it length wise. I placed it over the kinked area, had wifey hold the hose while twisting it ‘straight’ and wrapped the black laundry hose with some nylon strand reinforced tape as tight as I could manage. In little time, I was back in business.

Wow that is too bad that happen with the hose. Sounds like the hose is quite thick enough. Good temporary fix to get the job done.

Greg

Doobie

doobie geeze man to bad about that , I wonder if that is a recurring thing with the hoses

Possibly. But it was also just maybe how I had it in a twist when I screwed it on to each end.

I’ve already put it all away for the next time, but yesterday I thought that I could remove the tape and clamp down the short section of rubber hose over it using my Clamptite instead.

https://clamptitetools.com/

Didn’t think of it at the time, but it would probably get that creased area even rounder than what I could muster with doing so with the reinforced tape instead as I could tell I wasn’t getting it as tight as it could be.

The section of rubber drain hose was too tight to simply slide it on even wish dishsoap to help slide it. It could have been done, but it would have been a bugger to slide it all the way to where it was needed. Instead, I cut it lengthwise and taped it, but there was still a gap of maybe a millimeter or two it could have gone further together.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

doobie geeze man to bad about that , I wonder if that is a recurring thing with the hoses

Possibly. But it was also just maybe how I had it in a twist when I screwed it on to each end.

I’ve already put it all away for the next time, but yesterday I thought that I could remove the tape and clamp down the short section of rubber hose over it using my Clamptite instead.

https://clamptitetools.com/

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”ClampTite Wire Clamp Tool | SEMA Show Preview” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/3NXVnmMjFk4?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>
    Didn’t think of it at the time, but it would probably get that creased area even rounder than what I could muster with doing so with the reinforced tape instead as I could tell I wasn’t getting it as tight as it could be.

The section of rubber drain hose was too tight to simply slide it on even wish dishsoap to help slide it. It could have been done, but it would have been a bugger to slide it all the way to where it was needed. Instead, I cut it lengthwise and taped it, but there was still a gap of maybe a millimeter or two it could have gone further together.

I have never seen that Clamp tite tool before. That looks like great way of clamping stuff. Man back in the day farmers would have loved having a tool like this.

Is possible to change the hose to a heavier hose?

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.352 seconds