dcsimg

Tool Bags…

This topic contains 37 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  overanalyze 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Do you prefer a rolling one of some sort (small tool bag with wheels or rolling jobsite storage), a hand carried bag (a la veto pro pac or CLC), 5 gal buckets (for the cheapskate in all of us), a backpack (a la klein’s or veto pro’s new one), or some combination of those?

I have a myriad of solutions right now and have invested some in l-boxxes (going on 7 I think… but could use about 4 or 5 more before I feel like my tools are legitimately organized)… I am also toying with waiting for the veto pro pac backpack (comes out this fall??) or just getting a klein backpack – to hold my absolute go-to essentials. Or maybe I just need to get me a monster veto pro XXL bag to take as much as possible everywhere… but I like being strategically light so that I am not lugging around 400 lbs of stuff (exaggeration). IDK… What do you guys use and why?

John S

…or maybe Bosch could just partner with Veto Pro Pac and make some SWEET limited edition bosch versions…!!!! It can’t be that hard to swing something like that Aaron?!!? haha just kidding… sorta ๐Ÿ™‚

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i hate toolbags for the most part, the only one i have that i actually like is my veto pro pack size L. the rest of my stuff is kept in tough boxes now

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

redwood
    Pro

Some people may laugh because Husky bags are a fraction of the cost of a Veto bag, but I have 2 of the rolling bags and I think they are great, especially for the cost. I load the crap out of them and no problems in around 4 years of use. They are used mostly for small hand tools and misc. stuff.

I have 7 tough boxes and the cart for the power tools.

Attachments:

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Mark, we must alot alike. Almost all of my tools reside in AWP or Husky bags. One for mechanical tools, one for electrical tools, one for wood working tools, etc. They are all stored in wood drawers in the back of my truck under my topper when not in actual use. I like this system because I can unload only the tools I need for the particular job.

No Mark – I think the Husky rolling bags are a brilliant option for easy, “cheap” mobile tool storage…And while I love my l-boxxes for keeping stuff at my house, I would be more comfortable taking some of the tough cases with me to a job site… Especially with their dolly (although the price tag is not so great)… Anyone try rigging up a different dolly to do the same job?

John S

redwood
    Pro

Funny that this topic came up. I was reorganizing the Husky bags earlier this week and decided I need another one. I was looking online at bags earlier in the day.

I really like the rolling bags, but I might try something different. What bags do you use Jerry?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have a combination of the 12, 15, and 18 in bags with zipper tops. I think I have about a dozen. (No comments about women and purses). I keep my stuff pretty well compartmentalized. 99% of the time I am able to park in the driveway of the place I am working so the rolling bags just are that big a help to me. I usually take one or two of the bags with me on the job site or if I am lucky and am right in front of the garage door, I may not even take a bag with me. Just load up the tool belt at the truck and go to work. If I need anything else it is not a big deal to go get something. The bags are really there to be my organization system.

hahaha… I have noticed that my love for tools really isn’t that different from my wife’s love of little crafty items… Too bad I don’t think she always sees it the same way, since she likes $2 cutesy tootsie things and I like $50+ items ๐Ÿ™‚ haha

John S

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I dont mind tool bags if you need to throw a few things into a bag for a small job but after a while it gets heavy to the point where i would prefer something that’s larger and on wheels.

redwood
    Pro

Nick wrote:I dont mind tool bags if you need to throw a few things into a bag for a small job but after a while it gets heavy to the point where i would prefer something thatโ€™s larger and on wheels.

That’s the beauty of these Husky rolling bags, Nick. I’m not sure why, but the picture I posted has the wheels wrong. There are actually only 2 wheels and they are on either side of the handle, 90 deg. to what is shown in the pic. I can even pull these up stairs and over somewhat uneven ground.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

It’s like a trick cart lol

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I use milk crates for most power tools and plano tool boxes similar to this .
    http://www.planomolding.com/product.php?BCCID=130&PID=923

woodman_412

I use a big tool bag for all my hand tools, a tool box for some of my misc tools and then pretty much everything else is in the case that it came with. I’ve had my tool bag for years and I couldn’t do without it now. Everything has a place in it and it works very well for me.

Dan

danpattison.com

I just got the klein backpack and I am not sure it is best for me. For an electrician (obviously) it seems to fit the bill, but I am just not convinced the design on the interior fits the bill for me for general tool storage

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i havent seen the klein backpack but home depot now carries the kuny`s / clc backpack.. looks alright. but i wont be buying one

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

John S wrote:I just got the klein backpack and I am not sure it is best for me. For an electrician (obviously) it seems to fit the bill, but I am just not convinced the design on the interior fits the bill for me for general tool storage

Do you have a link for the one you got John? I’m curious to see what it looks like and what is built into it.

Dan

danpattison.com

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Tradesman-Pro-Organizer-Backpack-55421-BP/203426594?keyword=klein+backpack#.UdnTFEIcPlI

it looks less like a kid’s backpack in person and the material seems decently durable… but i am still hesitant on keeping this one.

John S

woodman_412

Looks interesting but I don’t think it would work well for me. What kind of tools were you thinking of putting in it John?

Dan

danpattison.com

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

The back back idea doesn’t sound like something that I would be interested in. Makes me think of hiking. I definitely never hike to a job site. Maybe it would come in handy if my truck broke down. Other than that I don’t see a use for it for me.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.701 seconds