dcsimg

Tongue and Groove/Linoleum/ Hardwood

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@smallerstick That looks pretty good. Did you grout it?

That’s just the way it comes … seamless vinyl sheet, finished in an afternoon.

@smallerstick I thought you grouted it too. That looks really nice, and I like the color.

@TaraC thanks, it was really nice material to work with and not terribly costly. I think it will take me longer to mill the 1/4 round than it took to do the floor. LOL

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@smallerstick I thought you grouted it too. That looks really nice, and I like the color.

@TaraC thanks, it was really nice material to work with and not terribly costly. I think it will take me longer to mill the 1/4 round than it took to do the floor. LOL

The options in linoleum these days is almost limitless. Even some of the imitation wood/ceramic can look realistic from a distance.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That vinyl tile look is really nice and should be the way to go. Jim I think this will be easiest solution.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The options in linoleum these days is almost limitless. Even some of the imitation wood/ceramic can look realistic from a distance.

yah just like that tarkett fibre floor we bought. Heck the first time we encountered it, i had to ask @58chev how the look was achieved. we were looking at houses and the kitchen was covered with this and it looked impressive.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Very true. I’ve seen some laminates and vinyls that are very realistic. One in particular that looked so real I’d have been fooled, but it didn’t have the typical hardwood Sound when walking on it. Aside from that, it was great.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

yah just like that tarkett fibre floor we bought. Heck the first time we encountered it, i had to ask @58chev how the look was achieved. we were looking at houses and the kitchen was covered with this and it looked impressive.

I like the tarkett fibre floor…lots of flooring showrooms feature that in the south here in the states, and it does look impressive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

you’re very welcome, and would love to see more pics when you get the trim installed.

yes, I agree. Went into a home once, and at first glance really thought the homeowner had installed blues, and browns cobbleston/brick on their kitchen floor, but it was a linoleum from Shaw. I loved it.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I like the tarkett fibre floor…lots of flooring showrooms feature that in the south here in the states, and it does look impressive.

not sure how long or how well it they will last. i now have the bamboo one installed in the bathroom and it looks great. Gives the bathroom a whole different feel and look to it. I just need to clean/caulk up the sides

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

This will add a little more confusion to the thread… a complete start to finish DIY of a T&G floor

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Sanding the wood with the linoleum/glue/old ass tar paper that looks like old time black glue due to compression over the years will be next to impossible.

Clev08
    Pro

This will add a little more confusion to the thread… a complete start to finish DIY of a T&G floor

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ep89gfCpYAU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Wow! That is a lot of work!! I would definitely need to take my ADD medicine before working on that project

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ep89gfCpYAU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

yah saw this a while ago and it is super impressive, its something i would like to tackle when i find the forever house.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.364 seconds