dcsimg

Toilet detached

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Glad it worked out. I often add 2x cleats under the subfloor to have better bite.

Flanges can be tricky, I dont tackle all situations. If I had a lead bend and now Im lower its a easy fix to lower and peen over. If I had to add an extension because of high floors I wont touch it.

I always use the horned version of wax rings to drop into the hole. And when in doubt I use a big one and throw it in the microwave to soften it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks everyone for your support. It did turn out to be something I could handle, and I’m definitely glad to have the experience under my belt so if (when?) it happens again, or at my own home, I’ll be able to tackle it confidently and quickly.

@roninohio it was definitely worth it – I think I spent less than $25 in parts and my hourly rate is much less than a plumbers, so even having it take me four hours (and two trips to the hardware store) I think I made it for WAY less money.

It sure was nice though, to have all you there offering advice and encouragement. Way to go, Be The Pro!

Charlie

Instagram

Thanks everyone for your support. It did turn out to be something I could handle, and I’m definitely glad to have the experience under my belt so if (when?) it happens again, or at my own home, I’ll be able to tackle it confidently and quickly.

It sure was nice though, to have all you there offering advice and encouragement. Way to go, Be The Pro!

I watched your IG story’s . Glad it worked out for you . Knowledge is power .

Always willing to learn .

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Oh, haha! Yeah, I’m trying to be more active on there. It’s hard though, because I rarely do things I can take a break in the middle of (or want to either) and this wasn’t exactly a good project as far as taking good pictures go, but I figured it’s a good DIY experience, and it had a happy ending, so maybe it helps someone else ha e the courage to go and do it too. You’re absolutely right – knowledge is power.

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

nice job on the repair charlie. was not to too complicated huh?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

nice job on the repair charlie. was not to too complicated huh?

Not nearly as bad as I had imagined it would be. But things went about as smoothly as possible – had I needed to replace the valve on the toilet, or if I couldn’t gain purchase into the subfloor to anchor the flange to it could have been a whole different ball game. But I guess, even then, it would have been ok. Nice thing is, no matter what, I don’t have to pay for any of it!

Charlie

Instagram

Oh, haha! Yeah, I’m trying to be more active on there. It’s hard though, because I rarely do things I can take a break in the middle of (or want to either) and this wasn’t exactly a good project as far as taking good pictures go, but I figured it’s a good DIY experience, and it had a happy ending, so maybe it helps someone else ha e the courage to go and do it too. You’re absolutely right – knowledge is power.

Either way it’s experience under the belt film or no film . You made some people happy with a proper toilet .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.398 seconds