dcsimg

Today's yard sale finds

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 760 total)
  • Author
    hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Sometimes yard/garage sales are good to stop at. Congrats @58chev

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

ThanX fellas.

Nice haul! No garage sales in my area. At least for another month.Water everywhere. Flooded houses, streets.

@sorpa,
    Just might be a plethora of sales once things start to dry out.

Yeah, no doubt about it.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I know where you’re coming from Ron. I’m never able to buy lady things I want at garage sales for fear that someone I know might see me. My stilleto pumps and corset collections are that much less because of it.

hmmmmm….. that just may explain why you’re interested in that kilt

Doobie

I know where you’re coming from Ron. I’m never able to buy lady things I want at garage sales for fear that someone I know might see me. My stilleto pumps and corset collections are that much less because of it.

hmmmmm….. that just may explain why you’re interested in that kilt

Touché!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s that time of year again. Saturday morning there were a few sales in my area but I only hit one. They advertised a “mechanics garage sale”. Well they were dumping everything that was inside of the garage. I got there a bit late and I’m sure some of the good stuff was gone.

I scooped up a couple of Bastard Files (made in Canada), Small Vice-Grip, a few punches, carbide scratch awl, piston ring compressor, snap-on box wrench set (they look like new) and a 4′ pry bar all for $5.
    I could not get the 5v’er outta my wallet quick enough. 😀

Congrats Frank. I will start to keep my eyes open too. I barely went on some last year.
    Garage and estate sales are fun and sometimes you can really find some treasures.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Picked up an old small dresser cabinet for 5$ made of cedar. It will be repurposed as an outdoor garden table by my wife

I also got two rusted hand saws for $0.25 each. At 50 cents, how could I go wrong? One was unnamed, but the other is a Disston

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Good find @montreal woodworks. They say you can never have enough tools lol.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

icked up an old small dresser cabinet for 5$ made of cedar. It will be repurposed as an outdoor garden table by my wife

Great way to pick up some nice wood. Why didn’t I think of that?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

icked up an old small dresser cabinet for 5$ made of cedar. It will be repurposed as an outdoor garden table by my wife

Old dining tables are often a good source or maple or oak. Cherry and walnut tend to get priced as “antiques” but the lighter woods do not, and the straight boards make them the easiest to repurpose.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Old dining tables are often a good source or maple or oak. Cherry and walnut tend to get priced as “antiques” but the lighter woods do not, and the straight boards make them the easiest to repurpose.

Never looked at that old furniture like that but have seen some go really cheap.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I’ve done that before, except not at garage sales, just with wood furniture put out to the curb where I see some good wood that can be scavenged off and repurposed.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It’s that time of year again. Saturday morning there were a few sales in my area but I only hit one. They advertised a “mechanics garage sale”. Well they were dumping everything that was inside of the garage. I got there a bit late and I’m sure some of the good stuff was gone.

I scooped up a couple of Bastard Files (made in Canada), Small Vice-Grip, a few punches, carbide scratch awl, piston ring compressor, snap-on box wrench set (they look like new) and a 4′ pry bar all for $5.
    I could not get the 5v’er outta my wallet quick enough. 😀

Wow that is sweet deal. I haven’t stopped at yard sale in years. I just chose go to auction sales instead. I may have start stopping at yard sales.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

just with wood furniture put out to the curb where I see some good wood that can be scavenged off and repurposed.

That’s even a better idea, I see old furniture all the time by the curb.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

just with wood furniture put out to the curb where I see some good wood that can be scavenged off and repurposed.

That’s even a better idea, I see old furniture all the time by the curb.

Some old style bed headboards are often a good source. Even the old angle iron mattress supports can be cut and repurposed. I’ve done that a few times. I love repurposing that kind of stuff.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Some old style bed headboards are often a good source. Even the old angle iron mattress supports can be cut and repurposed. I’ve done that a few times. I love repurposing that kind of stuff.

Bed frames are great for repurposing. Just have to watch, some of the older frames are actually made from spring steel. A bit more trickier to work with.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I FOUND A RIDGID SANDER

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I FOUND A RIDGID SANDER

@rerun_1965 Pics or it didn’t happen Bob. lmao

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

hers the pic of the sander Ron

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

and another nice pickup was the bandsaw $25

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

and my wife found this at goodwill the other day for $10

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 760 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.863 seconds