dcsimg

Today's yard sale finds

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 861 total)
  • Author

Picked this 14 inch King Bandsaw off FB Marketplace for $100.00.

Congratulations , I’ve always had a liking to King canada products , looks like it’s in fairly good condition ,
    Good price also

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good to see this threads still live.

Nice find!! Wishing I had room for one. Had an opportunity for a bandsaw for $50, but no room. My shop seems to get smaller every year. Between what I’ve got in the shop/shed(8×10′ garden shed) and stashed in my fathers garage, I’d be hard pressed to fir it all, functionally into a 2 car garage. Been thinking of adding a 8×10 or 10×10 shed, so I can split the random crap that is worth keeping as I may use it one day, from the actual work area. New Shed will be the work area, with benches on 2 sides(1 for wood and the other for metal), tool storage on the rear wall, and a door on the 4th. Maybe an electronics section to the wood bench, as it seems my work breakdown is 60% metalwork, 15% electronics, and 25% woodwork.

My Power King from the original post in the thread snapped the blade 2-3 years ago and I’ve yet to replace it. Mainly because it sits on the floor back in a hole, and it’s both an effort to get out and an effort to set up. Harbor Freight carried a “3 wheel” blade thats 62.5″ long. I recall that saw taking a 64″ blade. The reason the blade snapped is that 3 wheeled saws small diameter wheels. 6″ in this case, which flexes the blade in a lot tighter arc, resulting in work hardening the blade steel and eventually is snaps.

Sorry this drags out so long. I spend my days alone in a skid-steer cab so tend t be longwinded.

I’ve heard tell we’ll be having some townwide sales this year so maybe I’ll stop spending so much on new tools and add to the collection of rusty relics. Honestly amazed at how much I’ve spent on new tools in the pandemic.

Highly considering buying a Harbor Freight oiled type air compressor regardless. I’m on my 3rd or 4th garage sale find and none have preformed satisfactorily. The latest was an oiled belt driven one that blew a hole in the tank on day 2. The previous one, which I repaired with parts from the other compressor I bought together as package, had never built enough pressure to shut off and as of late, doesn’t built more than 30PSI. In other words, I’ve been burned on used air compressors so many times I’m just not finding it worth the risk.

Yes it is nice to see this thread is still alive.

Thanks it was a nice find.

I now have 3 bandsaws. I have a 10, 12 and now a 14 inch. I will sell the 10 inch now. I am still doing some work on my 12 inch. So I haven’t used it in quite awhile. I now have really small space now. In the future I plan on a bigger workspace.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Congratulations , I’ve always had a liking to King canada products , looks like it’s in fairly good condition ,

Good price also

Thanks! Yeah I don’t mine King products too. This is my first one. Yeah it is in pretty good condition for being almost 25 years old.
    Yes it was great price. The same saw the day sold for $225.00 Most 14 inch bandsaws are selling from $200.00 to $350.00

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow really good shape for $100, great score for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow really good shape for $100, great score for sure.

Thanks! I think it was a good score. I hoped to get cleaned up. I got some new blades ordered.

Greg

Good price also

Thanks! Yeah I don’t mine King products too. This is my first one. Yeah it is in pretty good condition for being almost 25 years old.

Yes it was great price. The same saw the day sold for $225.00 Most 14 inch bandsaws are selling from $200.00 to $350.00

Nice 👍

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I think it was a good score.

I think so too. Looks like it’s based on the reliable old Delta design, which a lot of them are. Congrats on that find. It’s one tool I don’t own, so I am a little jealous…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I think it was a good score.

I think so too. Looks like it’s based on the reliable old Delta design, which a lot of them are. Congrats on that find. It’s one tool I don’t own, so I am a little jealous…lol.

Thanks Jim! I do believe it is based on the old Delta design. I have been wanting a 14 inch bandsaw for quite a long time. I wanted a bigger bandsaw for resawing on.

Now you have the space you could get a bandsaw. Not sure how easy they are to find used in your area? Bandsaws are a hot item in my area.
    Someday I would like to get old cast iron bandsaw.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Not sure how easy they are to find used in your area?

Nothing is easy to find in my area…lol. The best we have locally is Canadian Tire and Home Building Centre. You have to go to the Soo 2 hours away and the selection there is pretty scant too.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nothing is easy to find in my area…lol.

That’s too bad. So I guess it will tough to find any used woodworking tools then.
    So I guess you are lucky to have a Canadian Tire and Home Building Centre in your town then.
    That’s got to suck to drive to Soo when you need bigger items.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Still looking at 15 ga nail guns….probably going to have to be Amazon.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Still looking at 15 ga nail guns….probably going to have to be Amazon.

You can some good deals on Amazon. Nice to have free shipping.

Greg

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I’ve finally got some new scores. Didn’t go to any last year. I’ll be going out again tomorrow. Both of the towns I’d found lots of good stuff at in the past have their sale weekends this weekend. We hit one early this morning, although most sales weren’t open. Lots of people out. We’ll be driving through that town tomorrow, and heading to the other town first. I honestly don’t have much on me shopping list this year. I’ve run out of room and have 99% of my tool needs(The #1 thing I look for is old rusty tools for dirt cheap) met in excess. The big things on my wishlist for the year are a Blacksmiths Post vise, and a larger yard tractor to take some of the firewood hauling around the house off of the 20yr old hydro-static lawn mower, as I’ve had to open that transmission up twice to keep it going. The pump/motor units are very worn and are cost prohibitive to replace.

So on to todays finds:

Sears Brand Deep cycle battery charger-$15

Not my picture, but the same model. I don’t need the deep cycle feature, but needed something to supplement my current Walmart cheapie that my father has taken over, and the tiny 6/12v Silver King I pulled out of the trash when my mother was looking into doing electrolysis to clean up old cast iron.
    charger

Also a very cheap home tools set that I knowingly overpaid for and upon getting it home and taking a closer look, I DEFINATELY overpaid for. It’s not in bad shape and only the hammer and a pair of pliers are missing. The astounding low quality of all the tools is the issue. I’ve only brought myself to open it up once since I’ve got it here. $10

I also bought a kid sizes wheel barrow, for my nephew to replace the one he’s got that the plastic tub has disintegrated on. $6

I will say that overall prices seemed very high. I’ve been on a kick of repairing a lot of small engine type things as of late, so anything I saw with an engine I’d check out. Things which We’d have picked out of the free pile in rough or totally trashed condition were marked at $75, $100, or even $250.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I’ve finally got some new scores. Didn’t go to any last year. I’ll be going out again tomorrow. Both of the towns I’d found lots of good stuff at in the past have their sale weekends this weekend. We hit one early this morning, although most sales weren’t open. Lots of people out. We’ll be driving through that town tomorrow, and heading to the other town first. I honestly don’t have much on me shopping list this year. I’ve run out of room and have 99% of my tool needs(The #1 thing I look for is old rusty tools for dirt cheap) met in excess. The big things on my wishlist for the year are a Blacksmiths Post vise, and a larger yard tractor to take some of the firewood hauling around the house off of the 20yr old hydro-static lawn mower, as I’ve had to open that transmission up twice to keep it going. The pump/motor units are very worn and are cost prohibitive to replace.

<span class=”gdbbx-bbcode-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>So on to todays finds:

</span>

Not my picture, but the same model. I don’t need the deep cycle feature, but needed something to supplement my current Walmart cheapie that my father has taken over, and the tiny 6/12v Silver King I pulled out of the trash when my mother was looking into doing electrolysis to clean up old cast iron.

charger

Also a very cheap home tools set that I knowingly overpaid for and upon getting it home and taking a closer look, I DEFINATELY overpaid for. It’s not in bad shape and only the hammer and a pair of pliers are missing. The astounding low quality of all the tools is the issue. I’ve only brought myself to open it up once since I’ve got it here. $10

I also bought a kid sizes wheel barrow, for my nephew to replace the one he’s got that the plastic tub has disintegrated on. $6

I will say that overall prices seemed very high. I’ve been on a kick of repairing a lot of small engine type things as of late, so anything I saw with an engine I’d check out. Things which We’d have picked out of the free pile in rough or totally trashed condition were marked at $75, $100, or even $250.

I don’t hardly go to yard sales. If I drive by one and see something that grabs my attention. Pretty sure we are not allow to have yard sales right now due the lockdown. All my purchase of used items are from Yard sale sites on Facebook.
    People are asking very high prices on used items. The worse part is that some people are paying these high prices.

Greg

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Not many finds today. I got 2/3 of a huge machinist step block/strap clamp, missing the step block for $1, and $9 DVD’s for $1/ea. Trying to complete a few movie series that I only have part of with the latter.

Belleville, ON

I’m not going to a fraction of what I used to. I’ve got more than my share of rusty tools I’ve cleanup up and put back to work. I still hoping to come across a blacksmiths post vise, but I’m not holding out much hope. They’re not all that common around here, and those that have them don’t want to part with them. A vise that was designed to have work clamped in and beaten with a sledgehammer without risk of breaking is handy in most any shop.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A vise that was designed to have work clamped in and beaten with a sledgehammer without risk of breaking is handy in most any shop.

Wow that does sound handy, don’t think I have ever seen one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

<span class=”gdbbx-bbcode-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>So on to todays finds:

</span>

charger

Wow that’s a pretty interesting charger , is that little red switch on the right for selecting amps
    I gotta get one , mine bit the bullet a few years ago , always handy to have one

I would love to pick up a blacksmith vise ,
    We have a garage full of items here , we were looking forward to having a garage sale this weekend , but our town cancelled it because of covid-19 , they are thinking about the long weekend in June. 🤞

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

The wife hit some yard sales on Saturday. Came home with this 6ft fiberglass ladder for $25

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The wife hit some yard sales on Saturday. Came home with this 6ft fiberglass ladder for $25

$25 for a good ladder is a real steal right there. Good find.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice score , looks like it’s in good condition

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.103 seconds