dcsimg

Today's yard sale finds

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 857 total)
  • Author

Spent $40 CAD on a humongous Bailey#6. Photographed next to its younger/smaller sibling #5 that measures 4″less 😀

Cleaned up pretty nice. I’m in need of the smaller screw from the handle/tote.

Not something that you’d find in the store because Stanley decided to go with a weird #12-20. If you have some donor around would be greatly appreciated.

Or an idea to rethread the existing hole. Same thing with the long rod whose threads are damaged and barely holding. See the red arrows.

Congratulations , looks pretty good , nice difference between the lengths ,
    How long do you need the #12-20 , does it matter what type of material , and what head style 🤷‍♂️

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

How long do you need the #12-20 , does it matter what type of material , and what head style

The small one is around 1″ ( without the head), steel, pan head slotted or robertson # 1 or 2. But slotted is much easier to make.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

How long do you need the #12-20 , does it matter what type of material , and what head style

The small one is around 1″ ( without the head), steel, pan head slotted or robertson # 1 or 2. But slotted is much easier to make.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Doobie

Spent $40 CAD on a humongous Bailey#6. Photographed next to its younger/smaller sibling #5 that measures 4″less 😀

Not something that you’d find in the store because Stanley decided to go with a weird #12-20. If you have some donor around would be greatly appreciated.

Or an idea to rethread the existing hole. Same thing with the long rod whose threads are damaged and barely holding. See the red arrows.

Nice find. Congratz Sorin! 👍

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Spent $40 CAD on a humongous Bailey#6.

Man that is a nice plane. Good score for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The plane did clean up pretty nice. That is too bad that threads are good in screw holds. I am just wonder if lock tite would help. Sounds like you might have to drill tap to the next size standard screw.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am just wonder if lock tite would help.

Lock Tite makes a thread restorer. You put it in the hole, screw in the fastener, wait for it to dry viola new threads.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I had a few free minutes yesterday. So I cleaned up my new N0.5 Stanley. I really need too much.

A fine job. If you go to

https://hyperkitten.com/tools/stanley_bench_plane/

Click on the “plane dating flowchart”, you can follow it through and see exactly what you have.

Thanks it was pretty easy to clean up. I will check out that link.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

My son can certainly find the deals ! Of course he had a good teacher 😉 He bought a Bosch router table on CL for $50. When he went to pick it up the guy asked if he was interested in a router. Long story short, he walked away with the table, a 1617 router, the edge guide and a chamfer bit for…..$80

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My son can certainly find the deals ! Of course he had a good teacher 😉 He bought a Bosch router table on CL for $50. When he went to pick it up the guy asked if he was interested in a router. Long story short, he walked away with the table, a 1617 router, the edge guide and a chamfer bit for…..$80

That is sweet deal for everything. Your son was very lucky finding this deal.

Greg

😲😱😱 I guess you can say he’s been paying attention to his father 👍👌
    That’s a great deal , both for 80 , that’s pretty much a steel , is that the blue table , or the white Bosch one ,
    That’s one thing I want to add eventually.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That’s a great deal , both for 80 , that’s pretty much a steel , is that the blue table , or the white Bosch one ,

1171 ? Thw white one with MDF/laminate top, he’s aware and said if it’s not true/flat/swelled he would make his own table and use all the components.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Long story short, he walked away with the table, a 1617 router, the edge guide and a chamfer bit for…..$80

Man what a nice deal. Very nice find.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

1171 ? Thw white one with MDF/laminate top, he’s aware and said if it’s not true/flat/swelled he would make his own table and use all the components.

Yeah that’s the one , it’s a nice router table , I wonder why one model , actually the one on the list here has the aluminum top , and the one you mentioned having a mdf/laminate top , I wonder why the difference.

Both are nice models ,
    I’m thinking about going for the one in the list.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Love a good find like that!

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I had a few free minutes yesterday. So I cleaned up my new N0.5 Stanley. I really need too much.

A fine job. If you go to

https://hyperkitten.com/tools/stanley_bench_plane/

Click on the “plane dating flowchart”, you can follow it through and see exactly what you have.

Thanks. I will check that link out.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Picked this 14 inch King Bandsaw off FB Marketplace for $100.00.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Nice find. With a little clean up you’ll be all set

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nice find. With a little clean up you’ll be all set

I thought it was too. Right now bandsaws are selling like hot cakes. The guy I bought from said he had 42 inquires about the saw. I was the first person to contact him.

Greg

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Good to see this threads still live.

Picked this 14 inch King Bandsaw off FB Marketplace for $100.00.

Nice find!! Wishing I had room for one. Had an opportunity for a bandsaw for $50, but no room. My shop seems to get smaller every year. Between what I’ve got in the shop/shed(8×10′ garden shed) and stashed in my fathers garage, I’d be hard pressed to fir it all, functionally into a 2 car garage. Been thinking of adding a 8×10 or 10×10 shed, so I can split the random crap that is worth keeping as I may use it one day, from the actual work area. New Shed will be the work area, with benches on 2 sides(1 for wood and the other for metal), tool storage on the rear wall, and a door on the 4th. Maybe an electronics section to the wood bench, as it seems my work breakdown is 60% metalwork, 15% electronics, and 25% woodwork.

My Power King from the original post in the thread snapped the blade 2-3 years ago and I’ve yet to replace it. Mainly because it sits on the floor back in a hole, and it’s both an effort to get out and an effort to set up. Harbor Freight carried a “3 wheel” blade thats 62.5″ long. I recall that saw taking a 64″ blade. The reason the blade snapped is that 3 wheeled saws small diameter wheels. 6″ in this case, which flexes the blade in a lot tighter arc, resulting in work hardening the blade steel and eventually is snaps.

Sorry this drags out so long. I spend my days alone in a skid-steer cab so tend t be longwinded.

I’ve heard tell we’ll be having some townwide sales this year so maybe I’ll stop spending so much on new tools and add to the collection of rusty relics. Honestly amazed at how much I’ve spent on new tools in the pandemic.

Highly considering buying a Harbor Freight oiled type air compressor regardless. I’m on my 3rd or 4th garage sale find and none have preformed satisfactorily. The latest was an oiled belt driven one that blew a hole in the tank on day 2. The previous one, which I repaired with parts from the other compressor I bought together as package, had never built enough pressure to shut off and as of late, doesn’t built more than 30PSI. In other words, I’ve been burned on used air compressors so many times I’m just not finding it worth the risk.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 857 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.970 seconds