dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Picked up a 16″ long 3/8 daredevil self feeding paddle bit the other day to sink some rebar through a few 6×6 landscape timbers – it worked great! And then later I needed to drill through a 4×4 so I just used an old regular length paddle bit and the difference was incredible! Those self feed bits are awesome.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

And then later I needed to drill through a 4×4 so I just used an old regular length paddle bit and the difference was incredible! Those self feed bits are awesome.

Thank you for the mini review. Nice when someone finds a tool that saves time and makes the job go easier.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

while did not by any, I saw this display at our local Menard’s. I significant increase to their usual offerings of Bosch Accessories. They had displaced the Hitachi stuff,

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Picked up a 16″ long 3/8 daredevil self feeding paddle bit the other day to sink some rebar through a few 6×6 landscape timbers – it worked great! And then later I needed to drill through a 4×4 so I just used an old regular length paddle bit and the difference was incredible! Those self feed bits are awesome.

Those are my absolute favorite paddle/spade bits.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@woodsconstruction this is the first one I’ve bought, are the bigger sizes that fast at going through material??? This was beyond crazy – I kept thinking I needed to pull back to clear material, but when I let it go it just kept going!

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

while did not by any, I saw this display at our local Menard’s. I significant increase to their usual offerings of Bosch Accessories. They had displaced the Hitachi stuff,

Maybe Bosh is making a run at the big box stores again. They had reduced their presence but with the new tools, in bags, and the CORE battery maybe they are staging a comeback.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@woodsconstruction this is the first one I’ve bought, are the bigger sizes that fast at going through material??? This was beyond crazy – I kept thinking I needed to pull back to clear material, but when I let it go it just kept going!

Yes they are great, I used to buy the cheaper house brand, but after I bought the Bosch years ago, never again, they are definitely top notch.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@boschmanbrian I know, those other bits don’t compare at all as long as you’re going for speed. I’m usually not though – I use paddle bits to make certain depth holes and flat bottomed holes (basically the same as a forstner, but way cheaper!) and I’d be worried these would blow right past whatever depth I wanted because they cut so fast. That’s why I typically stick to the cheapies. But for going straight through stuff these are awesome 👍

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was in the shop working and broke the tool tray on my VAC140A (the big dust collector vac). I am use to working on cars and even small plastic parts can set you back a bunch. So I figured I’d fix it with epoxy, which I did. Later on I was on-line and figured I would check the price. Over to the Bosch site and the parts were $14, $22 with shipping. The site is super easy to use, just plug in the model number and up comes the parts drawing, find the parts and the drawing allows you to put them in the cart so you can see the price. If you register you can track the order. Really neat site and good prices.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

My experience as well. My step son picked up a set of those and the difference is amazing. It takes a little concentration to remember not to push and to let the drill do the work. That done, they seem to just drift through material.
    Well worth looking at.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

@theamcguy that’s good that you found it and not expensive either, which tool tray is that, I will have to check them out, are you referring to the caddies that holds the vacuum accessories,

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I was in the shop working and broke the tool tray on my VAC140A (the big dust collector vac). I am use to working on cars and even small plastic parts can set you back a bunch. So I figured I’d fix it with epoxy, which I did. Later on I was on-line and figured I would check the price. Over to the Bosch site and the parts were $14, $22 with shipping. The site is super easy to use, just plug in the model number and up comes the parts drawing, find the parts and the drawing allows you to put them in the cart so you can see the price. If you register you can track the order. Really neat site and good prices.

@theamcguy

I never did order anything myself thru the spare part site but it definitely sounds easy. As Boschmanbrian already said, which part exactly broke?
    the part in the back which holds the attachments?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Maybe this has something to do with Hitachi buying out Metabo in the fall of 2015 and how they are redirecting themselves.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

It is easy to use. I was just on there a couple days ago. Like you said you click it to put in cart and it shows the tool model, Part #, Part Description, and price. Or, you can just hover over the part# and it shows price

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Or, you can just hover over the part# and it shows price

Thank you for that tip did not know that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Bought an 12v FL12 off amazon today for a decent price and prime shipping also.

A Working Pro since 2004

Congratulations Chris, you must have at least 4 now.

Great light.
    I will definitely be getting another eventually,

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Congratulations Chris, you must have at least 4 now.

Great light.
    I will definitely be getting another eventually,

Yeah, I have three now. Lost one, gave one away as a gift awhile back and have one that I have completely abused. Still works though! I’ll grab a picture sometime.

A Working Pro since 2004

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Maybe Bosh is making a run at the big box stores again. They had reduced their presence but with the new tools, in bags, and the CORE battery maybe they are staging a comeback.

I know Stephenson’s Rentals with 35 locations across Ontario/Alberts has one of the biggest selections of Bosch accessories and bits I have seen.

A Working Pro since 2004

I know Stephenson’s Rentals with 35 locations across Ontario/Alberts has one of the biggest selections of Bosch accessories and bits I have seen.

Definitely have seen their bulldogs and accessories in the big box stores for rentals also

Hopefully they start putting more cordless tools up on the shelf for sale again,

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘Today … I bought a Bosch’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.355 seconds